Complaint Thursdays

LabattBlue

We stupidly got our hopes up that there was some light at the end of the tunnel. After three days in the ER trying to get inpatient treatment for my daughter, we find out that she is too broken. No place will take her. Turns out, our rope just ends.

You certainly have my families thoughts and prayers you be blessed with strength and wisdom to know what to do

I do know Love does make a difference

You certainly have my families thoughts and prayers you be blessed with strength and wisdom to know what to do

Swamp, I don't think anyone could have said this better. Stay strong

Very well said, my friend.

Swamp,

I am very sorry to hear all of this.  My thoughts and prayers.  Which reminds me ... it's time. 

+++++

I was going to rant about NS being a third world Banana Republic at times, as I have an update concerning our planned power outage.  Seems that no one is actually even trying to steer this ruderless ship that is NS Power.

In light of some real issues that have recently been posted ... forget it.

We stupidly got our hopes up that there was some light at the end of the tunnel. After three days in the ER trying to get inpatient treatment for my daughter, we find out that she is too broken. No place will take her. Turns out, our rope just ends.

:(

One of my dogs, who had a catastrophic spinal injury four years ago, and is alive now only because I’m lucky enough to live half an hour away from one of the four places in the US that will even do the required surgery (and doubly lucky that I could afford it), is suddenly having problems with his back legs again... I’m gonna hope for the best but am deathly afraid I’ll be having him put down on Monday...

:(

In Italy I had a day with a lot of walking in Pompeii, woke up the next day with a ton of knee pain, couldn't walk well, but whatever.... Well it's been progressing to the point of instability.... I got an under the radar MRI at work, and boom F'ing medial meniscus tear, like a bad one..... I'm quite frustrated and now debating about surgery

How the heck did you tear your meniscus just walking around?  That sucks, man.

I have for other reasons but that's another topic. And I'm pretty sure that if they knew we were coming, they would mobilize a couple of army divisions at every Niagara River crossing to make sure we didn't get in anyway. :lol:

Thanks, and thanks to all.

Not sure there is anything more that can be done at this point. Her behaviors have really escalated in the past 3-4 weeks. Extremely self injurious, smashed her head into the TV on Tuesday (she wears a helmet, she was fine, the TV not so much), Wednesday was a snow day and when it was over my wife and I independently came to the conclusion that it was the worst day of our lives (maybe top 3 but you'd really have to sell me on the other 2). I had to physically restrain her for 45 mins of a 2 hour meltdown.

Saturday was looking like it was going to be a repeat of weds so my wife said screw it, and took her to the ER (then it's on them to find some inpatient care). Pro Tip - If you are going to have a psychiatric emergency, have it during the week because there is nobody there to do placements on the weekend. :blink:

So three days later, we left, with a whole list of places that said even if they had a bed, they wouldn't take her, the reasons being that not only are her behaviors not under control, but she also isn't potty trained and she has seizures. Um, no ######, jackass! Those are the very reasons we're here.

"Paging Dr. Yossarian! Dr Yossarian to the ER!"

We had a meeting with our school district yesterday that had even more people involved, and now that we've exhausted all the front door channels, they are going to start using their personal connections to try and get us more services or placement. Either way, she's here for a while. Hope we have it in us.

Thanks for letting me rant.

I don't even know what to say other than  :cry:

One of my dogs, who had a catastrophic spinal injury four years ago, and is alive now only because I’m lucky enough to live half an hour away from one of the four places in the US that will even do the required surgery (and doubly lucky that I could afford it), is suddenly having problems with his back legs again... I’m gonna hope for the best but am deathly afraid I’ll be having him put down on Monday...

######.

Heavy in here today... here's hoping it's just a passing thing with his legs...

######.

Sorry.

Yesterday, halfway to taking RosePie to preschool, she starts complaining that her neck and/or throat hurts and her stomach hurts. She's been around her sick cousin and an indoor playground this week so it's entirely possible she's actually sick. She's also out of it, so I drive back home to drop her off. She's OK when she's at home. Faker.

This morning, we get about halfway to preschool and the same thing happens. I tell her she's fine and she shouldn't lie about being sick. Molten chocolate lava puke all over herself 30 seconds later. I do my best to clean up on the side of the highway and then back home to drop her off.

Primary complaint: the person who designs car seats that simultaneously collect molten chocolate puke in places that are impossible to clean up and yet have enough holes in the bottom that plenty leaks out. Luckily, I have a tray-like thing under the seat that managed to collect it before it got further.

Yesterday, halfway to taking RosePie to preschool, she starts complaining that her neck and/or throat hurts and her stomach hurts. She's been around her sick cousin and an indoor playground this week so it's entirely possible she's actually sick. She's also out of it, so I drive back home to drop her off. She's OK when she's at home. Faker.

This morning, we get about halfway to preschool and the same thing happens. I tell her she's fine and she shouldn't lie about being sick. Molten chocolate lava puke all over herself 30 seconds later. I do my best to clean up on the side of the highway and then back home to drop her off.

