Dan Bylsma new Sabres head coach (now official!)

spndnchz

I'm praying he pulls in Tong Granato. I still think he's a future head coach, but I think he'd be a great asset here to start.

He was with Bylsma in Pittsburgh and ended up in Detroit last year. With Babcock out there I'm not sure where he stands with the Wings, but I hope he comes along.

Keeping Irbe is a must.

Some draft pick crap to figure out but looks like he's in. (Which I think is a load of crap)

Chime in...

I'm curious who you guys and gals think he'll pull in for assistant coaches?

Chime in...

Sabs would be smart to refuse draft pick compensation to Pittsburgh.  If Pittsburgh wants to become known as a place where a coach can't pursue his profession after being fired, so be it.  

Some draft pick crap to figure out but looks like he's in. (Which I think is a load of crap)

Chime in...

Chime in...

It would make sense that he'd find a way to get Granato. Retain Irbe, get Richardson due to the TM connection, & maybe 1 other to round it out.

Chime in...

Chime in...

Which part are you saying is crap? The compensation or that he appears to be in? Assuming compensation

Unless Irbe really liked Buffalo, I expect him to be gone. Not because Bylsma wouldn't want him, but because eTeds Nolans isn't and he can just go home to Latvia. 

In honour of Disco Dan's hiring, I'm posting a video of *my* personal favorite disco song.

That change with the horny horns, though.

And, if all goes according to plan: We ALL should be dancing.

Good call. This is my favorite disco song as well...

The compensation is stupid but I feel like the hold up must be more than that.  Is Pittsburgh being d##ks or something?  

I just want to see this press conference honestly. Murray and Bylsma just chillin up there being like "Hey, we are going to win some cups."

The compensation is stupid but I feel like the hold up must be more than that.  Is Pittsburgh being d##ks or something?  

I just want to see this press conference honestly. Murray and Bylsma just chillin up there being like "Hey, we are going to win some cups."

Maybe the hold up is Battista.   :huh:

The Penguins fire the guy and want to continue to pay him not to work for them apparently.

They probably want to see if they can twist the Sabres arms for a higher pick. Why not try and see how Murray and Pegula react?

The rule is apparently black-and-white: a third-round pick as compensation for coach in the off-season.

So it doesn't seem like arm-twisting is involved.

It's either Sabres whining about how it shouldn't apply to a fired coach, or they are waiting on clarification over which third-round pick should go.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.