Dan Bylsma new Sabres head coach (now official!)

spndnchz

You're on a roll of late. You're also sounding like a bit of a lunatic.

Like Barry, I am unchained in my final days in office. Me, him and Tim -- ZFG!

I'm also so delighted that Blue, Eleven and I will be working together to bring down DDB. I know Eleven thinks it will pave the way for the end days and the return of Lindy, but I am willing to risk it.

Stahp.

GM TM has a plan. It may not be going off without a Hitch, but he's got a plan.

Yes, I just don't think the plan really was to suck this year.  I think it was a snippet taken out of context.  I discussed this enough during the summer though.

Yes, I just don't think the plan really was to suck this year.  I think it was a snippet taken out of context.  I discussed this enough during the summer though.

I don't think the plan was to win either. I don't think individual game results were a part of any plan this season...

Yes.  Gone.  If the Buffalo Sabres are in 29th place on January 7, 2017, tell me why he should stay.

IF the Sabres are in 29th on April 7, 2016 DB should be gone. (Unless there are some MAJOR injuries, beyond what they've had.)

I don't expect them to be there, but IF they are this year was a complete waste.

Perhaps not sucking this year and not sucking as bad as last year are different. 

GO SABRES!!!

Inspired by the Zemgus thread, I think he is misusing several players.  Zem, Moulson, Larsson, and Gionta among them.

I think Zemgus, Larsson and Gionta are being used properly now: Z playing wing with Eichel, Larsson at 3C, and Gionta at 3rd line RW. They were being misused earlier, but not now, I think.

Moulson is still being misused.

I don't think the plan was to win either. I don't think individual game results were a part of any plan this season...

I think Murray, Bylsma and Co. wanted to win this year. It depends what you mean by "plan". They may not have expected a ton of wins, but surely it would be preferable to them.

IF the Sabres are in 29th on April 7, 2016 DB should be gone. (Unless there are some MAJOR injuries, beyond what they've had.)

I don't expect them to be there, but IF they are this year was a complete waste.

What if they are in 17th, just missing the playoffs?

Edit - I agree though, if they are near dead last again next season, I would most likely want to see some change, barring major injuries, as you say. Just not sure they necessarily need to qualify for the playoffs for DDB to keep his job.

Second Edit - Just realized you said 2016, not 2017. Very interesting.

Edited by Thorny

Man. #hottake

I don't want to agree, but I'm giving the matter thought.

I think yo-yo'ing on coaches like that may be as or more harmful than sticking with a guy whose team did not reach expectations.

There's no f'n way Bylsma gets dumped after this season even if we're dead last. Unless GMTM goes to Pegulas and says we tried it your way and we're dead last. Now let's try it my way and bring in Luke Richardson.

Is any of that really likely to happen at at the end of this season? No f'n way.

Semantics! (said with jazz hands)

I really am not a jazz fan ... hands and all.

I think the Sabres are pretty much where I thought.  They are playing much better ... my eye ball test and I think that some of the fancy stat guys would have some fancy stats to back that up.  The problem is that if you are short on skill and / or experience at the NHL level then the improvement is not likely to translate into better results initially.

The fans were subjected to several years of threading water with the old core and management.  Then the fans were subjected to 2+ years of utter crap.  So, it is understandable that the fans want / need instant gratification in the sense of much better results.

I don't see Disco Dan (The Clash fan) being fired at the end of / during this season, or next, for that matter.  He is a good coach and is felling his way through this season.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.