Dan Bylsma new Sabres head coach (now official!)

spndnchz

I'm not sure what Johnson has to do with goals for.

Last year, Gionta, Moulson, Foligno, etc. were about the best on the roster.

This year they are not.  

It really should be self-evident that this year's roster is considerably better than last year's roster, even with injuries.  If you actually want to argue that point, I'm not having it.

I definitely agree with the idea that we have more talent this year, that's true. But I think what is being argued is that at least a good portion of that is offset by how many injuries we have had this year. We are 2nd overall in man-games lost this year, second to only Edmonton. Also, isn't scoring league wide down this year? A little is probably offset by that. Having said all that, we *are* scoring a lot more with the man advantage, which would be where the talent would have a mush easier time manifesting, considering a lot of it is youth. It'll take a little longer for the youth to get used to producing with consistency 5 on 5.

Add to that the fact the we are scoring at a slightly higher rate 5 on 5, and I think the way things are going make some sense. I expect to see massive strides next year.

I'm not sure what Johnson has to do with goals for.

Last year, Gionta, Moulson, Foligno, etc. were about the best on the roster.

This year they are not.  

It really should be self-evident that this year's roster is considerably better than last year's roster, even with injuries.  If you actually want to argue that point, I'm not having it.

I would argue this is an exaggeration.

:angel:

I will rephrase, I am not blaming Lehner for that loss.

Context....

Posts I made last night during the game on Lehner's performance. JJ went and found them to show proof that I am blaming Lehner.

As I said before, have not seen enough of his games yet.

Edited by LGR4GM

I will rephrase, I am not blaming Lehner for that loss.

Posts I made last night during the game on Lehner's performance. JJ went and found them to show proof that I am blaming Lehner.

As I said before, have not seen enough of his games yet.

I know.  What I'm saying is that your criticism of him last night does not translate into you blaming him for lack of 5 on 5 scoring.

I am. Sabres 5v5 struggles and Stephen Hawking's medical condition.

Lehner can't save Hawking, he can't save anything.

Those are both Weber's fault

A few bad games and he's getting grilled.  Absolutely smoked even.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.