Trade ideas and speculation

Hoss

I haven't read the actual CBA but from the articles I've read discussing it you have until August 15th the year after he graduates from college. So I'm almost positive he would still be an RFA this summer. At this point he's a pretty high end prospect (our best goalie prospect?) and therefore I would have thought we would have heard more last summer since he wasn't signed.

Kris Baker in the same interview mentioned that he qualifies as a UFA this summer since draftees become free agents in the June four years after being drafted if they haven't signed yet. He was drafted in 2013 so will be an UFA in 2017. Baker mentioned he had spoken to a league source who is a CBA Expert who confirmed this to be true.

The Sabres are the only team that can burn a year of his ELC though and it appears Murray will push hard to sign him.

Kris Baker in the same interview mentioned that he qualifies as a UFA this summer since draftees become free agents in the June four years after being drafted if they haven't signed yet. He was drafted in 2013 so will be an UFA in 2017. Baker mentioned he had spoken to a league source who is a CBA Expert who confirmed this to be true.

The Sabres are the only team that can burn a year of his ELC though and it appears Murray will push hard to sign him.

My God I would hope so.  That would be a big loss.  I'm not sold on Ullmark and Lehner is inconsistent to go along with his concussion history.  Petersen is my guy.

Big waiver list today: Cramarossa, MA Bergeron, Jokipakka, M Weber, Didomenico, Fehr, Dumont.

@TSNBobMcKenzie  2h2 hours ago
 TB has list of 16 teams Valtteri Filppula can be traded to; 13 he can't. Belief is TB has approached him to consider waiving to one of 13.
Edited by WildCard

@frank_seravalli  53m53 minutes ago

More

Further to @DarrenDreger, 2 teams have made offers on Halak, a 3rd is also in mix. He has 1-year left at $4.5m and .924 career playoff sv%.

Oh PLEASE let the Sabres be involved in a 3 way trade involving him that starts today & is finalized tomorrow. Hoping he ends up a Sabre at least 2 more times & never plays a minute. It'll be an awesome trivia q to keep in the back pocket until it's REEEEAAAALLY needed. ;)

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.