Buffalo Bills 2015

Taro T

Watkins should not put down the "little people" of Buffalo. These are the people who pay his salary. He makes a lot of $ and is great at what he does, when healthy, but verbally he doesn't seem too bright. He should keep quiet. Nothing memorable on Twitter is ever positive. The Twitter posts that get highlighted in the news are overwhelmingly negative, which is more sensational and gets more readers. This is a force that helps bring American society down. My opinion: Watkins wants out.

Holy hyperbole batman. Maybe he was just frustrated and said some regrettable stuff. Women twice scorn ain't got nothing on petty buffalo sports fan.

Including the reporter for what he said on 10.15?

I had to read it on the fly. I think it was just regarding the fan little people rant. I'll post it when I find the link.

Sammy Watkins Responds to Injury Critics with Instagram Comment | Bleacher Report (via http://ble.ac/teamstream-) http://teamstre.am/1MtcJWU

Edited by ubkev

In all fairness to Sammy, the people who chirp athletes on social media generally are little people, not to mention borderline sociopaths--I don't think he was talking about the whole fan base, I think it was directed at them, but because of his....um....lack of command....of English, it came off quite poorly.

In all fairness to Sammy, the people who chirp athletes on social media generally are little people, not to mention borderline sociopaths--I don't think he was talking about the whole fan base, I think it was directed at them, but because of his....um....lack of command....of English, it came off quite poorly.

I can get with that.

I think it always comes off poorly, though. Didn't look good when Goodwin did it last year either.

I had to read it on the fly. I think it was just regarding the fan little people rant. I'll post it when I find the link.

Sammy Watkins Responds to Injury Critics with Instagram Comment | Bleacher Report (via http://ble.ac/teamstream-) http://teamstre.am/1MtcJWU

I'll tell ya, I was better with Watkins on the frustrated "little jobs" stuff until I saw that on October 15 he tweeted at Ty Dunne of the BN saying Dunne should "grow up" because Dunne, in his piece about how Sammy wanted the ball more, didn't quote Sammy as praising his teammates as weapons. I.e., Sammy didn't like the implication that he's a me-first guy.

He really comes off as a crybaby, a rube.

Dunne ain't your mouthpiece, Sammy. He's a reporter, who ran what seemed like a fair article on how you were feeling about targets.

I dunno, man.

Edited by That Aud Smell

I'll tell ya, I was better with Watkins on the frustrated "little jobs" stuff until I saw that on October 15 he tweeted at Ty Dunne of the BN saying Dunne should "grow up" because Dunne, in his piece about how Sammy wanted the ball more, didn't quote Sammy as praising his teammates as weapons. I.e., Sammy didn't like the implication that he's a me-first guy.

He really comes off as a crybaby, a rube.

Dunne ain't your mouthpiece, Sammy. He's a reporter, who ran what seemed like a fair article on how you were feeling about targets.

I dunno, man.

I guess no one taught Sammy his cliches

https://twitter.com/billykorhummel/status/659098262628990977/photo/1?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

Don't think he feels enough hate, he wants more fan hate :D

The fact he made such a public (and embarrassing) whiny stink about not getting thrown enough passes,  and then ends up on the DL (again!)  almost immediately when the Bills try to placate him.... that only magnifies the scorn.  

Edited by Jsixspd

I was literally just about to ask exactly this.

I think Sammy is 100% wrong and feels he needs to slap down his critics with his feelings of superiority to everyone who works their "little jobs".

Sounding and acting like Stevie these days.

I don't have a problem with him wanting the ball, and saying so. I don't fault him for being injured.

I do shake my head at the immaturity he's shown in the Instagram rant (but i could give that a pass) and, moreover, the Twitter whining at a reporter who fairly reported his views.

Edited by That Aud Smell

I'll give any athlete a pass after listening to the callers on WGR yesterday.  Undoubtedly, almost all of them mentioned money first.  I just don't understand how in 2015 fans haven't come to grips with the fact that these guys make a lot of money.  Holding it against them is beyond stupid. 

