Around the NHL: 2015-2016

LGR4GM

Jake Allen, 2yr extension

In general, can you name the team and position even if it's an extension? Some of us may know the rosters of all the teams, but I suspect at least some of us don't.

(for the record, Jake Allen is a G for St. Louis)

In general, can you name the team and position even if it's an extension? Some of us may know the rosters of all the teams, but I suspect at least some of us don't.

(for the record, Jake Allen is a G for St. Louis)

Woo woo woo, you are telling me you guys don't have an encyclopedic memory of every player in the NHL?  Slackers.  :P

Lol in all seriousness though I will get that in mind in the future.  

Elliotte Friedman@FriedgeHNIC 3m3 minutes ago

Not sure what is out there, but ARIZ/Boedker settle at one-year, $3.75M. Avoid arbitration.

I fully expect him to be one of the top names around trade deadline time. He now becomes a UFA next offseason. One of the more versatile young forwards who can play all three spots.

Forwards aren't our problems, but I would definitely be interested. Either at the deadline if we're in the playoff hunt and have some health issues or next offseason if somebody in the top nine disappoints or is dealt.

DONE DEAL! Vladimir Tarasenko has signed an eight-year, $60 million deal. >>> http://bit.ly/1JMqwWK  #stlblues

He only gotten over 60 points once in his career, contracts like this will destroy the league.    Another lockout is coming.  :P

Do add if I have missed any of the stupid comments we had to endure last couple of days :D

Edited by Heimdall

I wonder if the ROR contract influenced that one. Same value per year.

Perhaps some. Tarasenko's deal is all in base salary, so he will be easier to buyout if needed. 

He only gotten over 60 points once in his career, contracts like this will destroy the league.    Another lockout is coming.  :P

Do add if I have missed any of the stupid comments we had to endure last couple of days :D

I would trust ROR to maintain his value more than I would trust Tarasenko to maintain his.  Thinking the style of game they play.

Perhaps some. Tarasenko's deal is all in base salary, so he will be easier to buyout if needed.

I would trust ROR to maintain his value more than I would trust Tarasenko to maintain his. Thinking the style of game they play.

You can also add the russian-factor to the Tarasenko equation ;)