Buffalo Bills 2015

Taro T

BREAKING NEWS: NFL coaches make more money than local journalists.

There is no way in the world you're going to convince me when Marrone bounced he thought he'd end up an OL coach. His plan was to collect two head coaching salaries...and he's not. He dun miscalculation.

Actually, Marrone is the highest paid coach for the 2015 season.....up until about November.

He's sitting on 4 BILLS that weren't going to be coughed up until the fall. He's sipping Rum Runners in the Keys the next 8 weekends, fishing for grouper, and worrying about enough sunscreen so that he doesn't have a relapse of cancer from this year that he wanted kept private, but an IT geek F'd it up for him. Oh yeah.....500K less in taxes on that check since he is a FL resident now.

Meanwhile, poor Rex is going to have to purchase a taser so he can jam himself in the ass and fake-smile the 37 times a week Pegula wants to talk to him about how things are coming along.

I only wish I could hit rock bottom like Marrone......

while I think marrone proved himself to be nothing more than average at best---the fact is that the bills have the same group of jokers running the show(exc for terry&kim)..and I dont blame him at all for taking the money and bailing. Whaley should be the non-QB GM. Maybe that's how its being set up. Save face.

BREAKING NEWS: NFL coaches make more money than local journalists.

There is no way in the world you're going to convince me when Marrone bounced he thought he'd end up an OL coach. His plan was to collect two head coaching salaries...and he's not. He dun miscalculation.

This.

Of course, but don't you think he made his decision based on the assumption that he'd get another NFL HC job?

Actually, Marrone is the highest paid coach for the 2015 season.....up until about November.

He's sitting on 4 BILLS that weren't going to be coughed up until the fall. He's sipping Rum Runners in the Keys the next 8 weekends, fishing for grouper, and worrying about enough sunscreen so that he doesn't have a relapse of cancer from this year that he wanted kept private, but an IT geek F'd it up for him. Oh yeah.....500K less in taxes on that check since he is a FL resident now.

Meanwhile, poor Rex is going to have to purchase a taser so he can jam himself in the ass and fake-smile the 37 times a week Pegula wants to talk to him about how things are coming along.

That's your problem right there--you're trying to relate this to normal life. The entire entertainment industry is its own world, and simply cannot be compared relative to what normal people go through. I honestly don't even understand why you're going down this path. Sure, he's financially more successful than (probably) any of us here...but in his world, he completely botched the situation. You also have to consider what this does for his reputation and marketability for future openings--it simply doesn't look good to bail on a team then go all the way from HC to OL coach.

Of course, but don't you think he made his decision based on the assumption that he'd get another NFL HC job?

Why do we assume that he won't eventually get one? Maybe Bradley is on a short leash and Marrone now has the 4 million dollar luxury of biding his time?

People are so quick to judgement. He hasn't been a head coach for all of two weeks.

That's your problem right there--you're trying to relate this to normal life. The entire entertainment industry is its own world, and simply cannot be compared relative to what normal people go through. I honestly don't even understand why you're going down this path. Sure, he's financially more successful than (probably) any of us here...but in his world, he completely botched the situation. You also have to consider what this does for his reputation and marketability for future openings--it simply doesn't look good to bail on a team then go all the way from HC to OL coach.

And it all comes down to what his motivation is. If he is the kind of guy who is in this purely for money, well then congratulations Doug, you got what you wanted. But what if he's the kind of guy who is trying to make a name for himself and trying to establish himself as a successful NFL coach. If that's what he wants to be, he may very well have screwed himself over.

I have no idea which guy he is and I won't take issue with either of the two mindsets I just laid out. All I know, is that if I'm a fan or an owner, I sure as hell don't want that first guy on my coaching staff.

This.

He made his decision based on $4 million in his pocket from an owner who wouldn't commit to him long term.

He also had Polian in his corner, (psssst.....who is on the Jacksonville payroll?), and his BFF O'Brien in Houston with backup gigs for him.

I think Marrone is an average coach. I also think he was stressed out as a head coach and didn't enjoy the structure of having to deal with Whaley and Pegula. He also had a major health scare that might lead someone to not worry about the title on their business card so much as the big picture.

I just get sick of people, especially pipsqueaks making $40k in the 93rd biggest media market in the country, taking pleasure in trying to embarass a guy who made the right decision for himself. The only thing I fault him for is hanging the team out to dry when he probably knew full well he was going to leave. He's an average coach. He also made more money this year so far than all of us on this board combined.....

I just get sick of people, especially pipsqueaks making $40k in the 93rd biggest media market in the country, taking pleasure in trying to embarass a guy who made the right decision for himself. The only thing I fault him for is hanging the team out to dry when he probably knew full well he was going to leave. He's an average coach. He also made more money this year so far than all of us on this board combined.....

I don't know. I can picture Yuri slaving away at his dispensary in Denver.

He made his decision based on $4 million in his pocket from an owner who wouldn't commit to him long term.

He also had Polian in his corner, (psssst.....who is on the Jacksonville payroll?), and his BFF O'Brien in Houston with backup gigs for him.

