Complaint Thursdays

LabattBlue

I'm way too old to be pulling all-nighters.

Also, howinthehell am I just now noticing this is the Compliant Thursdays thread?? Is someone messing with us, or has this literally gone unnoticed by everyone the whole time?

LOL I changed it a month ago. Nice spot Bio. You will NOT be assimilated.

I'm way too old to be pulling all-nighters.

Also, howinthehell am I just now noticing this is the Compliant Thursdays thread??  Is someone messing with us, or has this literally gone unnoticed by everyone the whole time?

I hear you on the all nighters. I went from too little to too much. It's a good problem to be had overall. Thing is, the people who aren't in creative at my new job have no idea how long it takes to do our tasks. 2 hours to download and rename 8 images- to which the links are provided. Took me 4.5 minutes. But we're scheduled 6-8 hours of tasks a day... so I usually have all my work done by 9 am and then have 7 hours to sit there and think about all the freelance that's piling up/that i have no time to do. I've tried to address the issue but no dice.  

I like being busy... and I'm worried this is just a sign that they really don't need me- or at least could put me down to part time (which I'd honestly be fine with). The other creatives are working stressful nightmare 10 hour days on websites.... I've been teaching myself coding, but I need to actually apply it to really feel like I've got it down.  

Yeah- was supposed to be a 2 week trial, if it works out, bam, salary full time. Month plus now, everyone is so busy that I think they forgot about me... haha 

Still better than being poor, still better than my last job- I said "I'd sit and watch paint dry for 8 hours if it meant they'd pay me" and I got my wish. The work itself isn't horrible, it's very corporate and mostly copy pasting stock photos, it's just that I need more of it. I'm more worried that this is a sign this won't last... and then I'll be back to no income and unable to get a damn graphic design job because Buffalo. I keep getting this nagging feeling that my abilities and creativity are a Cadillac parked in a garage that only needs Honda Civics... and the people that would happily drive it and enjoy it only buy cars from their friends. 

I have a lot I can learn with the free time, I'm using it the best I can. Just feel a little useless. 

LOL I changed it a month ago. Nice spot Bio. You will NOT be assimilated.

How you doing and all that jazz ...

Now change it back, see, we don't like change around here.

:P

"Only" took me a month!  I'm slipping.   :doh:

:flirt:

:flirt:  to you too.

My wife and I are at the limits of our capacity to care for our daughter, and the district said that they are meeting her needs and she doesn't need to be put in a home.

We shouldn't have to fight this hard to do something we don't want to do.

But even worse, and maybe something that impacts my life more; Ford SYNC. The way my phone interfaces with my truck is maddening and trying to update the firmware of the truck is even more infuriating. If I hear the first two measures of whatever 9 Inch Nails song itis that plays between every other song before I hit pause and then restart it I'm going to drive into a bridge abutment.

Radiohead’s Subterranean Homesick Alien streams through my waterproof earbuds. I realize how important it is that I assimilate. I’ve actually been promised a prominent position in the post primate population.

The spinal fusion has limited my range of movement in the pelvis region. There’s a certain on knee spread eagle position I can’t maintain for more than seconds. Monday night I was wrestling the foot peg bracket to access the oil filter. The banned position was necessary and my overly frustrated state of mind made me do it.

I pulled a hip muscle. Badly. I’ve been in total agony since. My only relief is getting high in the tub and communing with the blood thirsty spiders. The very tiny ones.

Edited by Ogre

My neighbor has started leaving the light at the back of his house on 24/7. It's gonna be great enjoying a nice evening looking at the stars with a 100W equivalent bulb shining into my yard. The houses are close enough to be really annoying.

Bump ...

I really don't like to complain much, but today I have something to vent to you all about.

In the past I have mentioned from time to time that my wife has chronic health issues that are quite severe.  Her life is very difficult in fact, but her health issues just make life very hard most of the time, but not imminently life threatening until now.

She has not been feeling right for some time and it is something different than all the chronic stuff.

So, she has been for a number of tests and blood work.  The results are not good, but no diagnosis yet.

The blood work shows that tumours are likely present in her thyroid area.  Most often these are not cancerous, but still can be very problematic.

A chest X-RAY shows CPOD, which seems to be pretty advanced.  Not sure where that came from (non-smoker and she never worked in a coal mine, or someplace like that), but we have a pretty good idea.  I won't go into that now.

This latest development has my wife really feeling terrible (hard to breath ...) on top of all the other health problems.  We are really focusing on the important things now and trust in Allah.

We are looking forward to Ramadan, as always, which starts in just a few days ... first fasting day will either be May 16, or 17.  We always approach Ramadan as it will be our last and really focus on it and every aspect of it.  God only knows, but this Ramadan may actually be my wife's last.

I humbly ask that, if you are so inclined, please keep a guy and, especially, his wife, from NS in your thoughts and prayers.  Thanks.

Bump ...

I really don't like to complain much, but today I have something to vent to you all about.

In the past I have mentioned from time to time that my wife has chronic health issues that are quite severe.  Her life is very difficult in fact, but her health issues just make life very hard most of the time, but not imminently life threatening until now.

She has not been feeling right for some time and it is something different than all the chronic stuff.

So, she has been for a number of tests and blood work.  The results are not good, but no diagnosis yet.

The blood work shows that tumours are likely present in her thyroid area.  Most often these are not cancerous, but still can be very problematic.

A chest X-RAY shows CPOD, which seems to be pretty advanced.  Not sure where that came from (non-smoker and she never worked in a coal mine, or someplace like that), but we have a pretty good idea.  I won't go into that now.

This latest development has my wife really feeling terrible (hard to breath ...) on top of all the other health problems.  We are really focusing on the important things now and trust in Allah.

We are looking forward to Ramadan, as always, which starts in just a few days ... first fasting day will either be May 16, or 17.  We always approach Ramadan as it will be our last and really focus on it and every aspect of it.  God only knows, but this Ramadan may actually be my wife's last.

I humbly ask that, if you are so inclined, please keep a guy and, especially, his wife, from NS in your thoughts and prayers.  Thanks.

You'll have them. Sorry to read that she is having these issues.

Thanks guys.

I appreciate all the kind words.

And, nfreeman, I agree that she is awesome.  And very patient ... she has put up with me and all my nonsense for 30+ years ... we'll be married for 30 years this coming October.

WildCard,

I / we will enjoy our break, but I am not official signing off yet.  So, you will have to put up with me for a few more days ... then you will all have a break for a month.