Buffalo Bills 2015

Taro T

The Jags went into their "prevent defense" in the 2nd quarter? No wonder they are 2-5  :blink:

If the Bills D held the lead against the Jags would EJ be getting credit for the "W" or would people being saying, "it was just the Jags."

The overall point is that this great divide in talent that some fans, and to an extent WGR, are trying to create just doesn't exist. The only difference in my eyes is that Taylor came from a much better situation in Baltimore than Manuel has had here in Buffalo the previous two seasons which has hampered EJ's development. There is no reason to discard Manuel, Taylor has not proven he is any teams long term solution. It is still very much in doubt who will end up the better NFL QB. They can both end up starters in the league or they can both end up being backups.  

By the time the 2nd quarter ended, they were up 27-3, and were not playing the same way as when they started, correct. And yes, that isn't advisable. They're the Jaguars. 

If the Bills D had held the lead, EJ would be getting credit for what he should; playing a miserable half of football and then settling down and taking advantage of the situation, yup, much like I don't give TT much credit for his garbage time stats during the Pats and Giants games. 

I don't think anyone here is creating this divide. I don't think either of them is a starting quarterback in this league, and I hope we go get one of the 3 guys Hoss mentioned. Keep trying until we get it right.I also don't mind if they decide to hang onto one or both of the guys we have, might as well. 

I'm not feeling the Bills at all.  Is it too early to give up on them?  I'm getting that all too familiar feeling (deja vu) and I don't like it.  This team is underachieving yet again.

The Bills have to go 6-3 for the rest of the season just to get back to last year's record, which probably means missing the playoffs. I wouldn't say a word to anyone that gave up on them at this point; I more or less have.

Thanks for the profanity edit. My "ugh" was more directed to the sentiment than the vulgarity.

I was literally just about to ask exactly this.

I think Sammy is 100% wrong and feels he needs to slap down his critics with his feelings of superiority to everyone who works their "little jobs".

I think Sammy is 100% wrong and feels he needs to slap down his critics with his feelings of superiority to everyone who works their "little jobs".

I think he's super disappointed about not being able to play and is overreacting to fans trashing him on the internet.

He sounds more like a desperate kid than a 1%er lording it over the little guy.

100% wrong, eh? Okay.

I think he's super disappointed about not being able to play and is overreacting to fans trashing him on the internet.

He sounds more like a desperate kid than a 1%er lording it over the little guy.

That's about where I am. I don't think Sammy is a particularly ... sophisticated guy, on a lot of levels. He should not have posted what he did -- that was a mistake borne of frustration. And he said some fairly nasty things, in an effort to hurt some people's feelings.

But the people who slag on him (on social media) for him being injured are the ones who should be choking on something shoved down their throats.

100% wrong, eh? Okay.

That's about where I am. I don't think Sammy is a particularly ... sophisticated guy, on a lot of levels. He should not have posted what he did -- that was a mistake borne of frustration. And he said some fairly nasty things, in an effort to hurt some people's feelings.

But the people who slag on him (on social media) for him being injured are the ones who should be choking on something shoved down their throats.

I don't know if I'm ever going to fault someone for that kind of reaction.  The world is full of idiots and that includes both the people throwing random insults his way and also Sammy himself.  "Person says something stupid".... STOP THE PRESSES!

Even when things are going well anyone with celebrity has to have some very thick skin to be engaged on social media. It's probably not wise for any athlete to be very active on there, especially during the season.  I understand Watkins getting pissed, but man that's exactly what those trolls were looking for out of him.

Even when things are going well anyone with celebrity has to have some very thick skin to be engaged on social media. It's probably not wise for any athlete to be very active on there, especially during the season.  I understand Watkins getting pissed, but man that's exactly what those trolls were looking for out of him.

Pretty much. Man, if I were an athlete, there's no way I'd be on social media. Just not worth it.

Great point(s).

Watkins should not put down the "little people" of Buffalo. These are the people who pay his salary. He makes a lot of $ and is great at what he does, when healthy, but verbally he doesn't seem too bright. He should keep quiet. Nothing memorable on Twitter is ever positive. The Twitter posts that get highlighted in the news are overwhelmingly negative, which is more sensational and gets more readers. This is a force that helps bring American society down. My opinion: Watkins wants out.

Edited by Marvelo

I now see that SW took a Twitter run at Ty Dunne of the BN for failing to get *everything* he said in the Oct 15 "gimme the ball" interview.

Sammy. Please shut your mouth, quiet your keystrokes.

He has since released an apology to the fans regarding his frustrated comments.

Oh and on this date in 1959 Ralph was granted an AFL franchise and the Buffalo Bills were born.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.