I'll give any athlete a pass after listening to the callers on WGR yesterday.  Undoubtedly, almost all of them mentioned money first.  I just don't understand how in 2015 fans haven't come to grips with the fact that these guys make a lot of money.  Holding it against them is beyond stupid. 

There it is. Good gawd.

That angle -- "well, first off, these guys make, what?! how much?! and they can't ..." -- is an instant conversation, listening, respecting stopper for me. Just get over it, dude.

Same could be said about Sammy, though. He doesn't realize that fans are idiots and responding to them is just as stupid?

Also, it was he that brought up money, "y'all little jobs". Hay Sammy, go #### yo'self. Until you win something, shut yo' damn mouth.

…and I like him.

Same could be said about Sammy, though. He doesn't realize that fans are idiots and responding to them is just as stupid?

Also, it was he that brought up money, "y'all little jobs". Hay Sammy, go #### yo'self. Until you win something, shut yo' damn mouth.

…and I like him.

A few things.

First, he was not really responding to fans. Not actual fans, anyway. He was responding to trolls who were calling him out for being injured. But, yes. Internet rule #1: Don't feed the trolls.

Second, he was wrong to lob that "little jobs" hand grenade. But he was angry. And he was going after internet trolls. He wasn't going after you, or any reasonable person working for a living. It was a mistake, but it doesn't reflect some larger class bias that the guy holds. I mean, c'mon.

Finally, I agree with that last sentiment. Log off, Sammy. Take an indefinite leave of absence from social media. You're terrible at it.

I don't have a problem with him wanting the ball, and saying so. I don't fault him for being injured.

I have a problem with him going public with it.  Poor decorum to criticize the coach's play calls in public, especially for a guy who just came out of his rookie year.

And perhaps the coaching staff is concerned about his injuries and didn't want to feed him the ball as much as Watkins might want because they feared he would end up injured? (and he did).   That seems like a logical concern for the coaches;  even though he played in all the games last season he was banged up most of the year.      

It might be wiser to save him for "down the road" when the team actually has a genuine quarterback on the roster, and has a chance of post-season accomplishments? 

I have a problem with him going public with it.  Poor decorum to criticize the coach's play calls in public, especially for a guy who just came out of his rookie year.

And perhaps the coaching staff is concerned about his injuries and didn't want to feed him the ball as much as Watkins might want because they feared he would end up injured? (and he did).   That seems like a logical concern for the coaches;  even though he played in all the games last season he was banged up most of the year.      

It might be wiser to save him for "down the road" when the team actually has a genuine quarterback on the roster, and has a chance of post-season accomplishments? 

I think that's fair - to fault him for going public with it. I don't have a huge problem with it, is all. Pretty typical WR stuff.

As for the coaching staff not scheming to get him the ball because he's injury prone? I cannot imagine that being the case. That would be lunacy on their part.

And there's no saving Watkins for some later date -- the team made it clear that they expected to contend this season. 

…and I like him.

Yup, one thing you DON'T do in Buffalo is rub $$ in the face of hard working people talking about their "little jobs". Real......dumb.....move

…and I like him.

Most people are stupid, including both the fans and the people.  Twitter is a breeding ground for stupid and the vast majority of what comes from there is going to be exactly that, stupid.  Honestly, at this point to me, an athlete saying something stupid on twitter is the equivalent of the sun rising in the morning.  Sometimes it's fun to look at, but most of the time, meh it's just another day.

As for the coaching staff not scheming to get him the ball because he's injury prone? I cannot imagine that being the case. That would be lunacy on their part.

Really?   When I read Watkins asking for the ball more often, I wondered how that would work out, given being prone to injuries and the beating that receivers take making catches.     Didn't surprise me at all when he ended up sidelined again -  I would have been more surprised frankly had he endured.  The only surprising aspect to me - how quickly he did get injured - I thought it would take 2 or 3 games with him being fed more passes.     

And I'm on the outside, looking in.  How wouldn't the coaching staff have similar concerns as mine?  

Although I can also see the coaches thinking they need to learn if he can hack it in the NFL-  I'm honestly thinking the answer is "no"  until I see him put together a string of 4 or 5 games where he's a contributor.     

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.