Trade ideas and speculation

Hoss

Shattenkirk to Caps or Pens per Lawton.

Rangers in the mix as well. Per Chad Domenics Franson maybe a fall back option for them

Wow, what a let down that would be "well we tried for Shattenkirk, the biggest D name on the market right now but couldn't get him, so heres Cody Franson instead!"

Well, if the Kings want Kane, and they just brought in Bishop, I think a deal could be had here.

Buffalo sends kane to the kings and in return we can take that other goalie of theres, whats his name, Quick? off of their hands..... And since I am feeling generous, we can throw in their pick of Nillson or Lehner, if not, then the Sabres can move one of them to Edmonton since they are interested in one of them and take one of those 1st round busts off their hands (Eberle, RNH, or McDavid)

Per Craig Custance

Activity picking up with Sabres. I think GMs noticed the losses and see opportunity. No trade conversations on Evander Kane though.

Bishop, Hanzal, and Shattenkirk gone? Without Kulikov, we have, comparably, Nilsson, Gionta/Girgs?, and Franson/Kulikov

Is it just me, or does it seem like the east just loaded up for a gunfight while the west is sitting idly by and watching?

I mean, I expected teams like Calgary, Nashville and Anaheim to go for it.

I mean tbf only two eastern teams has made a move so far while three western contenders have. But it will be really interesting to see what Nashville and Montreal do to counter Edited by WildCard

Does at the draft count as near term?

Yes. Maybe I'm being unduly pessimistic, but I don't expect the gape between Kane's perceived value to the Sabres and his actual trade value to narrow much. Only thing I see shifting the calculus is if his contract demands necessitate a move.

Edited by TrueBlueGED

John Shannon was on GR this AM and stated the Habs desperately need scoring. Kane came up and he mentioned that Sergechev would be a no go, but he mentioned Noah Juulsen playing for Everett in the WHL as a possibility. At first glance that's not even close to Kane's Value.

Do not say that. This would be devastating. He's our future cup winning goaltender IMO.

He's actually a Free Agent this Summer and can sign anywhere if he desires

John Shannon was on GR this AM and stated the Habs desperately need scoring. Kane came up and he mentioned that Sergechev would be a no go, but he mentioned Noah Juulsen playing for Everett in the WHL as a possibility. At first glance that's not even close to Kane's Value.

Really?  I thought he had to go back for one more year before he becomes a Vessey?

Ya I don't think this is right.  A player must play 4 full seasons of college to become a UFA.  This is Cal's third season.  That's why there will be a big push for Murray to sign him this summer.

Edited by Derrico

Really?  I thought he had to go back for one more year before he becomes a Vessey?

Ya I don't think this is right.  A player must play 4 full seasons of college to become a UFA.  This is Cal's third season.  That's why there will be a big push for Murray to sign him this summer.

Not positive on how his situation plays out. He's only in his 3rd year of college but played in USHL for a year after getting drafted.

So, he either is UFA after his junior year or the Sabres have his rights for 5 years. Don't have time to look into CBA to see how that one falls out.

Not positive on how his situation plays out. He's only in his 3rd year of college but played in USHL for a year after getting drafted.

So, he either is UFA after his junior year or the Sabres have his rights for 5 years. Don't have time to look into CBA to see how that one falls out.

I haven't read the actual CBA but from the articles I've read discussing it you have until August 15th the year after he graduates from college.  So I'm almost positive he would still be an RFA this summer.  At this point he's a pretty high end prospect (our best goalie prospect?) and therefore I would have thought we would have heard more last summer since he wasn't signed.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.