Around the NHL - 2013-2014

LGR4GM

The Sabres should appeal to the league to lessen or eliminate Ehrhoff's early retirement recapture penalty.

Once we trade him of course. Then the situation will have changed.

WRT to Kovy and the Devils, it doesn't make any sense to me at all as the intent to circumvent the cap was still there. Do incarcerated criminals get freed if the victim's family moves to Europe? :unsure:

The Crapitals signed Evgeny Kuznetsov, who will likely make his NHL debut on Monday. Finally get to see how that lazy Russian plays.

Capitals sign top prospect Kuznetsov

Evgeny Kuznetsov is finally going to play for the Washington Capitals.

One of the top prospects in the world for the past few years, Kuznetsov agreed to an entry-level contract Saturday with the Capitals. General manager George McPhee said the plan is to put him in the lineup Monday night against the Pittsburgh Penguins.

So I'm watching Dallas and Minnesota, since that's the fare that NHLN has offered to me, and the game looks very green.

Which made me think, I can only think of four teams in the "major" sports where the primary color is green: Dallas and the WIld in the NHL, the Boston Celtics, and the NJ Jets. Wait--five, the Oakland As, some years.

I may be missing one or two, but why so few? It's a perfectly nice color.

So I'm watching Dallas and Minnesota, since that's the fare that NHLN has offered to me, and the game looks very green.

Which made me think, I can only think of four teams in the "major" sports where the primary color is green: Dallas and the WIld in the NHL, the Boston Celtics, and the NJ Jets. Wait--five, the Oakland As, some years.

In the NHL, used to be the Whalers. Eagles in the NFL.

In the NHL, used to be the Whalers. Eagles in the NFL.

I remembered the Whalers (no longer extant, and the successor wears black and red), but forgot about the Eagles--how the hell did I forget them? Still, seems like a small proportion.

Edited by Eleven

Packers and Celts too.....funny how the brain shuts these things off. And JP Losman's Green Wave.

I had the Celts--read up--but thanks for reminding about the Pack. And I'm not considering college teams.

So now we're up to 7 out of about 120.

Wait--do the Mavericks wear green? I really don't know. I'll look it up.

EDIT: No. So 7 out of 120, I think.

Edited by Eleven

Eagles, Packers, Wild, Stars, Celtics, Milwaukee Bucks, Jazz, Jets, Athletics all have it as a primary color.

Seahawks, Canucks, Marlins, Sharks, Jags, Dolphins, Mariners all have some type of green as a secondary.

Damn my drunk brain has too good of a memory.

Edited by Tankalicious

Eagles, Packers, Wild, Stars, Celtics, Milwaukee Bucks, Jazz, Jets, Athletics all have it as a primary color.

Seahawks, Canucks, Marlins, Sharks, Jags, Dolphins, Mariners all have some type of green as a secondary.

Damn my drunk brain has too good of a memory.

That sound you hear is the flushing of 3,116 credible posts down the drain.

Miami Marlins:

Colors

Black, Red-Orange, Silver, Blue, Yellow, White

Their blue just kinda looks teal after years of actually being teal.

:angel:

The new Stars' kelly green ("Victory Green" if you believe their program) really is spectacular in person. The current Wild set with hunter green is pretty great too.

NHL uniforms seem to be improving fairly steadily over the years. Contrast that with the NFL, where one team each season is adopting clown uniforms now (Jaguars last year, the Buccaneers this year).

How did the NHL become so lopsided? The Western Conference is loaded. Other than a possible Pittsburgh vs Boston match-up I can't think of any possible series in the East I am would look forward to.

Interesting that if the playoffs started today each conference would have 1 team under .500. And while every team in the West will have a positive goal differential, 3 teams in the East are negative and 1, Montreal, is even.

That sound you hear is the flushing of 3,116 credible posts down the drain.

Miami Marlins:

Colors

Black, Red-Orange, Silver, Blue, Yellow, White

Their blue just kinda looks teal after years of actually being teal.

:angel:

Yea I counted them as teal. Any official list of colors for the marlins is a complete lie because they use every shade of every bright color this side of the sun on their uniforms/stadium.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.