Primary complaint: the person who designs car seats that simultaneously collect molten chocolate puke in places that are impossible to clean up and yet have enough holes in the bottom that plenty leaks out. Luckily, I have a tray-like thing under the seat that managed to collect it before it got further.

Do you think she's getting car sick?

Do you think she's getting car sick?

I don't think so this time; we were in traffic that was moving slowly. She has had car sickness issues before, but not often the last couple months I've been driving her to school in the morning.

I don't think so this time; we were in traffic that was moving slowly. She has had car sickness issues before, but not often the last couple months I've been driving her to school in the morning.

You might want to see if something / someone is making her school experience unpleasant.

Says, NS who doesn't have kids and really knows nothing about that species.

Other possibility to the ones posed by dark and NS... too much easter candy? As a kid I often got car sick if I read or had to face backwards or sometimes the back seat of bigger cars/smoother rides (still do). But nothing got me sicker than binging on candy. Didn't even seem like much candy to anyone else- but I'm "prediabetic" (which some think is a load of ) and drinking soda or juice or eating too much candy often resulted in barfs or nasty headaches. And yeah, if I was dreading something (always my piano practice), there was a good chance I'd hurl on the way there. 

Other option- what's for breakfast? Any milk? I developed my lactose intolerance fairly young. Went from drinking tall glasses of milk to violent stomach/gut issues pretty rapidly. 

Hope she's ok! 

Any fever ?  Could just be an intestinal virus. 

QUICK!!

Add jelly and a banana.

LOL!

RosePIe update:

It's probably a combination of things; she did have her daily ration of 3 pieces of Easter candy this morning (that's why it was molten chocolate, and she usually wats them later in the day). She also now has a fever and is miserable, so she's sick too. Ugh, can I stay at work until after bed time?

Mother in winter. April 5 and I started my day to a lovely 20 degrees with wind. If you make your living outside, you have more than earned your keep this winter.

The sun is strong enough to burn your face today only to have driving snow beat it in tomorrow.

Sooooooo sick of it.

In a few weeks it will be nine months since my mother passed. I have been having a difficult time with this whole thing. Growing up Elaine was a shield from an aggressive and stern father. I was her little handyman. I could fix anything for her. Anything except cancer. There wasn’t a thing I could do about that. I can’t even listen to that AWOL nation tune Handyman because I’ve made such a direct connect with my feelings for the loss of my mother. I’ll never come to peace with it. I’ll always be haunted.

I had a dream two nights ago that I was walking down a very crowded hallway. I look over to my right and she’s there against the wall. I’m overwhelmed to see her and run over and hug her tight, only to have her disappear in my arms.

Cat had to have his big bottom right tooth out on Friday. He's been recovering since then and things have been mostly going well. But his painkillers were done by noon yesterday and now I think it's bugging him to eat. He's not eating the watered down kibble I give him (to be fair, I just think he prefers them dry), and he's been leaving more of his canned wet food than I'd like. So tonight I decided to see if maybe it was something about the mechanics of eating the food that was bothering him. Turns out, I think he was using that bottom right tooth as the tooth the picks his food out of the bowl with, so the harder to get pieces are getting left behind.

So this is me, sitting on the kitchen floor mushing globs of wet food around on my fingers letting him eat the food off. It seems to have worked. I'll do whatever to make sure he's eating enough.

Checkup with the vet is tomorrow afternoon so hopefully they won't find anything wrong with how he's healing.

Cat had to have his big bottom right tooth out on Friday. He's been recovering since then and things have been mostly going well. But his painkillers were done by noon yesterday and now I think it's bugging him to eat. He's not eating the watered down kibble I give him (to be fair, I just think he prefers them dry), and he's been leaving more of his canned wet food than I'd like. So tonight I decided to see if maybe it was something about the mechanics of eating the food that was bothering him. Turns out, I think he was using that bottom right tooth as the tooth the picks his food out of the bowl with, so the harder to get pieces are getting left behind.

So this is me, sitting on the kitchen floor mushing globs of wet food around on my fingers letting him eat the food off. It seems to have worked. I'll do whatever to make sure he's eating enough.

Checkup with the vet is tomorrow afternoon so hopefully they won't find anything wrong with how he's healing.

Little Bear had a pinky sized tumor on her tongue when we saved her. After surgery there were several days of bloody tongue hanging out of the mouth.

She sprung back into a feline eating machine.

Common sense tells me your cat<name> is going to be fine. Get your hand blender out and purée some wet food with copious amounts of water and let him sip it up.

Little Bear had a pinky sized tumor on her tongue when we saved her. After surgery there were several days of bloody tongue hanging out of the mouth.

She sprung back into a feline eating machine.

Common sense tells me your cat<name> is going to be fine. Get your hand blender out and purée some wet food with copious amounts of water and let him sip it up.

Hmmmmm, that's a good idea... Feed it to him like soup....

Thanks for the idea :)