Buffalo Bills 2015

Taro T

Spygate, Peyton Manning refusing to discuss strategy in the locker room and accusations of shenanigans with the wireless frequencies at Gillette and now this. A bunch of cheating shady ###### in NE.

This will be a legacy issue more than anything. He's still getting into the HoF on his first shot, but these stories will stick to him forever.

I agree that he probably isn't doing cartwheels.

I just HATE the fact so many people are more worried about hoping someone else fails instead of making themselves better. I'm 10x more concerned that David Lee and a snitch of an OL coach are here in Buffalo than I am with where Doug Marrone eventually retires with 8 figures in his bank account.

This certainly isn't one of mankind's finer qualities.

For those chirping about how the deflated balls affected the kicking game: What I've read indicates that there are three sets of ball on game day. Each team provides a set for when they're on offense and the NFL through the referees provides the set that is to be used for any place kicks.

So, the Patriots manipulating the air in those balls should not have affected their kicker. That is, of course, unless there were additional shenanigans going on in terms of what ball was provided for a Patriots kick.

Edit: Someone re-posted this on Twitter, which I thought was interesting. It's a Q&A with a long-time college football equipment manager, who maintains that errr-buddy fiddles with the game balls to suit their QB's preferences.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/not-for-attribution/longtime-college-football-equipment-manager-everyone-cheats-deflates-184104713.html

Edited by That Aud Smell

You know if 1/3 come from team A and team B 1/3 then why don't they mix the balls together and be like "what now f##kers?!?!?"

So has it been proven that catching less inflated footballs is easier? Wouldn't they be easier for the D to catch them as well?

You want your D inflated, not deflated.

Spygate, Peyton Manning refusing to discuss strategy in the locker room and accusations of shenanigans with the wireless frequencies at Gillette and now this. A bunch of cheating shady ###### in NE.

I totally forgot about the radio thing. Good call.

Matt Coller brought up a really good point: most would probably agree that the deflated balls didn't swing the Colts game...but what if they've been doing it all or most of the year? The Ravens game two weeks ago was close enough it may have mattered.

For all the talk about Manning's arm and physical decline, Brady looked awful early in the year. Inaccurate, little zip on the throws, no deep accuracy to speak of. Then after the Chiefs debacle, it was like someone flipped a switch, and he looked like he did 6 years ago. Did that game cause the Pats to go into desperation mode?

I think I'm starting to understand conspiracy theorists...this is fun!

I guess what is lost in the din of 'they cheated' was Luck got to use those balls as well and from the score and stats, it did not help him.

I would also imagine all the Centers, RBs and WRs had to know the balls were under inflated. People whose profession requires frequent contact with the football had to know they felt different.

Edited by wjag

It is kind of strange that they make the teams provide the balls. They're just asking for trouble. Have them all come from the same source and that essentially guarantees that they are all similar.

From what I read last night, the ref inspects them 2 hours before game time and then locks them in his locker until kickoff. So either the ref was incompetent, in on it, or the Pats deflated them in the sideline.

I guess what is lost in the din of 'they cheated' was Luck got to use those balls as well and from the score and stats, it did not help him.

I would also imagine all the RBs and WRs had to know the balls were under inflated. People whose profession requires frequent contact with the football had to know they felt different.

The teams use their own balls. So Luck was using the ones the Colts provided.

From what I read last night, the ref inspects them 2 hours before game time and then locks them in his locker until kickoff. So either the ref was incompetent, in on it, or the Pats deflated them in the sideline.

And if they did, there is probably a camera angle or camera that caught it.

I would also imagine all the RBs and WRs had to know the balls were under inflated. People whose profession requires frequent contact with the football had to know they felt different.

If I understand correctly, and I may not, each team brings their own balls for use on offense, so Luck would have used the Colts own properly inflated balls?

Stepping off of Ballghazi for a moment--and this may have been addressed but I've been away for a few days--Doug Marrone, offensive line coach. Nice gambit, Doug. You sure showed the world.

Well minced in here. As you would expect.

Stepping off of Ballghazi for a moment--and this may have been addressed but I've been away for a few days--Doug Marrone, offensive line coach. Nice gambit, Doug. You sure showed the world.

You could argue, as GoDD has, that he got over. He's took millions from the Bills to not be their coach and he still has a gig two steps removed from being on top again.

You could also look at it as a failed ploy at a power play. He thought he would swoop into the Jets job have his cake and eat it too. Instead he's back where he was a decade ago, Rep tarnished with a new ceiling created that he'll never surpass. Had he played his cards right, he could have banked another $20 million but instead he's back to position coach money. He's still set for life but he could have done better.

I expect the Patriots to lose just their first rounder and get a hefty fine. I would also expect that the NFL will now regulate game balls and make it so all of the footballs are handled only by the refs until game day.

Seriously... why is this not already the norm? Do NHL teams supply their own hockey pucks, or NBA teams their own basketballs?

It is kind of strange that they make the teams provide the balls. They're just asking for trouble. Have them all come from the same source and that essentially guarantees that they are all similar.

Absolutely. It's so odd to me that it's even an option.

I guess I just don't care about this as much as the rest of the world.

Seriously... why is this not already the norm? Do NHL teams supply their own hockey pucks, or NBA teams their own basketballs?

Absolutely. It's so odd to me that it's even an option.

You're basically telling teams, "go ahead, ###### with these"

You could also look at it as a failed ploy at a power play. He thought he would swoop into the Jets job have his cake and eat it too. Instead he's back where he was a decade ago, Rep tarnished with a new ceiling created that he'll never surpass. Had he played his cards right, he could have banked another $20 million but instead he's back to position coach money. He's still set for life but he could have done better.

I believe he also foregoes the $4M he would have received for the 2016 season from the Bills.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.