Buffalo Bills 2015

Taro T

For your first sentence, that is literally objectively nowhere near as bad as EJ's display of quarterbacking last game. Some garbage time against the Jacksonville Jaguars' prevent defense helped his final stats (not sure by how much, I don't plan on looking them up), but jesus. 

I'm not bashing EJ because it's the thing, or because I like TT. I agree TT hasn't looked good outside of Miami/Indy and a couple garbage times of his own. I'm bashing the worst display of quarterbacking I've ever seen in my life. His big throw to Gragg on the second drive was awful, Gragg had to fall down to catch it, should have been a TD. Then he overthrew the man wide open in the back of the end zone again. That short hop to Woods with no pressure. The guy cannot play QB. Sorry I'm lazy to you for witnessing the worst display of quarterbacking in my life. Yes, it really was that bad.

As opposed to figuratively objectively? B-)

If we drop to 3-5,then I'm checked out for the season...... I'll maybe still watch sometimes but we have to go 2 of 3 in the division in the coming weeks (meaning beating the Jets and new found fins) we know NE will crush us again.

At this point I'm counting Dallas, Philly, Jets x2 and NE as easy losses. So that's 7-9, maybe we squeak to 8-8 but that's tops.

If we drop to 3-5,then I'm checked out for the season...... I'll maybe still watch sometimes but we have to go 2 of 3 in the division in the coming weeks (meaning beating the Jets and new found fins) we know NE will crush us again.

At this point I'm counting Dallas, Philly, Jets x2 and NE as easy losses. So that's 7-9, maybe we squeak to 8-8 but that's tops.

That's why I don't want to get too hopeful.  Tough run of 3 division games that are vitally important.  The Bills haven't fared well in that scenario in quite a long time.

Looking at the remaining games here's the chances I see them winning:

vs Miami Dolphins - 52% The odds would be much higher if not for the monster week the Dolphins had.

at New York Jets on Thursday - 55% I don't think the Jets are nearly as good as their record.

at New England Patriots on Monday - 10% This team is a powerhouse. Will take a perfect performance from the QB.

at Kansas City Chiefs - 58% The opposite of the Jets: much better than their record.

vs Houston Texans - 65% What a badly coached and managed team. Best offensive player out for the season.

@ Philadelphia Eagles - 35% Eagles are starting to slowly get it rolling and should be in stride by this game.

@ Washington - 62% Incompetent owner breeds incompetent team. Cousins is near great when he's on, though. Terrible when off.

vs Dallas Cowboys - 15% One of the league's most talented rosters should be fully healthy by then.

vs New York Jets - 60% We'll see what the teams are playing for during this game, but I'll stick with what I said above.

By that it would be 9-7, but I do believe this team will drop at least one of Dolphins, Jets, Chiefs and Jets. This team is set for 7-9 or 8-8 unless they really turn it on coming out of the bye.

vs Miami Dolphins - 52% The odds would be much higher if not for the monster week the Dolphins had.

at New York Jets on Thursday - 55% I don't think the Jets are nearly as good as their record.

at New England Patriots on Monday - 10% This team is a powerhouse. Will take a perfect performance from the QB.

at Kansas City Chiefs - 58% The opposite of the Jets: much better than their record.

vs Houston Texans - 65% What a badly coached and managed team. Best offensive player out for the season.

@ Philadelphia Eagles - 35% Eagles are starting to slowly get it rolling and should be in stride by this game.

@ Washington - 62% Incompetent owner breeds incompetent team. Cousins is near great when he's on, though. Terrible when off.

vs Dallas Cowboys - 15% One of the league's most talented rosters should be fully healthy by then.

vs New York Jets - 60% We'll see what the teams are playing for during this game, but I'll stick with what I said above.

By that it would be 9-7, but I do believe this team will drop at least one of Dolphins, Jets, Chiefs and Jets. This team is set for 7-9 or 8-8 unless they really turn it on coming out of the bye.

Good analysis.  As in other years, a bad loss is likely going to haunt us (Jags this year).  I honestly think the Jets are better than us, so I give us less of a chance than you do for those two games unfortunately, especially the road game.  We've laid some major turds in the Meadowlands over the years.

Do you remember 10 of 17 for 109 yards for the game, not a quarter or half, the entire game.

I know it's the in thing to bash on EJ, I find that opinion lazy and the easy way out, but how many quarterbacks are going to have a stretch like that and see that QB come back and play the ball he did from the last part of the first half to end of the game? The kid showed something there. Injuries and Doug Marrone hurt Manuel early on. The kid makes some throws that makes me wonder if given some time with some decent coaching if he couldn't be a viable NFL QB. Not saying Tom Brady, but if Ryan Fitzpatrick can still find work there is no reason Manuel can't be a starter in this league.    

You negated your own point.  Do you remember Tyrod running for 24 yards on a critical 3rd and 23 when the game was on the line?  Or his ankle-breaking touchdown run to put the Bills within one score?  How about his clutch 58 yard pass to Hogan after straining his MCL two plays prior play due to a horse collar tackle.  Or his touchdown pass with 5 minutes left to put the Bills up?  Or the fact that he had zero interceptions and zero fumbles (unlike EJ).

Tyrod struggled in the first half (as did the whole Bills offense) but he made clutch plays when it matters.  ..and got the "W."

