Buffalo Bills 2015

Taro T

Basically it's an efficiency rating that uses context and a league average.

I find it to be a pretty reliable stat. In 2014 the top 16 teams in overall DVOA were 8-8 or better. The bottom 16 had only two teams with winning records. Every playoff team except for the Carolina Panthers (who finished 7-8-1) and Arizona Cardinals was in the top half of overall DVOA last season.

The bottom five teams in DVOA last year were the bottom five teams in the league. Five of the top six teams in DVOA last year were the top five teams in the league.

On a side note, I watched more non-Bills football than usual yesterday.  I rarely watch NFL unless the Bills are playing, and I think I figured out why yesterday:  This league is a total show.  It's a billion dollar industry that cannot get referees to get it right.  There are rules that make no sense.  And it's WAY too easy to get a PI call.

On a side note, I watched more non-Bills football than usual yesterday.  I rarely watch NFL unless the Bills are playing, and I think I figured out why yesterday:  This league is a total ###### show.  It's a billion dollar industry that cannot get referees to get it right.  There are rules that make no sense.  And it's WAY too easy to get a PI call.

It's sort of weird to realize how cruddy the product is to watch, generally speaking. There are moments (that Keenan Allen catch, for example), but, on balance, it's just ... not a good game to watch. 

I never watch baseball. Don't follow it. But I enjoyed watching the World Series much more than I did the SNF game last night. Now, of course, some of that is the atmosphere of the WS, but, just in general, baseball is still what it is, what it was. There's a leisurely pace to it. Down time. It made me remember how pleasant baseball can be to watch.

The modern NFL? Cripes. It really is an unpleasant watching experience. If there weren't so much money involved in betting, fantasy, and gaming, I wonder where the league would be?

Edited by That Aud Smell

in uniform today, but did not practice. rex seemed to indicate he was optimistic about him playing this sunday.

Unless he can actually make a difference, keep sitting him. He's just going to pull something else and sit for 3 more weeks. Having Karlos and Tyrod back should be enough to beat the fins sans Wake

I went home to NY this weekend, the Bills were on the bye so NASCAR was on TV. I didn't miss watching football at all. I'm not even sure I like football as a sport anymore. I like the Bills. They can single handedly make or break my Sunday. But I definitely don't watch football when they aren't on.

I find watching the NFL unbearable without the DVR and the 30-second skip.  With it, though, I still enjoy a good NFL game.  Best case is having 2 NFL games going on the DVR's 2 tuners, flipping back and forth and using the 30-second skip to blow through all the commercials, referee breaks and other crapola.

I find watching the NFL unbearable without the DVR and the 30-second skip.  With it, though, I still enjoy a good NFL game.  Best case is having 2 NFL games going on the DVR's 2 tuners, flipping back and forth and using the 30-second skip to blow through all the commercials, referee breaks and other crapola.

That's how I've been viewing for years, otherwise it's unbearable.  Since I don't do fantasy football and only gamble every once in awhile, really the only reason I still plan of spending some fall Sundays with the NFL is for an excuse to grill and drink some beers with friends and neighbors.  Most of my neighbors aren't Bills fans and this season is holding true to form where I can safely turn on the red zone channel when the DVR has caught up at half time so as to keep everyone happy.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.