Trade ideas and speculation

Hoss

I want Tim Murray to get one player on this roster. We may have to wait another season or 2, but I want Dylan Larkin on Jack Eichel's LW.

The same Dylan Larkin that Tim tried to move three 2nd red picks for at 15.

Jack and Dylan have played together before. Larkin on Jack's LW, yes please. And the sooner the better.

Zero percent chance they trade him. Hometown kid. Tons of potential, already a 20 goal scorer.

I would trade Kane to Anaheim for two D-men. Not Fowler or Lindholm - but two of the other young ones.

I trade Asplund to Florida to get Pysyk and correct that mistake. Sadly this one won't happen.

I retain half Bogo's salary and I trade him for a first to someone. I package our two firsts and our one prospect D-man to Winnipeg for Trouba (this is pricey, so I think we could get it cheaper).

Risto - Trouba

McCabe - Pysyk

Anaheim 1 - Anaheim 2

That is your defence sorted.

McKenzie: [paraphrased] 'Nothing is going to happen at the deadline because of the dead cap and expansion draft'

http://www.fanragsports.com/nhl/mckenzie-shares-latest-trade-deadline-sentiments/

UFA market.. if you have a good UFA you can probably move it for some picks.. after that it gets dicey on handling rosters into next year.

UFA market.. if you have a good UFA you can probably move it for some picks.. after that it gets dicey on handling rosters into next year.

UFA market is horrendous this year. Last year was the market for defensemen with Yandle and Goligoski

“I did have one general manager in the Eastern Conference late last week who said he thinks this is going to be as quiet as it has been in the last decade to 15 years,” said TSN’s Darren Dreger during one of his Tuesday radio hits.

http://www.fanragsports.com/nhl/friedman-get-trades-people-love-trades/

“Yes, no question about that,” agreed hockey Insider Darren Dreger during a Thursday morning radio hit on Montreal’s TSN 690. “It seems strange to say Kevin Shattenkirk will be traded, but we believe he’s going to be traded for exactly the reason that you’ve just mentioned. It’s that Troy Brouwer walked out of the organization – nothing came back. David Backes, now with the Boston Bruins, left the St. Louis Blues as their primary leader and the Blues got nothing in return. So can they afford to do that again and watch Kevin Shattenkirk march into unrestricted free agency in the summer and sign for term and money away.

“You can build the argument as to why they would hold onto him. I mean, he’s such an integral piece and part of the organization as they march toward the playoffs. But in the long-term picture, it doesn’t make sense. And I’m told they’ve committed to trading him.

“But we’ll see if something changes between now and early next week. But that’s our sense at this stage.”

http://www.fanragsports.com/news/dreger-shattenkirk-im-told-theyve-committed-trading/

Edited by WildCard

Zero percent chance they trade him. Hometown kid. Tons of potential, already a 20 goal scorer.

That 20 goal season was last year when he had sheltered minutes behind Dats. He's clearly not had a good campaign this season. Removed from the power play, cut from penalty killing and reduced to just over 10 minutes of ice time a game.

One you can call that a sophomore slump, you can point to it as a product of the transitioning environment with the old guard on the roster leaving and the youth learning on the job, but there is certainly enough evidence to indicate he's not untouchable. If the price is right.

This is why I indicated in a year or 2. Detroit is clearly in denial that a rebuild is needed. Retooling won't solve the cratoring holes in every key area of there roster. Temporary under-performing is one thing, but with half of their roster, it's gone beyond temporary and is showing that subpar is what they are.

We'll see in a couple seasons if my analysis is correct, and in Larkins case, I'm counting on it.

Yeah I think it would cost more towards Reinhart than Nylander. And I'm not sure they'd do that, though I'm confident that Reinhart is better than Larkin.

Posted it elsewhere a week ago, but since Jan. 1 2016, Reinhart has outscored Larkin something like 68 points to 39.

Betcha 3 out 4 hockey fans would guess it was the other way around.

Larkin is the center of that rebuild, he's not moving. They wouldn't even have moved him when we tried to trade up for him when the originally drafted him

And every player is available for the right price with the exception of Crosby and McDavid

Sorry, but I'd add Eichel to that list.

I would trade Kane to Anaheim for two D-men. Not Fowler or Lindholm - but two of the other young ones.

I trade Asplund to Florida to get Pysyk and correct that mistake. Sadly this one won't happen.

