Complaint Thursdays

LabattBlue

:cry: Sorry to hear of your wife's increased health troubles, NS... prayers sent your way.

My complaint: one of my bf's cats will probably need to be put down within the next few days.  He's always had some issues on and off over the years, but recently had started losing a lot of weight, and after attempts with antibiotics, steroids, and a change in food failed to help, it looks like he's got some kind of GI tumor.  Now comes the awful waiting period where you're forced to try and decide when it's "time" if they no longer have quality of life.  Sucks.

A couple weeks ago I noticed there was water leaking into the trunk of my 2014 automobile. Another problem. Investigation over the weekend revealed that the water is leaking in around both taillights and that this was a non-safety recall that expired in 2016 for my car. Either it never got done or they did it and messed up.

Ordered new seals and will be fixing this myself.

Feeling my oats, I decided to figure out what I was up against in replacing my broken infotainment center myself. Extricating the old one is going to be a huge pain but if I can get it out I'm swapping in a used unit I ordered for $81 from Wilbert's in Webster. The radio will be locked out so then I have to take it to the dealer and pay them $125 to program it for my car's VIN.

Better than paying them $1100 to do it...

Wait.... how does a recall expire? Is that what it says on the CPSC website?

It's a non-safety recall. So it needed to be done by the original owner. Because the seals could fail on their own at this point. Can't just give those seals away for free forever :rolleyes:

It's $25 in parts and it'll take me 2 hours to do it. Not a big deal, just dumb.

It's a non-safety recall. So it needed to be done by the original owner. Because the seals could fail on their own at this point. Can't just give those seals away for free forever :rolleyes:

It's $25 in parts and it'll take me 2 hours to do it. Not a big deal, just dumb.

Curious:  What kind of car?

That's why I try not to buy "technology" (new stuff) and would rather buy "commodities" (established stuff).

I kind of assumed that this tech was sorted out. Apparently it's not. There are also no aftermarket solutions for it because of the idiotic way it's designed.

Next car I buy is going to have less tech, or is going to be a model that is more established and has aftermarket solutions. 

The options are getting limited though. They just passed a law that all new cars in the US have to have backup cameras now. So everyone is going to get some kind of screen no matter what they buy. Pretty soon you wont be able to buy a car that doesn't come with all these nonsense nannies like automatic braking and lane keep assist and whatever. Owning a car is going to become a waste of money because it'll cost so much more to maintain and repair all the tech once it starts creeping past 10 years old. 

My cat Hobey pissed on my loveseat this morning right in front of me! I was friggin livid. I immediately launched an ass-seeking missile(my foot) and barely missed. That rat bastard is lucky I didn’t have time to hunt him down. I was late getting out the door after cleaning his mess.

My cat Hobey pissed on my loveseat this morning right in front of me! I was friggin livid. I immediately launched an ass-seeking missile(my foot) and barely missed. That rat bastard is lucky I didn’t have time to hunt him down. I was late getting out the door after cleaning his mess.

I know, a week old, but maybe Hobey has a UTI?

I know, a week old, but maybe Hobey has a UTI?

He’s been tested for every medical reason imaginable. I’ve been trying to convince Mrs. iT that he needs to be on Prozac but she thinks he will just stop doing it. Only happens on two pieces of furniture that are old anyway. I have her coming around to the idea of meds with the warning that when I replace the furniture it will need to be covered with grandma’s plastic covers. She REALLY hates that idea.

I know. Get rid of the cat. I would be right out the door with him if I tried it. You make sacrifices when you’re married, eh?

He’s getting old so there’s only a few more years of this nonsense anyway.