Complaint Thursdays

LabattBlue

I hate it when NBA refs call similar plays differently involving a star vs a young unproven player.

I hate that baseball home plate umpires call strikes differently. It should be standardized.

I remember when Sandy Alderson left the Oakland A's to join the commissioner's office and dictated that all of the umpires should follow the MLB rule book for the strike zone. In response, an umpire was quoted as saying: "Nobody's going to tell me how to call balls and strikes!" and he kept his job.

Edited by gilbert11

I hate it when NBA refs call similar plays differently involving a star vs a young unproven player.

I hate that baseball home plate umpires call strikes differently. It should be standardized.

I remember when Sandy Alderson left the Oakland A's to join the commissioner's office and dictated that all of the umpires should follow the MLB rule book for the strike zone. In response, an umpire was quoted as saying: "Nobody's going to tell me how to call balls and strikes!" and he kept his job.

All you need to do with baseball is fire Joe West, Angel Hernandez, CB Bucknor and Laz Diaz and the strike zone gets much more consistent.

Lost a driver today disc golfing. I was just getting it broken in too. Lame.

My favorite driver ever was actually one that I found on a course. No name or phone number, so I started tossing it myself. Absolutely loved it. It played to my (terrible) slice perfectly. Got a solid 3 sessions out of it.

Then I threw it into a pond.

My favorite driver ever was actually one that I found on a course. No name or phone number, so I started tossing it myself. Absolutely loved it. It played to my (terrible) slice perfectly. Got a solid 3 sessions out of it.

Then I threw it into a pond.

I've been trying to get better at my distance drives but I just can't seem to throw consistently. I was starting to get comfortable with a basic Valkyrie and then I lost it. I'm not as good with my Champion Valkyrie. Never had good luck with Beasts.

I always have to go back to my Leopards and reset.

I lost my favorite disk last year and I've been kinda lost ever since.

I need a coach :lol:

I've been trying to get better at my distance drives but I just can't seem to throw consistently. I was starting to get comfortable with a basic Valkyrie and then I lost it. I'm not as good with my Champion Valkyrie. Never had good luck with Beasts.

I always have to go back to my Leopards and reset.

I lost my favorite disk last year and I've been kinda lost ever since.

I need a coach :lol:

My distance drives are just awful. Then last year I fell in love with a short course here where I only use midrange and putters. So I haven’t improved any haha. I also need a coach. Or several spare hours, a stockpile of drivers, and a large field.

My distance drives are just awful. Then last year I fell in love with a short course here where I only use midrange and putters. So I haven’t improved any haha. I also need a coach. Or several spare hours, a stockpile of drivers, and a large field.

I really need to spend some time watching videos and researching discs. I'm probably just doing a lot of things wrong :lol:

I think I ate my last Chinese food today. I didn't get sick or anything. I just don't think I can do it anymore. It's almost like you have a certain amount of that stuff you can eat in a lifetime and then you're done. Pizza, on the other hand, there is no statute of limitations, thank God.

Getting this one in under the wire:

My old job's benefits end on June 1st. New job's don't start until July 1st. So now I have to do COBRA for a month. Its not a huge deal, but its a pain that I don't feel like dealing with.

I'd go uninsured for a month and hope I don't die.

I think everyone forgot about this thread with the holiday week!  My complaint: crappy contractors.  The guy I hired to re-tile my bathroom floor did the tile removal himself, but he sub-contracted another guy to lay and grout the new tile.  Not a problem by itself, but the guy he hired was much less conscientious (uncovered the sink I I had purposefully taped off to protect everything and used it to prepare grout, got grout everywhere, left stains on my carpet in the hallway, etc.).  Was willing to let it slide at first because they seemed to do a really nice job laying the tile, and from standing height everything looked great.

The original handyman wanted to come back and seal the grout something like 14 or 15 hours after it had been done, which should've been a red flag after I noticed the grout box said to wait 16 h before stepping on the floor and 3 days before sealing.  Still had an overall positive impression of the main handyman (in spite of his obnoxious and repeated overtures to me), asked if we should wait, and he ended up coming back a day later to do it.  Still overall happy at this point.

