Buffalo Bills 2015

Taro T

I think Mario and Kyle need to be traded while we can still get something for them

I'd imagine their respective contracts make them essentially untradeable.

My "thing" with Ryan Tannehill is that he's not the disaster this board and Bills fans want to think he is. He was also more than above average prior to this season, to me. He's set Dolphins records (most consecutive passes without an interception) and NFL records (most consecutive passes without an incompletion). I think Ryan Tannehill is "very good," not "above average."

I think my radar is way off because of how I've evaluated QBs (specifically the Bills) for a while. "Above average" to me doesn't say much, but it seems to say a lot to others.

I think this is precisely why you have such a high opinion of Tannehill. It's not warranted by his play compared to the league, but relative to what the Bills have trotted out most of the last two decades, he is very good.

It's been a while, but it doesn't mean it can't happen. Especially if you're looking at a team like Jacksonville that has a QB and has drafted high for a long time. Eventually they might want to use the pick to acquire a later pick plus some legit veterans to kick start their team.

The most recent I can remember is the Jets moving up for Mark Sanchez. They gave up 17, a second and three NFL players. We could dangle guys like Leodis McKelvin, Jerry Hughes and a few others depending on what we do in free agency.

Hmmm. Interesting.

Assuming they end up in the slot 8 through 4 range, the Jags would be a good target. They have to give Bortles a chance, don't they?

I'd imagine their respective contracts make them essentially untradeable.

I think this is precisely why you have such a high opinion of Tannehill. It's not warranted by his play compared to the league, but relative to what the Bills have trotted out most of the last two decades, he is very good.

I'm not going to rehash the stats again, but I disagree. Tannehill's play absolutely has warranted respect.

If the Bills QB had done the exact same thing as Tannehill I think we'd all be pretty excited. There's definite reason for worry there as far as consistency goes, but he's shown full capability for a guy who hasn't been a QB for very long.

Edited by Hoss

Would this be the same Woods who took the 15 yrd penalty with the selfish crack back block that gave the ball to the Jaguars close to their 20 instead of down within the 5 on the McCoy fumble? Those plays were are hurtful to the Bills cause as any other.

I'd like to see the exact wording of this rule. I know that it was out into the rule book in response to some of Hines Ward's hits but I thought it was blindside hits. That Woods block was not blindside. Pox had to see him coming as they were in direct path of each other. To me that's football. He didn't tsrgetbthe head. He didn't lead with his helmet...,,

I'd like to see the exact wording of this rule. I know that it was out into the rule book in response to some of Hines Ward's hits but I thought it was blindside hits. That Woods block was not blindside. Pox had to see him coming as they were in direct path of each other. To me that's football. He didn't tsrgetbthe head. He didn't lead with his helmet...,,

I like how the tv guys were faulting the Bills for some stupid penalty yet they never actually mentioned what the call was or showed a replay of it.  The only mentioning they made of that block was how good it was.

I like how the tv guys were faulting the Bills for some stupid penalty yet they never actually mentioned what the call was or showed a replay of it.  The only mentioning they made of that block was how good it was.

I don't know many of the specific rules of football, including this one.  I still don't understand why it wasn't a legal block.

I also liked us keeping our streak of illegal block in the back penalties going.  They got a really good shot of Rex watching the replay and incredulously mouthing "where the was the flag?"

I don't know many of the specific rules of football, including this one.  I still don't understand why it wasn't a legal block.

I looked it up during the game.  It didn't apply to the Woods situation in any sense of the word.

The final pass interference penalty was brutal too.  I know every team faces some unjust judgment calls but it just seems like the Bills catch more than their fair share and at the most inopportune times.

I looked it up during the game.  It didn't apply to the Woods situation in any sense of the word.

The final pass interference penalty was brutal too.  I know every team faces some unjust judgment calls but it just seems like the Bills catch more than their fair share and at the most inopportune times.

Every team has the rules applied to them exactly the same and the refs never have an impact of the outcomes of games. Let's say it all together now,...

So, why did they roll EJ LEFT on the 4th down play (and 2 pt conversion)? That looked like a horrible play call to end the game.

Best guess is they thought he could get more time to make a play rolling that way rather than towards Urbik & Kujo. If that's not it, no clue.

So, why did they roll EJ LEFT on the 4th down play (and 2 pt conversion)? That looked like a horrible play call to end the game.

because they expected an nfl qb not to throw a poof pass that was also way late?

Same thing every fall...

petty accurate..but lacking  the evermore  sickening and ironic aspects of this horrible ordeal.

Every team has the rules applied to them exactly the same and the refs never have an impact of the outcomes of games. Let's say it all together now,...

I've given in to the dark side.  The franchise is doomed and the refs will ensure they never have a chance to be any good.  Satisfied? 

because they expected an nfl qb not to throw a poof pass that was also way late?

I don't think EJ is an NFL QB.  He'll be out of the league soon enough cementing the legacy. 

It was terrible along with at least half the calls yesterday.  I don't think Roman is very good and actually seems pretty stupid. 

Same thing every fall...

The "getting hopes up" section has shrunk to almost nothing for me. 

I've given in to the dark side.  The franchise is doomed and the refs will ensure they never have a chance to be any good.  Satisfied? 

I don't think EJ is an NFL QB.  He'll be out of the league soon enough cementing the legacy. 

It was terrible along with at least half the calls yesterday.  I don't think Roman is very good and actually seems pretty stupid. 

The "getting hopes up" section has shrunk to almost nothing for me. 

On a similar note, does anyone actually believe that the NFL would try a Yahoo only broadcast of a game between the Giants and Dallas? Well, at least not the first one ever. There's a reason it was Bill/Jags.

On a similar note, does anyone actually believe that the NFL would try a Yahoo only broadcast of a game between the Giants and Dallas? Well, at least not the first one ever. There's a reason it was Bill/Jags.

Probably mostly because it was a 9:30 am game.

If the league and Yahoo wants to show advertisers they should pay a ton for streaming they're not going to go out of their way to make it two teams nobody outside of the home market watches.

You have that backwards. It was Yahoo that had to prove to the league and the sponsors that their technology was worth spending big dollars on teams that matter.

If the league and Yahoo wants to show advertisers they should pay a ton for streaming they're not going to go out of their way to make it two teams nobody outside of the home market watches.

But when they aren't positive they won't have any 'oopses' they'll work the bugs out w/ 2 irrelevant teams. :angry:

Are we forgetting the Giants and Titans games were his 4th and 5th career starts? I think he's been impressive for essentially a rookie

He looked worse than EJ ever has for most of that Titans game. 

I also liked us keeping our streak of illegal block in the back penalties going.  They got a really good shot of Rex watching the replay and incredulously mouthing "where the ###### was the flag?"

It's the same as the "defenseless receiver" calls. You just can't take free shots on either side of the ball. The league said they were going to emphasis these hits going back to last season. IMO, it was a selfish play by Woods, he was looking for an ESPN highlight hit. It hurt the Bills. The McCoy fumble hurt, the ball inside the 5 instead of the 20 puts the Bills defense in a better spot.  

The question is "Why?" 

Why would the NFL or the officials target the Bills? As mentioned, they are one of the least relevant teams in the league, why expend the effort? Is the league afraid the Bills are going to overtake the Patriots? The league hates the Patriots, wouldn't the "enemies of my enemies are my allies" apply? If you want to believe in conspiracies, wouldn't the logical one be that the NFL would help the other three teams in the division? Is the league out to get Rex Ryan? Why? Does the league want to get Terry Pegula? Why? 

Seriously, for anyone out there who thinks the league is out to get the Bills, please give an answer that isn't easily debunked.  

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.