I think Marrone is an average coach. I also think he was stressed out as a head coach and didn't enjoy the structure of having to deal with Whaley and Pegula. He also had a major health scare that might lead someone to not worry about the title on their business card so much as the big picture.

Was taking a position coach job in Jacksonville what he intended? Seeing as he was interviewing for HC and OC gigs, I think you're painting this as a much rosier outcome for him that it really is.

Imagine the outrage if Pegula had extended a sub .500 coaching staff that was unable to break the playoff drought after the criticism he took for keeping Lindy and Darcy.

Marrone and agent negotiated the clause in his contract, it was a smart move he and was well within his rights to exercise it. I don't fault him for that at all, but he clearly miscalculated the outcome and in the high profile professional sports world you're going to endure some criticism when things don't go as planned. Especially from low paid journalists in a largely irrelevant market.

Was taking a position coach job in Jacksonville what he intended? Seeing as he was interviewing for HC and OC gigs, I think you're painting this as a much rosier outcome for him that it really is.

No....not at all......but he had it as a calculated landing spot.

You War Game.....if I fire a shot....what are the likely outcomes? His worst outcome was to get a year advance on salary, escape a structure he despised, and move to a warm climate in his 50's with 8 figures in his bank account, working with his best friend, or a unit he could coach in his sleep.

Meanwhile, some of us have to wake up at 5am to do a Mama Pecararo radio shoot for $75 next Saturday........

Edited by Ghost of Dwight Drane

I don't normally post in here but I'm pretty sure he pays NY tax on that.

Thank you. Yeah, he was so stressed out and hated being a head coach he interviewed for a few more HC jobs immediately.

No....not at all......but he had it as a calculated landing spot.

You War Game.....if I fire a shot....what are the likely outcomes? His worst outcome was to get a year advance on salary, escape a structure he despised, and move to a warm climate in his 50's with 8 figures in his bank account, working with his best friend, or a unit he could coach in his sleep.

Meanwhile, some of us have to wake up at 5am to do a Mama Pecararo radio shoot for $75 next Saturday........

All this makes sense. The real question is the probability that he assigned to the outcome that he ended up with. We'll never know, but I suspect he thought it was a low-to-very-low probability -- and thus is disappointed with the outcome -- especially since the outcome includes a higher likelihood of a bad next-stage outcome, i.e. "Jacksonville stinks again next year and all of the coaches, including Marrone, get canned and future chances of coaching (especially head coaching) in the NFL again become increasingly remote.

11/12 of the balls that New England used were under inflated according to the league's study. That means every single ball but one (the one was likely the one used for kicking).

That's ridiculous. I do not give a ###### who the teams were or what the final score was. It should be grounds for immediate disqualification. Who knows what the score wouldve been otherwise? Who knows what other games they did this in?

The LEAST should be a suspension of Belichick from the SB (don't care if he knew about it or not, it's his team/staff) and a heavy loss of draft picks (multiple firsts and/or forfeiture of the first couple rounds this year).

11/12 of the balls that New England used were under inflated according to the league's study. That means every single ball but one (the one was likely the one used for kicking).

That's ridiculous. I do not give a ###### who the teams were or what the final score was. It should be grounds for immediate disqualification. Who knows what the score wouldve been otherwise? Who knows what other games they did this in?

The LEAST should be a suspension of Belichick from the SB (don't care if he knew about it or not, it's his team/staff) and a heavy loss of draft picks (multiple firsts and/or forfeiture of the first couple rounds this year).

That's funny Tank. Winning at all costs, you call foul.

Losing at all costs, you're balls deep.

Wow. Do you have a link? I would love the NFL to suspend the cheater in chief.

All this makes sense. The real question is the probability that he assigned to the outcome that he ended up with. We'll never know, but I suspect he thought it was a low-to-very-low probability -- and thus is disappointed with the outcome -- especially since the outcome includes a higher likelihood of a bad next-stage outcome, i.e. "Jacksonville stinks again next year and all of the coaches, including Marrone, get canned and future chances of coaching (especially head coaching) in the NFL again become increasingly remote.

I agree that he probably isn't doing cartwheels.

I just HATE the fact so many people are more worried about hoping someone else fails instead of making themselves better. I'm 10x more concerned that David Lee and a snitch of an OL coach are here in Buffalo than I am with where Doug Marrone eventually retires with 8 figures in his bank account.

That's funny Tank. Winning at all costs, you call foul.

Losing at all costs, you're balls deep.

This post doesn't really deserve a response, but I'll bite. Going outside of the rules in order to gain an unfair illegal advantage in comparable to legally construction a team built to gain a fair advantage in the draft lottery

Dollars to donuts they get a slap on the wrist. I'm positive it meant nothing to the outcome, but that's what makes it so dumb to do, as they have owned the Colts since the Luck/Pagano era started. I want them severely punished for their stupidity more than anything else.

Dollars to donuts they get a slap on the wrist. I'm positive it meant nothing to the outcome, but that's what makes it so dumb to do, as they have owned the Colts since the Luck/Pagano era started. I want them severely punished for their stupidity more than anything else.

The risk would have been kicking field goals and extra points.

11/12 is definitely a show of intent though. One out of 12, forget about it. 11/12 is definitely a smoking gun.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.