Buffalo Bills 2015

Taro T

So, Kaep is benched for Blaine Gabbert. Looks like some posters here were right about him

His downfall seems strongly connected to half their talent walking or retiring last offseason. He wasn't great last year either. Have to think a team will give him a shot next year. He needs protection.

Multiple reports out right now that the Cleveland Browns are shopping left tackle Joe Thomas... Thomas is probably the best offensive lineman in the entire NFL right now.

He's under contract for three more years with cap hits of $9.5M, $10M and $10M. He's currently 30 so you wonder at what point his body might slow down, but he's a GREAT talent. Cordy Glenn is a solid left tackle which I would be content with going forward, but he's also likely to command around $10M on the open market this offseason (or via franchise tag from the Bills). I wonder what the asking price for Thomas would be. I would be willing to include Glenn, a 3rd this year and a future 2nd.

(Just to be clear: I don't think Glenn is worth nearly the $9-10M price tag. I believe there's at least one GM out there dumb enough to make it happen)

Well, Ian Rapoport just reported the Browns want a 1st-plus for Thomas. Don't blame them, but it's not a price I'm willing to pay.

In honor of Mike Mularkey returning as a head coach, I give you the only TBD post that I ever was proud of:

http://forums.twobillsdrive.com/topic/36607-mike-mularkey-general-knowledge-test/

Good stuff.  When I was at the Bills-Titans game last month I remember commenting to my friend about Meathead being on their staff while perusing the game day literature.  Titans tanking?

Titans tanking?

I don't think so. I think this was an actual case of a coach underperforming.

BUT, I do think the 49ers and Browns are big time... Which shows you it's going to be tough as hell to land a QB in this draft. Bills will either have to stumble the rest of the year or hope that Tyrod is truly the future (which I and others still have plenty of reason to doubt). Teams have recognized the talent at the QB position in this draft and are now going to race to it.

Good stuff.  When I was at the Bills-Titans game last month I remember commenting to my friend about Meathead being on their staff while perusing the game day literature.  Titans tanking?

Titans can say hello to their new Coach of 2016....Mr Chip Kelly!

Edited by CallawaySabres

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.