Around the NHL - 2013-2014

LGR4GM

Glad to see Peverly is ok. I could not imagine continuing to play after seeing my teammate collapse. Glad they postponed. Like someone else said, I couldn't believe they continued playing after the two skate-to-neck incidents in Buffalo! that's gotta be tough

I questioned that too. I was at that game.

Why does the league stop this one but not that one? Because it's not an on-ice incident like a skate blade? They've continued others when guys pass out (goalie comes to mind, can't remember name).

Why does the league stop this one but not that one? Because it's not an on-ice incident like a skate blade? They've continued others when guys pass out (goalie comes to mind, can't remember name).

It made little sense to me for them to postpone the game. I'm certainly glad that Peverley is all right though.

Edited by Eleven

So do they just re-start from where the game left off or do they throw away that 1-0 score and start over? It'll be next to impossible to have the same roster for both teams if they do want to continue the game.

I think the last time this happened they just started the game over.

Do you know when that was? I'm not aware of any stories of games being stopped like this. Was it a 0-0 score when stopped? This one was 1-0, which might change things.

11, do you want to cold answer for why this one was stopped and the Zednik game wasn't? The injured player played for the home team. The Malarchuk incident was in a different era so that may have changed the way they reacted back then.

Do you know when that was? I'm not aware of any stories of games being stopped like this. Was it a 0-0 score when stopped? This one was 1-0, which might change things.

11, do you want to cold answer for why this one was stopped and the Zednik game wasn't? The injured player played for the home team. The Malarchuk incident was in a different era so that may have changed the way they reacted back then.

I really don't remember, sorry.

that's a decent theory. Cold, as you said, but not illogical.

Could very well be.

These days anything significant like that will probably cause a game to be rescheduled. It's just the times and how things have changed. I don't disagree with it at all; at the very least it gives one team more of an advantage if it's not their player.

I really don't remember, sorry.

Kid from Detroit. Jiri Hudler I believe. When he collapsed they stopped the game, postponed it. But I am really darned certain that the game was continued roughly where it left off, beginning of 2nd period rings a bell.

Edited by weave

Kid from Detroit. Jiri Hudler I believe. When he collapsed they stopped the game, postponed it. But I am really darned certain that the game was continued roughly where it left off, beginning of 2nd period rings a bell.

Close... Jiri Fischer

http://espn.go.com/nhl/story/_/id/10589653/nhl-rich-peverley-incident-brings-back-harsh-memories-detroit-red-wings-jiri-fischer

Pavelec collapsed when the team was in Atlanta. I remember seeing that.

That's a big vote of confidence right there: http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=446007

CANUCKS GM GILLIS NONCOMMITTAL ON FUTURE OF TORTORELLA

...Gillis wouldn't comment on "rumour and speculation" when asked if Tortorella would remain the coach through the end of the season. In doing that, the general manager did little to quiet the rumblings.

That's a big vote of confidence right there: http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=446007

Heh, user comments:

Worst decision Gillis ever made was back 2011 when he was trying to change this team away from skilled play, to grind and muck. Started with the Kassian deal, and then letting a puck possession system-first coach go, in favour of a raving lunatic with no real strategy other than to motivate guys.

A few years back, the Maple Leafs had a game where they were celebrating their origins and were wearing Toronto St. Pat's uniforms. (I was watching on HNIC) They brought in as many former players as they could, as well as a gentleman who was related to one of the former players who had passed away some years before. They were introducing these alumni players one-by one. When they introduced the aforementioned gentleman (whose name I don't recall, sorry) he keeled over in the bench. The introductions continued while they tended to the man on the bench (well, he was on the floor of the bench). They performed CPR and defib'd him while the pre-game ceremonies continued. Later in the game, they announced that the gentleman had passed away. If any game should have been stopped (or at least the pre-game ceremony cut short), it should have been this one.

A few years back, the Maple Leafs had a game where they were celebrating their origins and were wearing Toronto St. Pat's uniforms. (I was watching on HNIC) They brought in as many former players as they could, as well as a gentleman who was related to one of the former players who had passed away some years before. They were introducing these alumni players one-by one. When they introduced the aforementioned gentleman (whose name I don't recall, sorry) he keeled over in the bench. The introductions continued while they tended to the man on the bench (well, he was on the floor of the bench). They performed CPR and defib'd him while the pre-game ceremonies continued. Later in the game, they announced that the gentleman had passed away. If any game should have been stopped (or at least the pre-game ceremony cut short), it should have been this one.

Yes...I remember that....crazy stuff.

The show must go on......

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.