I retain half Bogo's salary and I trade him for a first to someone. I package our two firsts and our one prospect D-man to Winnipeg for Trouba (this is pricey, so I think we could get it cheaper).

Risto - Trouba

McCabe - Pysyk

Anaheim 1 - Anaheim 2

That is your defence sorted.

Risto won't be playing on the left. We know Trouba won't, either, from his dealing with the Jets. I suppose Pysyk could. But if we had two RHD with Risto and Trouba, would make more sense to target a LHD to add to McCabe.

Wouldn't trading for this guy, if we somehow could, almost completely address our D-man issues, particularly if we could offload Bogosian? I feel like:

McCabe - Ristolainen

Kulikov - Shattenkirk

...would be more than sufficient. Kulikov representative of some sort of UFA signing, potentially even him. Murray has dealt with St. Louis before, maaaaybe he can again.

Probably a minority opinion, but I wouldn't move Nylander for Larkin. Reinhart would make me hang up the phone laughing.

I'm there.

Edited by Thorny

From the Preds Radio In Game Reporter

With Hainsey traded, other possible "depth dman" targets for #Preds:

Quincy (NJ)

Smith (DET)

Wiercioch (COL)

Gorges (BUF)

Beauchemin (COL)

Please make the fourth one happen.

I'd be overcome with joy if we could offload Gorges at any point between now and the start of next season.

McKenzie: [paraphrased] 'Nothing is going to happen at the deadline because of the dead cap and expansion draft'

http://www.fanragsports.com/nhl/mckenzie-shares-latest-trade-deadline-sentiments/

Wouldn't the upcoming expansion draft be a reason for more trades? Teams may want to get value for players who would otherwise leave for nothing. There's also the angle of picking up an expansion draft decoy.

Wouldn't the upcoming expansion draft be a reason for more trades? Teams may want to get value for players who would otherwise leave for nothing. There's also the angle of picking up an expansion draft decoy.

Not necessarily. Any time a team makes a trade they aren't just giving up what they sent out of town. They are now also swapping out (for simplicty's sake, not absolutely the case as a trade can alter a team's protected list breakdown of 7-3-1 vs 4-4-1) the risk of losing to Vegas the guy that prior to the trade was their 11th best skater prior to risking the guy that was their 10th best skater prior to the trade. (Assumes a team is trading for an upgrade that they'd want to protect rather than the former last protected guy.)

For example, assuming 7-3-1 & no other moves the Sabres last protected D is probably Bogosian (if thry WANT to lose the contract it could be Falk, but again for simplicity let's say Bogosian) & due to injury #7 is likely Larsson. Pick up a D for a package & Bogosian rather than Ennis is probably gone; pick up a W & Larry is gone rather than Ennis. Did you give up little enough to have the trade still make sense even though you lost Larsson as well? Does the package that makes sense from the Sabres perspective still make sense to the trading partner?

And every team is looking at trades through the same lens. Any trade for a non-draft exempt player or UFA means a player that team wanted to keep gets exposed to Vegas.

Risto won't be playing on the left. We know Trouba won't, either, from his dealing with the Jets. I suppose Pysyk could. But if we had two RHD with Risto and Trouba, would make more sense to target a LHD to add to McCabe.

Wouldn't trading for this guy, if we somehow could, almost completely address our D-man issues, particularly if we could offload Bogosian? I feel like:

McCabe - Ristolainen

Kulikov - Shattenkirk

...would be more than sufficient. Kulikov representative of some sort of UFA signing, potentially even him. Murray has dealt with St. Louis before, maaaaybe he can again.

I'm there.

Only you don't trade for Shattenkirk unless you can extend him.   Better just to let him go to UFA and see if the Rangers can fit him under their salary cap.

Which they can't do unless they trade away Nash.    After that we might be his next best option if the Rangers deal falls through.

Shattenkirk has his mind set on one team, and that is the rangers, he already said no to the oilers and lightning because he didn't want to extend.

If I'm the Pens? I do not

Probably true, but then you have to extend that list, because the Caps would never trade Ovi, and the Hawks would never trade Toews or Kane (probably), and there's others who wouldn't be traded for sentimental reasons. If tomorrow they do a EA Sports style fantasy draft and my team ends up with Crosby, I trade him for McDavid in a heartbeat

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.