Around the NHL: 2015-2016

LGR4GM

He could of moved up to Stanley Cup Champion?  No he should have fought for Drury and Briere and should have gone out and fought to get someone other than just Derek Roy for center. Darcy was a yes man.  

How do you know he didn't?  There's a difference between being a "Yes Man" and just doing what your boss tells you to do.  In the real world, people have to jobs where they have to do things they may not agree with because of what their boss/company wants.  You can't just quit every time you get an order you don't like.

Agree that he didn't do enough to replace them.  It's the reason I wanted him gone.

How do you know he didn't?  There's a difference between being a "Yes Man" and just doing what your boss tells you to do.  In the real world, people have to jobs where they have to do things they may not agree with because of what their boss/company wants.  You can't just quit every time you get an order you don't like.

Agree that he didn't do enough to replace them.  It's the reason I wanted him gone.

Part of DR job is selling what the team needs to his bosses.  He failed at that miserably. 

Toffoli signed to $6.5 million, two year, deal in L.A. (which happens to be where I am, today).

$2.6 million and $3.9 million.

http://www.sportsxchange.com/tsxfiles/?page_id=211&max_colums=20&story_id=109034

Is this where I post this?

Yep. I know you got confused since it seems to have turned into the "Darcy Regier Dead Horse Thread" :nana:

Toffoli signed to $6.5 million, two year, deal in L.A. (which happens to be where I am, today).

$2.6 million and $3.9 million.

http://www.sportsxchange.com/tsxfiles/?page_id=211&max_colums=20&story_id=109034

Is this where I post this?

It got buried but it was posted earlier. This would be the correct thread though IMPO.

Bruins have just made a historically bad trade. This is all-time bad. 

I can't agree more.  I'm seeing rumors of a first round pick and two seconds for a kid who could have been their next franchise defenseman.

I can't agree more.  I'm seeing rumors of a first round pick and two seconds for a kid who could have been their next franchise defenseman.

Flames fans must feel like they just won the draft. Hamilton, Giordana, Brodie, Russell & Wideman? That's a group of D-man you can win a Cup with. 

Stop it.

And the rest of you too.

I'm sure you want to be able to post the rest of today.

Sorry, wasn't aware one word is a ban; I missed the rest of the shindigs, not sure what else happened. 

Calgary got the better deal there.

Bob McKenzie ‏@TSNBobMcKenzie 9m9 minutes ago

CGY gives up 1st round pick (15th) and two second-round picks for Dougie Hamilton. #TSN

Guess we know the Bruins are in full rebuild mode now. Can't wait to see where Lucic goes, and if they make Bergeron or Marchand available

Wow.. that's a great score for Calgary.  The Flames D were already pretty good last year and they just took a huge leap forward.  Calgary can afford to part ways with those picks given the players they have up front. 

That said, the trade is the kind of trade Boston can make to try and pick up a few pieces that will help down the road. They are going to go through a rough couple of years. I wouldn't be surprised if a few other big names get dropped from their roster in an effort to shore up some quick high picks in the next few years. 

As a Sabres fan I won't be sorry to see Hamilton in Calgary.

@TSNBobMcKenzie: BOS agrees to terms with D Adam McQuaid. Four years, AAV of $2.75M. #TSN

There have also been reports that Dougie Hamilton was only looking for an AAV of $5.5M. So Boston has traded a budding star defensemen for peanuts just to get him out of conference, and given a long term deal for half of Hamilton's ask to a 3rd pairing defensemen. All they're missing for the trifecta of stupid today is giving Lucic a long term extension. This is glorious.