When I finally started trying to clean up the floor and get the room put back together, I realize that not only is there an awful amount of grout haze on the tile that the guy had no intention of addressing, but the grout lines were way too low and already cracking in a few places.  BOO.  Talked to the handyman about redoing some of the grout, and he was surprisingly amenable, offering to do it that same day.  So we scrape out the worst sections, he re-does the grout after I head off to work, hoping it's all fixed.  Except later that same day the new grout is already cracking again -- UGH!!!  I texted to let him know that he'd left some tools behind and that I appreciated his help but it was already cracking, and he tells me he can come back and re-do it and has an idea of how to prevent the problem.  I told him I was on the fence about whether to have him come back a 3rd time but sent pics of some of the new problem areas.  Asked what he had in mind as a fix... and didn't hear back.  WTF?

So I resign myself to again scraping out the grout he'd done and redoing it, this time using sanded instead of unsanded grout (which it seems like he should've used in the first place).  Looks much better, and 3 days later, no cracking.  Annoying, but done.  This guy has the nerve to text me yesterday like nothing is wrong saying he'd been out of town and wanting to know when he can come get his tools?  I told him I'd leave them in a bag on my porch that he could pick up during the day and not to contact me again.  He literally has no clue and says he doesn't know why I'm upset, so I screenshot the earlier texts where he'd offered to come back out and fix it and tell him how I'm upset because I had to redo part of the job I'd already paid him for.  Suddenly he's all "what can I do to make it right", and I'm ignoring him because it's done and he was creepy and made me uncomfortable anyhow, and I think he tried to come to my house last night because someone rang my doorbell once around 8:30-8:45pm.  I updated my (formerly positive) review of him on HomeAdvisor, and this SOB sent me a text this morning that said "Shame on you for leaving me a bad review after I tried to do everything to keep you happy karma will back on you"   :wallbash:  :censored:

Edited by biodork

So.... getting my kayak trailer weighed....

Stopped into the DMV today to register the trailer I had weighed on Tuesday.  DMV wouldn't accept the weight slip.  I went to a DOT certified weigh station to get that trailer weighed.  The same weigh stations that are used by big rigs to document that they meet weight requirements to travel our highways safely.  The same weigh stations that are inspected and audited regularly by the state and feds.  My little hick DMV office doesn't trust the truck stop DOT certified weigh stations.  Nope.  That is exactly what they told me.  Instead, they want me to take my trailer to either the local scrap yard or gravel pit to get my trailer weighed.  I guess the red neck scrap yard has a more reliable scale than the DOT scales that are used by every truck on the highway.  That's what they told me anyway.

So now I have to take time off of work to drag my trailer to the local kick back, err I mean, scrap yard to get it weighed so I can go back to the DMV and they can tell me the next stupid thing I need to do to get permission to put a trailer on the road.

NYS regulations say that the trailer needs to be weighed on a certified scale.  Apparently they left out the part that further describes those certified scales as being owned by people kicking money to preferred by the local DMV office.

Edited by We've

OK, I feel ###### now about my complaint.

I rarely enter this thread because I know what my complaint will be.  It would be the same one every week. But this one rose to a level where I had to do it.

I miss this thread being about busted bike tires and idiots in line in front of you at Wilson Farms or whatever.  But it's ok for everyone to have a place to vent about serious , too.

I had to go to a funeral for an eight-year-old boy this week. Holy ######, does that suck. His parents are the most amazing and nice people you could imagine, too.

I had to go to a funeral for a buddy's 4 year old daughter back about 10 years ago now. That funeral was harder than any of my own grandparents funerals. Absolutely soul crushing. He's such a good dude and I know he still carries that pain.

Thanks for the thoughts. That DMV clerk really hurt me.

I cheated real bad the last 2 times I was at the DMV. I've decided that from now on, lines don't apply to me. No one has called me on it yet, so I'm going with that.

I had to go to a funeral for a buddy's 4 year old daughter back about 10 years ago now. That funeral was harder than any of my own grandparents funerals. Absolutely soul crushing. He's such a good dude and I know he still carries that pain.

It was weird.  At the wake, I told my dad, "I've never been to a wake for a child before."  He said he hadn't, either.  Given his age, I was shocked.  I guess it just doesn't happen that often. The man has now seen his godson's child buried and what should have been his daughter-in-law buried and never had those experiences before.

My whole family picks on me for being careful about germs. Then they all come down with a summer cold (a summer cold! Come on people!) right before I'm about to go on vacation, so I'm assuming that I'll wake up on day one sick as a dog.

Gotta build your immune system man