Trade ideas and speculation

Hoss

Probably true, but then you have to extend that list, because the Caps would never trade Ovi, and the Hawks would never trade Toews or Kane (probably), and there's others who wouldn't be traded for sentimental reasons. If tomorrow they do a EA Sports style fantasy draft and my team ends up with Crosby, I trade him for McDavid in a heartbeat

I don't think trading Crosby is for sentimental reasons. He, unlike McDavid, gives them the best chance to win now. He would give Washington that, and Chicago that too

I would trade Eichel for McDavid. I would not trade Crosby or McDavid for anybody

Exactly why Eichel is also on the non trade list. If you would not trade McDavid or Crosby then how or for whom would you trade him to? Matthews,Crosby,McDavid and Eichel are the no trade players at this point.

Right but the thought is that you'll have, for example, teams who will be too heavy at d and have to expose people they don't want to to expose while they'd like to expose a winger they currently have in favor of a better one they could acquire for a D man they'd lose for nothing anyway.  It's a zero sum game but most teams don't have equal quality forward and defense depth within the non-expansion exempt portions of their rosters.  Even if the swaps end up being one for ones I'd be surprised if there isn't some juggling.

But who is going to juggle for the Vegas draft at the trade deadline?

The trade deadline is for teams that are close to find a missing piece &/or some extra depth & for teams that are clearly out to dump parts that don't fit into the rebuild. Minny isn't going to dump their 4th D to get prospects & the ability to protect 2 extra forwards in March.

There WILL be movement before the Vegas draft. The vast majority of it won't happen this week.

Exactly why Eichel is also on the non trade list. If you would not trade McDavid or Crosby then how or for whom would you trade him to? Matthews,Crosby,McDavid and Eichel are the no trade players at this point.

What? The hypothetical here is that I can trade Eichel for any player, and we're assuming Sakic is the other gn and will just say yes. There is no player or package in the league I would trade Crosby or McDavid for. There are packages or players I would move Eichel and Matthews for. Namely, McDavid

http://www.fanragsports.com/nhl/insiders-weigh-nixed-shattenkirk-trades/

“Now, what we also know is this: On three occasions – dating back to the Edmonton Oilers last summer, another team in November, and most recently another team in the last month – there have been deals consummated or conditionally consummated with the St. Louis Blues for Kevin Shattenkirk if he signed a long-term extension. But in each of those three instances, Shattenkirk was not able to come to an agreement. And the one most recently, in the last month or so, we believe was a seven-year, $42 million total, worth $6 million a year.

“So we’ll see what happens between now and Wednesday.”

Dreger on Shattenkirk: ‘I’m told they’ve committed to trading him’

Jeremy Rutherford of The St. Louis Post-Dispatch reported Thursday evening that “the swap of Shattenkirk would have been with an Eastern Conference team and is believed to be the Tampa Bay Lightning, with whom the Blues have long been speculated to be in trade talks.”

“I’m thinking Tyler Johnson is part of that package going the other way because if Tampa was going to have Shattenkirk signed to a seven-year deal at $6 million a year, they’ve got to move out some money.

“And as I said, even quite aside from whether they get a defenseman or not, they can’t afford Drouin, Palat, and Johnson this summer. Not a chance in the world in my mind, unless I’m reading the numbers wrong.

For everyone against trading Kane, look at the issue Shattenkirk has caused St.Louis. 3 teams were willing to pay an unreal price for him, and his UFA status has blocked every one of them. St.Louis desperately needs to move him, and they can't because he's going to be a UFA.

Here are all of your trade rumors so far

http://thehockeywriters.com/2017-nhl-trade-deadline-rumor-tracker/

Edited by WildCard

http://www.fanragsports.com/nhl/insiders-weigh-nixed-shattenkirk-trades/

For everyone against trading Kane, look at the issue Shattenkirk has caused St.Louis. 3 teams were willing to pay an unreal price for him, and his UFA status has blocked every one of them. St.Louis desperately needs to move him, and they can't because he's going to be a UFA.

The difference between Kane today and Shattenkirk a year ago is that the public knew then that Shattenkirk wasn't sticking around.

I've always said that if Kane has no intention of re-signing, then trade him.

And the Blues will trade him. It's will just be for rental prices, not a hockey trade.

I'd compare Shattenkirk's position now to O'Reillys two years ago.

Fortunately for us Ryan was open to signing with Buffalo.

The difference between Kane today and Shattenkirk a year ago is that the public knew then that Shattenkirk wasn't sticking around.

I've always said that if Kane has no intention of re-signing, then trade him.

And the Blues will trade him. It's will just be for rental prices, not a hockey trade.

I'd compare Shattenkirk's position now to O'Reillys two years ago.

Fortunately for us Ryan was open to signing with Buffalo.

Very true. And I fully admit I don't know the answer to that, but I believe he will not resign. I could very well be wrong

They'll move him just because they lost Ott and Backes for nothing and won't do that again. He won't get the 1st + #1 prospect + player that Edmonton, Zona, and Tampa offered them though

.@frank_seravalli -"I've been hearing - from the guys Darren Dreger was speculating to on WGR - that Tim Murray's phone is not ringing off the hook regarding Evander Kane."

Fixed it for you.

Soon to be a headline story and the subject of much internet consternation.

This is how it works boys and girls.

Edited by dudacek

Yup. If he moves it's gonna be at the draft

Well if the rumours are true that's he's unlikely to be extended, if he's not dealt at the draft, he'll have to be dealt sometime after. Probably an attractive piece at NEXT year's deadline as he'll no longer have term.

Watch us trade him for a couple picks and a middling prospect.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.