Complaint Thursdays

LabattBlue

Spent the morning on the phone with customer service, and then one of the tech guys that service one of our systems that we lease from them. This guy is all "ok, what you're gonna want to do is crawl on in there and...." Let me stop you right there. I ain't crawling anywhere! That just ain't gonna happen. Get here and you crawl. I don't even know what in the heck you are telling my to do, so no, I won't and yes, you can!

This guy above me, who gets paid wayyy more, takes 4 freaking 'doctor appointments' every week. On top of that, he 'works from home' at least twice a week because contractors are at his house. They've been there for a year

How in the does nobody say anything to this guy? It's blowing my mind 

Spent the morning on the phone with customer service, and then one of the tech guys that service one of our systems that we lease from them. This guy is all "ok, what you're gonna want to do is crawl on in there and...." Let me stop you right there. I ain't crawling anywhere! That just ain't gonna happen. Get here and you crawl. I don't even know what in the heck you are telling my to do, so no, I won't and yes, you can!

Sounds to me like that customer service rep from Kuala Lumpur wasn't paying attention on American catch phrases day.

This guy above me, who gets paid wayyy more, takes 4 freaking 'doctor appointments' every week. On top of that, he 'works from home' at least twice a week because contractors are at his house. They've been there for a year

How in the ###### does nobody say anything to this guy? It's blowing my mind

Come work for me. You can get ya some intermittent FMLA and that'll get ya 89 extra days off per year to take whenever you feel like it. So, you'll have your 2 days off per week. 3 weeks vacation, 9 days to call in sick(you'll get canned after 10) and 89 FMLA days. That's 223 days off. Out of 365. Almost a third of my co workers take full advantage of this. Pays to live with your parents when you're in your 30s with a good paying job.

Come work for me. You can get ya some intermittent FMLA and that'll get ya 89 extra days off per year to take whenever you feel like it. So, you'll have your 2 days off per week. 3 weeks vacation, 9 days to call in sick(you'll get canned after 10) and 89 FMLA days. That's 223 days off. Out of 365. Almost a third of my co workers take full advantage of this. Pays to live with your parents when you're in your 30s with a good paying job.

What the hell are these shenanigans? 

Sounds to me like that customer service rep from Kuala Lumpur wasn't paying attention on American catch phrases day.

He was absolutely not Malaysian. He was as honkey as me and he just didn't want to drive out to fix his company's trash product.

What the hell are these shenanigans?

Yeah buddy. Up to 3 months of FMLA days to be used intermittently and there's nothing anyone can do about it(we can hire investigators, but that is expensive). They go see the doc, say they've got anxiety, or gout, or vertigo, or athletes foot whatever, doc signs your paperwork and poof! You got it! It's unpaid, but still. It's days you don't have to work and days you can't be disciplined for.

Edited by ubkev

The setup:  I work for a big company.  The site I work at is not the division I work for though; I'm on-site at a different division (the two divisions work together on a project).

So I get an IM this morning from someone I don't know, asking about the schedule for something my division is working on.  I said I'm not familiar with that project; I'll have to figure out who the right person is to contact.  The response:  "Oh, I think the person in charge of it is XXX."  If you know who's project it is, why come to me?  Why not just go direct to that person?  Just because I'm at your site?  That makes no sense.

When you stay up boozing with an old friend from out of town until 2:00 AM but the alarm still goes off at the regular time...

Sounds like my relationship with the Texas Rangers when they go into extra innings during a western road trip (like last night, for instance :wacko: ).  I did a 30 mile bike ride, stopped off for a night cap and a bite to eat at the neighborhood bar, a couple people ended up buying me drinks so I had a beer, a whiskey and a vodka in about an hour, then watched the rest of the Rangers game.  Stupid.  (They lost in 11, of course.  :angry: )

Sounds like my relationship with the Texas Rangers when they go into extra innings during a western road trip (like last night, for instance :wacko: ).  I did a 30 mile bike ride, stopped off for a night cap and a bite to eat at the neighborhood bar, a couple people ended up buying me drinks so I had a beer, a whiskey and a vodka in about an hour, then watched the rest of the Rangers game.  Stupid.  (They lost in 11, of course.  :angry: )

In the last 25 games, they're playing .400 baseball, I would think you'd need a whiskey, vodka and a beer every 15 minutes to watch that train wreck of a team. Must less lose sleep over them. Less see they've also lost 6 in a row and 4 of them to the Astros at home. Yikes, change that 15 minutes to 10 minutes. Doohickie do yourself a favor and cheer for the Astros and have 1 winning team to cheer for, sorta like me. 

Here in North Jersey, utiliy crews just close roads, with no thought of detours, or even if you have to backtrack to get around them. Complete . Yesterday took the cake, though. They actually had the road closed with an arrow telling you to turn right. It was a cul-de-sac.

