Trade ideas and speculation

Hoss

I know this is all humor, but I want no part of Burns that takes any of our core/prospects. He's MVP material now, but he's aging and I want no part of a late 30's D-man with an $8mil cap hit when this team should be in its prime years.

I haven't thought of actually evaluating the proposal but you make that trade even if it includes multiple firsts going the other way. It would make them a contender the second the trade is made.

Just a gut feeling that we don't do a whole lot, I think this deadline is going to be fairly quiet, maybe if this team had an identity (we've heard that before) then it would change it a bit, but right now, we're on the outside with a chance.... And a slim one, plus the expansion, I just don't think we'll see a big splash

Just a gut feeling that we don't do a whole lot, I think this deadline is going to be fairly quiet, maybe if this team had an identity (we've heard that before) then it would change it a bit, but right now, we're on the outside with a chance.... And a slim one, plus the expansion, I just don't think we'll see a big splash

I agree. My buddy and I hang out every year on deadline day for drinks and food. Last year was the worst, most boring deadline day ever. I expect this year to be more of the same.

I agree. My buddy and I hang out every year on deadline day for drinks and food. Last year was the worst, most boring deadline day ever. I expect this year to be more of the same.

Yup. I remember being so hyped for last year, and nothing happened. Guessing Kane is an offseason deal, and the most we get is a 2nd round pick for Kulikov or Franson

http://www.diebytheblade.com/2017/2/21/14694648/sabres-trade-phone-anaheim-ducks

For what it's worth... I don't see any way that proposal happens from that article.. Fasching and a 2nd for Manson?

I think Manson would be a great addition and someone to target. I think the fact that the Sabres have a wealth of wingers that the defence-wealthy Ducks could use now and in the future make us good trading partners.

I've also read that the Ducks will ask Bieksa to waive or buy him out, relieving some of their squeeze. And that their preferred path is to re-sign Fowler and create space for that by trading Vatanen.

They will make a move, but I'm not sure if it will be before the draft and I imagine there will be a lot of suitors.

I think Manson would be a great addition and someone to target. I think the fact that the Sabres have a wealth of wingers that the defence-wealthy Ducks could use now and in the future make us good trading partners.

I've also read that the Ducks will ask Bieksa to waive or buy him out, relieving some of their squeeze. And that their preferred path is to re-sign Fowler and create space for that by trading Vatanen.

They will make a move, but I'm not sure if it will be before the draft and I imagine there will be a lot of suitors.

I'm guessing they'll want a scoring winger this dead line. Their big 3 are all 32 or older and heading to the back side of their careers. The time to go for it is now for them I'd imagine.

They have the defensive ammo to really make a push, but we'll see if they go all in or remain decisively conservative on their approach.

I will say Buffalo and Toronto really make good trading partners for Anaheim. The differences is Buffalo can offer more impact.

That wouldn't be bad, but I think the Wings view him as their Eichel, almost.  It would take someone like Nylander or another top prospect.

EDIT:  The other thing to consider with Larkin is that he is streaky.  I could see him working out well with Eichel, or I could see him becoming the next Drew Stafford.

Edited by Doohickie

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.