Around the NHL - 2013-2014

LGR4GM

Got mixed feelings about the decision to cancel it. Maybe the condition of Peverly is worse than we think.

No. There's NO way you can expect Dallas to get right back out there after that. One of their teammates nearly died. Give me a break.

MacKinnon with a goal tonight to make it 23-29-52 as a rookie so far. On pace for 29-37-66 if he doesn't get anything more tonight.

Colorado might be turning into Chicago with all of their young elite talent. MacKinnon, Duchene, Landeskog, O'Reilly, Stastny and a few young and talented dmen. Obviously a chance they lose one or both of O'Reilly/Stastny.

Another team that "tanked" at the right time. They just had way more NHL-ready talent in place when they got the first pick. We have a lot of talent coming, though.

Edited by Tankalicious

Beyond crazy. I watched it all the way til the intermission then i turned it off when it was 3-0 Canucks. Turned it back on when i heard via twitter that it was 3-3.

Whats even crazier is, after Tanev scored to tie it at 4-4, Isles scored just 10 seconds after.

7 goal period. Not sure if i ever seen that before?

The junk grab, shrader? The junk grab, shrader? The junk grab, shrader?

Crappy wifi connection + posting on iPhone = triple post apparently. Anyway, I would love to hear the conversation between the grab and the sucker punch. You know something colorful was being said right there.

And as for Peverly, thank god it happened here and not in Russia. All I could think when I saw that story this morning was Alexi Cherepanov. All the money in the world could never convince me to jump ship to that league after he died.

I have seen internal Defibs put into patients with similar conditions. Much like a pacemaker, the "stimulator" shocks the heart when it detects an abnormal heart beat, back into a normal heartbeat. I understand the problem can become exacerbated when exercise, but it probably depends on the patient.

All that being said, glad Peverly is stabilized and hope he is well.

I have seen internal Defibs put into patients with similar conditions. Much like a pacemaker, the "stimulator" shocks the heart when it detects an abnormal heart beat, back into a normal heartbeat. I understand the problem can become exacerbated when exercise, but it probably depends on the patient.

All that being said, glad Peverly is stabilized and hope he is well.

Didn't Dick Chaney have one of these installed a few years back?

Didn't Dick Chaney have one of these installed a few years back?

My dad has had one for a while. It's actually been so long that they now make better and smaller ones. Instead of just changing the battery this Spring, they are going to swap the whole thing out.

Crazy game between NYI and Van right now. NYI has 6 goals in the 3rd...

Time after time, Tortorella has been given teams that coaches dream of having, and time after time, he screws it all up. It's a miracle that he won in Tampa.

Yea.. caught up on the Peverly situation this morning. Wow. You can see him just collapse going off the ice.

They had said they defib'ed him to get his rhythm back in order and not that his heart had stopped unlike what happened to Jiri Fisher in Detroit.

No way you continue playing that game.. absolutely the right call even if Peverly was known to be stabilized.

We'll see if he continues to play. I wouldn't. Not enough money in the world to deal with that, assuming the playing makes him more prone.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.