Complaint Thursdays

LabattBlue

Started vacation this morning.  Headed to Chautauqua Lake in a few minutes.  Shouldn't be a complaint, but work isn't letting go.  Looks like I am bringing my laptop to the lake.......... :angry:

I'm doing that for my trip in August to the 'dacks. Hopefully in future years I won't have to, but I'm now the "Lead" at my position, and its going to be me, who started 5 weeks ago, and a woman who started after me as the whole department. Our senior guy is leaving next week.  We're going to need another body just to keep the queues down, especially because we're both new.

I'm planning on putting in maybe an hour a day just to keep track of that world and take some quick tasks off her desk, unless there's an emergency. Then I'm out.

Company cell as a mobile wifi is standard....

Sometimes can't get cell data either. You know how lakes are.

People who back into slanted parking spots.  These things are designed for one-way traffic and the be pulled into headfirst.  In order to back in and then pull out of that spot, you have to either make a big turn over 90 degrees or you need to drive the wrong way.  There is no natural way to do it.  We have a guy at our garage here at work who take it to a whole new level.  He just ignores the lines completely and just backs into the spot at a 90 degree angle.  So this d-bag is taking up two spots every day.  He's an employee too, so I wish they'd rescind his parking pass.

It's always amazing how when you do encounter one car parked over the line in any parking lot, every single car after follows suit and parks over the next line.  I can't do it.  You just know that the first car is going to leave and then you'll look like the moron who doesn't know how to park.  Either that or eventually someone manages to get things back in order by squeezing in between the lines, super close to your car.  That of course lead to them beating the crap out of your door as they open theirs.

People who back into slanted parking spots.  These things are designed for one-way traffic and the be pulled into headfirst.  In order to back in and then pull out of that spot, you have to either make a big turn over 90 degrees or you need to drive the wrong way.  

Huh, well today I learned

Huh, well today I learned

Those damn slanted parking lots are everywhere around here.  I don't know if it actually saves space or not, but it just winds up leading to a huge cluster F where people are doing stupid stuff and you constantly have to be worried about some fool hitting you head on because they're driving the wrong way.  Also, when you have to back out of those spots, you can be can't see clearly past the car next to you and you're also at risk if someone comes flying through.

Edited by shrader

People who back into slanted parking spots.  These things are designed for one-way traffic and the be pulled into headfirst.  In order to back in and then pull out of that spot, you have to either make a big turn over 90 degrees or you need to drive the wrong way.  There is no natural way to do it.  We have a guy at our garage here at work who take it to a whole new level.  He just ignores the lines completely and just backs into the spot at a 90 degree angle.  So this d-bag is taking up two spots every day.  He's an employee too, so I wish they'd rescind his parking pass.

Except in Fort Worth.  There is slanted on-street parking along a one-way street at City Hall that's designed to back into the spots.  Takes a bit longer to park but really easy to pull out when you leave.

Except in Fort Worth.  There is slanted on-street parking along a one-way street at City Hall that's designed to back into the spots.  Takes a bit longer to park but really easy to pull out when you leave.

Interesting, I've never seen it setup that way.  I bet people still find a way to screw it up.  Stupidity always wins out in the end.

It def raised a few eyebrows.  Weird thing is that it's a one way street with parking on both sides, and it used to be one way in the other direction with slanted head in parking.

3 hour swim meets outdoors in the rain.  For 8 year olds.

I hope they don't get wet....

Those damn slanted parking lots are everywhere around here.  I don't know if it actually saves space or not, but it just winds up leading to a huge cluster F where people are doing stupid stuff and you constantly have to be worried about some fool hitting you head on because they're driving the wrong way.  Also, when you have to back out of those spots, you can be can't see clearly past the car next to you and you're also at risk if someone comes flying through.

The grocery store near me has slanted spots but allows two-way traffic up and down each lane.  It's beyond stupid.

Related complaint:  people who use their turn signals when going around the corner in a parking garage (and on every floor all the way up).  I think I can safely assume you weren't going to turn left and drive into the elevator / stairwell, idiot!

Get out there about a mile from the Bell Tower, on a line with the south end of Dewittville Bay. That's the deepest part in the lake and a good place to have that sucker slip out of your hand and go overboard.

I can see that spot from where I am sitting right now. Ooops.

*glug glug glug*

Been trying to fix the things that are wrong with my stupid car. Successfully replaced the seals for the leaky taillights last week and am pretty happy about that.

But I can't seem to solve the infotainment system. I've been pouring over Chilton's wiring diagrams and info about CAN bus systems because I feel like if I'm ever going to solve this I need to understand my car's nervous system. Tried a fix today that didn't work so now it's back to the books and the car hacking community.

Modern cars are great until they're not.

Been trying to fix the things that are wrong with my stupid car. Successfully replaced the seals for the leaky taillights last week and am pretty happy about that.

But I can't seem to solve the infotainment system. I've been pouring over Chilton's wiring diagrams and info about CAN bus systems because I feel like if I'm ever going to solve this I need to understand my car's nervous system. Tried a fix today that didn't work so now it's back to the books and the car hacking community.

Modern cars are great until they're not.

Personally, I think it's because you keep using the term "infotainment system" I cringe every time I read it. :p

Personally, I think it's because you keep using the term "infotainment system" I cringe every time I read it. :P

:lol:

My wife is back to turning the temperature down on the AC, thinking that it will cool the room down faster. Thought I had her trained.

The grocery store near me has slanted spots but allows two-way traffic up and down each lane. It's beyond stupid.

Related complaint: people who use their turn signals when going around the corner in a parking garage (and on every floor all the way up). I think I can safely assume you weren't going to turn left and drive into the elevator / stairwell, idiot!

I would gladly take excessive turn signal use if it got rid of the people who never use them.

• Thanks (+1) 1

I would gladly take excessive turn signal use if it got rid of the people who never use them.

This I can agree with.

New complaint: I really miss central air conditioning. I fully intended to have it installed by now at my house, but the estimates were higher than I expected and it's a lower priority given it's really only necessary for about 3 months of the year. The main level is 84 degrees and upstairs it's 86, and I'm in the kitchen baking cookies for my friend's birthday because I love her dearly, but it's pretty miserable.

Edited by biodork

Just spent 2 hours doing my department's payroll. Man, that sucks! Nothing I hate more than sitting in an office. It sure would be nice if the actual payroll department could do it...but noooo. Now I have ink on my hands and I'm pretty sure I've gone stir crazy.

Just now, nfreeman said:

It wasn't that big of a deal, and it was a couple of days ago, but the "prep work" required for a (routine) colonoscopy is not the most fun I've ever had.

They just lowered the recommended age for scopes to 45 (from 50).  I'll be waiting until 50.  Maybe longer.