Dan Bylsma new Sabres head coach (now official!)

spndnchz

They just played their 5th game in 8 days and traveled from Buffalo to Arizona to Colorado to Buffalo in that same span of time. They were also short several regulars in that Detroit game. Is there just the slightest possibility they were just tired in that game????? I think the 3 days rest between games and getting a couple of guys back will get them back on track.

They just played their 5th game in 8 days and traveled from Buffalo to Arizona to Colorado to Buffalo in that same span of time. They were also short several regulars in that Detroit game. Is there just the slightest possibility they were just tired in that game????? I think the 3 days rest between games and getting a couple of guys back will get them back on track.

So how did that work out?

I'm just curious if DD had so much talent in Pittsburgh that he didn't have to do a whole lot of coaching.(obviously he coached a little) I mean that team was so stacked, it was basically just line changes and let the talent take care of it. Our team obviously isn't anywhere near that level, and we all know that struggles would be had. Is DD really doing the best he can with this roster, or like I (and several other believe) is he underwhelming, because failure always comes back to the coach in all sports.

(Realizing this is an hour late.) WTF was he thinking challenging that 1st goal?!?

The Otter was pushed into Lehner. That had ZERO chance of being overturned. :angry:

The bigger question was whether Z shoved Lehner with his stick which he did. It was a good challenge.

After Jack's second goal, that was 18 minutes without a shot on goal, wasn't it? 

Yup. Typical Bylsma lockdown mode when taking the lead in the 3rd, with a team not capable of playing in lockdown mode yet. It almost backfired again. Ottawa finished off the game outshooting them 22-0.

Yup. Typical Bylsma lockdown mode when taking the lead in the 3rd, with a team not capable of playing in lockdown mode yet. It almost backfired again. Ottawa finished off the game outshooting them 22-0.

Lindy was similar and I'm not sure Teds team ever played with the lead

Let me make sure I understand the complaint..... You have a coach, playing on the road, against a team fighting for a playoff spot, with 5 first year players on his squad, 2 top 6 forwards out, a D man that was on the first line out, we win 3-2 and we're complaining that he's not too bright, doesn't know what he's doing and his tactics stink??? Am I missing something in this argument???

Let me make sure I understand the complaint..... You have a coach, playing on the road, against a team fighting for a playoff spot, with 5 first year players on his squad, 2 top 6 forwards out, a D man that was on the first line out, we win 3-2 and we're complaining that he's not too bright, doesn't know what he's doing and his tactics stink??? Am I missing something in this argument???

Buffalo fans are never happy....even when our teams win.....we always need something to bitch about if our teams do not play a perfect game.....

The outcome has nothing to do with whether it was a good challenge. It was a terrible challenge with no hope of being won, even if "Z"'s stick grazed Lehner's pad. The big issue here is judgment. Who did Bylsma entrust with advising him? And given how terrible the challenges are, why is that person (presumably) still advising him? It goes to competence. The whole season goes to competence. Nolan, the bum with no system, could have the Sabres in this position.

The outcome has nothing to do with whether it was a good challenge. It was a terrible challenge with no hope of being won, even if "Z"'s stick grazed Lehner's pad. The big issue here is judgment. Who did Bylsma entrust with advising him? And given how terrible the challenges are, why is that person (presumably) still advising him? It goes to competence. The whole season goes to competence. Nolan, the bum with no system, could have the Sabres in this position.

Personally, I hate the challenges, unless it's just egregious just move on. Unfortunately the refs have overturned some very minor infractions and in so doing they have empowered the coaches to try almost everything in chance it'll go their way. I don't particularly think any challenge is bad in this scenario but until the league makes some minor changes, it'll go on, learn to live with it.

What the hell are you talking about? Z bumped right into him. Granted, he was nudged by McCabe, but It was a totally fine challenge, and on a different day I could see that goal getting overturned.

What the hell are you talking about? Z bumped right into him. Granted, he was nudged by McCabe, but It was a totally fine challenge, and on a different day I could see that goal getting overturned.

Don't bother. He's on a crusade and will twist/create scenarios to fit it. It's noble, really.

Yea but not the judgment of the coaches....

Nolan very well could have the Sabres in this position, or maybe better.

But that was a good challenge.

This is madness.

Not really.  He wouldn't be forcing them to play dump and chase, which costs this team possession and scoring opportunities, for one thing.

After 50 games last year, this team had 31 points.  Of course, that also followed a record-setting losing streak.

Now the Sabres have 44 in 50.

Yes, I think the roster improvements alone can account for 13 of those points.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.