Dan Bylsma new Sabres head coach (now official!)

spndnchz

This game was as close as it was because of coaching. Period. It certainly wasn't because of the rosters. Be mad if you want to, but be mad at the right thing.

Pfft I said that for YEARS and no one listened.  I was right then, and I'm right now.

*Camera cuts to a group of Penguins fans slowly nodding*

Right?

lindy had four lines to roll and still lost.

And are you seriously comparing a bunch of teenagers after a TANK to Lindy's teams?!

I don't think he lost 6 straight even after Larry and Darcy stripped the team.  

Maybe I'm wrong.

But this team certainly is better than the 2012 team, no?

Lindy wasn't the problem.

Disco Stu is the problem.

Maybe I'm wrong.

They lost seven of eight near the beginning of the 12/13 season. Eight of nine in the middle of the 11/12 season. But they never lost more than five straight in those seasons.

Maybe I'm wrong.

Lindy overstayed his welcome by many years.  He was the problem then (among many others) and Bylsma is a problem now.

Bad hire at the time which really called GMTM's genius into question.

That is, unless GMTM always planned this year to be Tank #3 for Top Player #3, and wanted to camouflage it all in a big name coach that would appeal to mainstream fans.

Not sure.

I remember Ennis talking about how he had to think too much under Rolston and how his game improved when Nolan freed him to just create.

I remember the beast that was Bogosian after the trade, roaming the ice like a rhinoceros on the Savannah. Zack just commented to the Winnipeg Sun about his different role this year.

We've all seen Girgensons.

Nolan may have had no game plan but he did let the players play to their strengths.

I am starting to think Bylsma is too far in the other direction.

I remember Ennis talking about how he had to think too much under Rolston and how his game improved when Nolan freed him to just create.

I remember the beast that was Bogosian after the trade, roaming the ice like a rhinoceros on the Savannah. Zack just commented to the Winnipeg Sun about his different role this year.

We've all seen Girgensons.

Nolan may have had no game plan but he did let the players play to their strengths.

I am starting to think Bylsma is too far in the other direction.

I was going to make this post last night but thought better of it. Now I see I'm not the only one who is thinking this. It seemed obvious to me: this team is being over-coached. There is just hesitation all over the ice, as if everyone is trying to make the play Dan wants them to make, not the play they want to make.

I've scoffed at all the subtle tank theories, but if the plan is to make drilling the fundamentals into the young guys the priority, then loosen the reins as they mature, then what we've seen fits.

That was the LA model, and in a lot of ways we've tried to follow the LA model.

Edited by dudacek

I was going to make this post last night but thought better of it. Now I see I'm not the only one who is thinking this. It seemed obvious to me: this team is being over-coached. There is just hesitation all over the ice, as if everyone is trying to make the play Dan wants them to make, not the play they want to make.

All you have to do is listen to that pregame lockerroom talk. Jebus. Guys are tying their skates, picking toe jam, doing Sudoku, anything to ease the torture of that.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.