9-7 was my preseason prediction :D

I guess I don't understand why so many (this is not only directed at you) are so ready to assume that we're going to drop a "should win" game or two but seemingly won't even entertain the idea that we'll win a "should lose" game. Aside from maybe 5 teams, the NFL is a vast wasteland of mediocrity this season--a couple of plays, calls, and a little better or worse than average luck is all it takes to shift outcomes. I mean, every single season tons of teams win games they should lose and lose games they should win. And this season feels more mediocre and random than most.

Edited by TrueBlueGED

Taylor made a couple of big plays with his legs in that game, sure. But that game was won by the defense who kept it close while Taylor and the offense dislodged their heads from their ######.

It was still two 80 yard 4th quarter TD drives anyway you slice it. I want a QB who can make plays and win, especially if nothing else is working. Most fans should see that game as a positive, but I'm sure that next thing QB will never have games like that

For your first sentence, that is literally objectively nowhere near as bad as EJ's display of quarterbacking last game. Some garbage time against the Jacksonville Jaguars' prevent defense helped his final stats (not sure by how much, I don't plan on looking them up), but jesus. 

I'm not bashing EJ because it's the thing, or because I like TT. I agree TT hasn't looked good outside of Miami/Indy and a couple garbage times of his own. I'm bashing the worst display of quarterbacking I've ever seen in my life. His big throw to Gragg on the second drive was awful, Gragg had to fall down to catch it, should have been a TD. Then he overthrew the man wide open in the back of the end zone again. That short hop to Woods with no pressure. The guy cannot play QB. Sorry I'm lazy to you for witnessing the worst display of quarterbacking in my life. Yes, it really was that bad.

The Jags went into their "prevent defense" in the 2nd quarter? No wonder they are 2-5  :blink:

You negated your own point.  Do you remember Tyrod running for 24 yards on a critical 3rd and 23 when the game was on the line?  Or his ankle-breaking touchdown run to put the Bills within one score?  How about his clutch 58 yard pass to Hogan after straining his MCL two plays prior play due to a horse collar tackle.  Or his touchdown pass with 5 minutes left to put the Bills up?  Or the fact that he had zero interceptions and zero fumbles (unlike EJ).

Tyrod struggled in the first half (as did the whole Bills offense) but he made clutch plays when it matters.  ..and got the "W."

If the Bills D held the lead against the Jags would EJ be getting credit for the "W" or would people being saying, "it was just the Jags."

The overall point is that this great divide in talent that some fans, and to an extent WGR, are trying to create just doesn't exist. The only difference in my eyes is that Taylor came from a much better situation in Baltimore than Manuel has had here in Buffalo the previous two seasons which has hampered EJ's development. There is no reason to discard Manuel, Taylor has not proven he is any teams long term solution. It is still very much in doubt who will end up the better NFL QB. They can both end up starters in the league or they can both end up being backups.  

The Jags went into their "prevent defense" in the 2nd quarter? No wonder they are 2-5  :blink:

If the Bills D held the lead against the Jags would EJ be getting credit for the "W" or would people being saying, "it was just the Jags."

The overall point is that this great divide in talent that some fans, and to an extent WGR, are trying to create just doesn't exist. The only difference in my eyes is that Taylor came from a much better situation in Baltimore than Manuel has had here in Buffalo the previous two seasons which has hampered EJ's development. There is no reason to discard Manuel, Taylor has not proven he is any teams long term solution. It is still very much in doubt who will end up the better NFL QB. They can both end up starters in the league or they can both end up being backups.  

This is patently absurd. Taylor has far more talent, even if we just consider his scrambling ability.  Now, you're right htat doesn;t mean he's the long term answer but EJ has all the tools but is NOT progressing.  He misses far too many throws, even in warmups to ever be a full time starter.  Those issues, which has always had, almost never are corrected at the NFL level.

Tyrod is a more accurate passer, and isn't afraid to throw more than 10 yards.  

This is patently absurd. Taylor has far more talent, even if we just consider his scrambling ability.  Now, you're right htat doesn;t mean he's the long term answer but EJ has all the tools but is NOT progressing.  He misses far too many throws, even in warmups to ever be a full time starter.  Those issues, which has always had, almost never are corrected at the NFL level.

Tyrod is a more accurate passer, and isn't afraid to throw more than 10 yards.  

Accuracy is a big difference.  Plus EJ has as many turnovers in 2 games started as Tyrod in 5.  That matters as much as anything.

I'm not arguing any of the last few points. My point is two fold. 1st)There are reasons for optimism, it's not all doom and gloom.

2nd) There are maybe four teams in this league that are considerably better then them. It's a flawed league separated by play at one position.

I largely agree with the bolded -- but the GM you support doesn't seem to get this critical point.

I largely agree with the bolded -- but the GM you support doesn't seem to get this critical point.

I still wonder what else he was supposed to do given what he inherited.  Sure he could have drafted the random QB here or there, but he hasn't had any shot at picking up an elite one over these three years.

The Giants officially sign JPP.  I wonder why the delay...

It must have took him a while to thumb through the contract. 

JPP was out of shape and need to be pointed in the right direction.

His agent gave him a hand with some of the contract language. 

Edited by inkman

The Giants officially sign JPP.  I wonder why the delay...

It must have took him a while to thumb through the contract. 

JPP was out of shape and need to be pointed in the right direction.

His agent gave him a hand with some of the contract language. 

He couldn't quite put his finger on what was wrong with the contract.

Well that's just ridiculous. He brought in Cassel and Taylor, tried to bring in McCown. He knows just like 20 other GMs know, but this isn't like going to Walmart knowing you need toilet paper and then walking out with paper towels.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.