Here in North Jersey, utiliy crews just close roads, with no thought of detours, or even if you have to backtrack to get around them. Complete ######. Yesterday took the cake, though. They actually had the road closed with an arrow telling you to turn right. It was a cul-de-sac.

200.gif

Here in North Jersey, utiliy crews just close roads, with no thought of detours, or even if you have to backtrack to get around them. Complete ######. Yesterday took the cake, though. They actually had the road closed with an arrow telling you to turn right. It was a cul-de-sac.

Always hated driving in Jersey. "Oh, you wanna make a left? Sorry! Go around this jug handle to the right." Putting on-ramp after the ramp, yeah, that's a Jersey move. Last time i was there it was 10 years ago. Can't remember what the toll was to leave to get back into NY, but I remember complaining to my Jersey living buddy about it. He responded with "do you wanna live in Jersey?" Good point, I paid the toll!

In the last 25 games, they're playing .400 baseball, I would think you'd need a whiskey, vodka and a beer every 15 minutes to watch that train wreck of a team. Must less lose sleep over them. Less see they've also lost 6 in a row and 4 of them to the Astros at home. Yikes, change that 15 minutes to 10 minutes. Doohickie do yourself a favor and cheer for the Astros and have 1 winning team to cheer for, sorta like me. 

Sadly, I am slipping into Astros territory.  I pulled for them in the playoffs.  I hate playing against Altuve but I love him as a player.  And they've got lots of other guys to like.

Watching the Rangers is kind of like watching the Sabres emerge from the Tank.  Due to injuries to basically their entire infield, the young talent has had a chance to play regularly and I think with some seasoning they'll be quite good.  Isiah Kiner-Falefa is a smart player and does all the little things right.  Ronald Guzman looks to be the 1B of the future.  Profar is finally starting to look like the top prospect he was hailed as.  I think we're going to see Beltre used more sparingly going forward.  I love the guy but his body is failing him.

I hope Delino DeShields can get just a bit better with the bat.  As a center fielder he's really good.  And on the basepaths he's very speedy.  He just can't hit very well (but luckily draws a lot of walks).

The Rangers need to turn some pieces over but some of the talent coming up looks promising.

Always hated driving in Jersey. "Oh, you wanna make a left? Sorry! Go around this jug handle to the right." Putting on-ramp after the ramp, yeah, that's a Jersey move. Last time i was there it was 10 years ago. Can't remember what the toll was to leave to get back into NY, but I remember complaining to my Jersey living buddy about it. He responded with "do you wanna live in Jersey?" Good point, I paid the toll!

Except when you don't, but you've already moved over to the right in anticipation so now you're trying to cross back over 2-3 lanes of traffic. There are some jug handles here in SE PA, but they seem to be disappearing or just atrophying as PA wises up and puts left-turn lanes in too.

Speaking of PA and roads, I think PennDOT has reached peak lazy road works on my commute home. There's an over-pass-exit in this gigantic nest of exits near where I work. A few weeks ago, PennDOT ground down the cement a couple inches in one pass, so part of the lane is ground down and the rest is still at the original level. This week, they filled in the ground down area with blacktop and painted stripes, so now there's a kinda-uneven wandering in and out of the lane black stripe of pavement in a section of road that's otherwise cement. This morning, another ramp in the same interchange was ground down, so I expect the same. Fortunately, they did a crappy job blending the ends so there's a dip in the beginning and a sharp edge at the end.

We lost our best tester today to another team. This is on top of months of debate for test being unbearably slow and poor because of a weak link. So we chopped off the head and kept the foot; lost the best guy and kept the problem. Now we're going to be in even more of a hole until eventually they actually just let go of the issue

This wasn't open until 3.  I do NOT expect the mods to be around to open and close threads.  Blue, unfortunately (I mean this), hasn't been around for a while.  Can we close this thread and have someone who is more active start another?

I clicked on this page, and this was the first post at the top so I read it with no context and was like WTF is this? I have never heard of these golf clubs before. Who the hell leaves a driver around for people to pick up? Who "tosses" their drivers in the tee box?? WHO THROWS ONE INTO A LAKE??!!??

Then I scrolled down one.

God bless context.

:lol:

This wasn't open until 3.  I do NOT expect the mods to be around to open and close threads.  Blue, unfortunately (I mean this), hasn't been around for a while.  Can we close this thread and have someone who is more active start another?

It was open. Must’ve been some issue for you. The thread opens at 12:01 am and closes at 23:59 pm

Started vacation this morning.  Headed to Chautauqua Lake in a few minutes.  Shouldn't be a complaint, but work isn't letting go.  Looks like I am bringing my laptop to the lake.......... :angry:

It'd be a shame if you couldn't get a WiFi signal out there.  ;)

Edited by Doohickie