Trade ideas and speculation

Hoss

Saw this on another board.

Don't love the idea of losing Girgs (with Larsson out), but I can see why it makes sense particularly if we ever come to our senses and move Samson to centre permanently.

Wild fan here. One of you guys popped over to our trade board and mentioned Sabres appear to be heavily scouting the Wild. Trying to think of something that makes sense, i've come up with the following. I don't love it from a Wild fan perspective, but I can see how it would make sense to Fletcher to balance short and long term needs.

Scandella + B prospect/mid pick/combo of both for Kulikov and Larsson/Girgensons.

Why it makes sense for the Wild: Wild need to clear Scandella's salary for next season, we'd love to keep him but not at the expense of losing Nino or Granlund. Need the space. But we also don't want to incredibly weaken the D core for our playoff run. Wild are also looking for both short term/long term Bottom 6 C depth that will cost around 1 million next season (Haula won't be back, his raise will cost to much).

Does it make sense for Buffalo is what i'm curious about. It's a solution for their long term needs at LHD, at the cost of an expiring D and bottom 6 C. I'm not sure if you think there is room for both Girgs and Larsson long term. I suspect Fletcher would shoot for Kulikov and Larsson. Kulikov wouldn't be resigned by the Wild, and free to return to Buffalo if Murray wants him back.

Edited by dudacek

Shattenkirk, Mantha, Tatar, Green

Green would be useful, but in the long haul all that is doing is creating a patch on the problem.  Green is on the wrong side of 30.  So while it helps in the short term, it does not fix the long term.  Re:  Gorges, Bogosian.   I'm all good for the other names, though Shatty is a RHD. 

Per Joe Yerdon

Buffalo-Colorado a popular spot for scouts tonight. Leafs with three including Kyle Dubas. Two each from CBJ, MTL, LA, WPG, CGY.

Leafs looking at The Avs?

Its been speculated by Datar that yes, they are.

LA GM Lombardi and staff looking at Buffalo for sure. Kane? Maybe.

Buffalo had 3 scouts last night at LA AHL game.

Come on Kaner, hat trick with 2 helpers, 4 blocked shots, 5 hits and a bloody knuckler that leaves the opponent fetaled at the end of the bench sucking his thumb, crying and heard mumbling "momma, momma".

Edited by Lucky E

Its been speculated by Datar that yes, they are.

LA GM Lombardi and staff looking at Buffalo for sure. Kane? Maybe.

Buffalo had 3 scouts last night at LA AHL game.

Come on Kaner, hat trick with 2 helpers, 4 blocked shots, 5 hits and a bloody knuckler that leaves the opponent fetaled at the end of the bench sucking his thumb, crying and heard mumbling "momma, momma".

Yes, please, so Murray understands how silly it would be to trade a player like that for LA Kings minor league prospects.

As Murray says a lot on wgr, "never say never", but Sabres trading Kane in season seems to be one of the most unrealistic things at this point. Even if the teams we're chasing get hot in the next week or so, and by the time we return from the bye week we're double digits away from anyone sitting in a playoff spot, I just don't see how we'd get fair value for Kane in season? If we trade Kane, i think the trade is made in the off-season around the draft.

Saw this on another board.

Don't love the idea of losing Girgs (with Larsson out), but I can see why it makes sense particularly if we ever come to our senses and move Samson to centre permanently.

Wild fan here. One of you guys popped over to our trade board and mentioned Sabres appear to be heavily scouting the Wild. Trying to think of something that makes sense, i've come up with the following. I don't love it from a Wild fan perspective, but I can see how it would make sense to Fletcher to balance short and long term needs.

Scandella + B prospect/mid pick/combo of both for Kulikov and Larsson/Girgensons.

Why it makes sense for the Wild: Wild need to clear Scandella's salary for next season, we'd love to keep him but not at the expense of losing Nino or Granlund. Need the space. But we also don't want to incredibly weaken the D core for our playoff run. Wild are also looking for both short term/long term Bottom 6 C depth that will cost around 1 million next season (Haula won't be back, his raise will cost to much).

Does it make sense for Buffalo is what i'm curious about. It's a solution for their long term needs at LHD, at the cost of an expiring D and bottom 6 C. I'm not sure if you think there is room for both Girgs and Larsson long term. I suspect Fletcher would shoot for Kulikov and Larsson. Kulikov wouldn't be resigned by the Wild, and free to return to Buffalo if Murray wants him back.

Not bad a-tall.  Turning Zemgus or Larsson, both of whom I think share the same ceiling -- i.e. solid #3C -- and are thus somewhat redundant, into a legit 26-year-old 2nd-pairing defenseman would be a pretty solid move.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.