Complaint Thursdays

LabattBlue

I really can't stand nouns as verbs in advertising.

Kraft. Family Greatly,… off!

I'm sure there are others but they'll just make me angry.

Also, my kid still sucks and my dad keeps falling.

… but, man!… those ads piss me off.

Watching a guy I knew in college who raped my friend, tried to roofie me, and stole my wallet have his no talent having ass's sh!ttily drawn comic turned hopeful tv show's pilot picked up in LA sure feels great

Happy international women's day 

hoorayyy 

Watching a guy I knew in college who raped my friend, tried to roofie me, and stole my wallet have his no talent having ass's sh!ttily drawn comic turned hopeful tv show's pilot picked up in LA sure feels great

Happy international women's day 

hoorayyy 

:(

So after last week's fiasco with my Impala I've decided I've probably had enough with it. I bought this car because I wanted to own it long term but it has become apparent a little over a year in that this is going to be an expensive vehicle to own for any reasonable length of time. Fortunately I took out the loan at a pretty short term so I'm not underwater on it.

It's going in to the shop at the end of next week to get the broken infotainment screen looked at (after a year of it not working I've kinda gotten used to it). I'm not looking forward to that repair, but I want to get it fixed so I can enjoy it while I still have it. I'm probably going to end up fighting with them about any repair costs because in my opinion it's a defective part that shouldn't be my problem, at least not entirely. So we'll see how that goes. 

Researching what I want to put my butt in to is so damn hard though. I'm pretty sold on a new Malibu LT, which I would probably lease, at least to start. It's very similar to my Impala, but a little more down-market so I don't have to deal with some of the "premium car" hassles that the Impala is (and will be) giving me. The price is good and the features are good. I would probably be happy with it both in the short term and in the long term if I were to buy it outright. 

Cars have gotten nuts though. Trying to find something that I like for a price I like is really hard, mostly because I don't like much of what is out there. Everything is either too expensive, too fancy, too overrated, or extremely laaaaame. I. WILL. NOT. BUY. A. CROSSOVER. I have a soul goddammit! 

I wish Chevy made a wagon. The Malibu is on the same platform as the new Buick Regal Wagon (Opel Insignia). Why not give us a cheaper version of that Regal wagon? Ughhhh.

I wish Chevy made an SUV version of the Colorado. I would give that a hard look. I'm just not a pickup truck guy (as a daily driver anyway) and the Tahoe and Suburban have gotten insanely overpriced and bloated. Gone are the days of those being even remotely in my price range.

My ideal car does not exist. They do not make it. The full size wagon is dead, long live the full size wagon. 

Addendum: Reading reviews sucks too because everything is simultaneously great and also the worst. You read a review that is excellent and then go over to Car Complaints and there are 50 posts about how the thing is just a mess (I'm looking at you Jeep). So not only does everyone make cars that are too expensive, but they're also all garbage. Like...all of them.

I'm starting to look at cars the way I never wanted to: as something where you're getting robbed blind no matter what you do. The corporations are getting their money from you one way or another. 

Edited by darksabre

This just in (literally) ...

Car / truck door slammers!!

It's March break here in NS and a whole pile of snot nosed brats just piled into a SUV parked in front of the neighbours house (play day, I guess).  They all slammed the car doors so hard the house and my office shook.

It's not March break for accountants damn it and I am trying to get some work done around here.

So after last week's fiasco with my Impala I've decided I've probably had enough with it. I bought this car because I wanted to own it long term but it has become apparent a little over a year in that this is going to be an expensive vehicle to own for any reasonable length of time. Fortunately I took out the loan at a pretty short term so I'm not underwater on it.

It's going in to the shop at the end of next week to get the broken infotainment screen looked at (after a year of it not working I've kinda gotten used to it). I'm not looking forward to that repair, but I want to get it fixed so I can enjoy it while I still have it. I'm probably going to end up fighting with them about any repair costs because in my opinion it's a defective part that shouldn't be my problem, at least not entirely. So we'll see how that goes. 

Researching what I want to put my butt in to is so damn hard though. I'm pretty sold on a new Malibu LT, which I would probably lease, at least to start. It's very similar to my Impala, but a little more down-market so I don't have to deal with some of the "premium car" hassles that the Impala is (and will be) giving me. The price is good and the features are good. I would probably be happy with it both in the short term and in the long term if I were to buy it outright. 

Cars have gotten nuts though. Trying to find something that I like for a price I like is really hard, mostly because I don't like much of what is out there. Everything is either too expensive, too fancy, too overrated, or extremely laaaaame. I. WILL. NOT. BUY. A. CROSSOVER. I have a soul goddammit! 

I wish Chevy made a wagon. The Malibu is on the same platform as the new Buick Regal Wagon (Opel Insignia). Why not give us a cheaper version of that Regal wagon? Ughhhh.

I wish Chevy made an SUV version of the Colorado. I would give that a hard look. I'm just not a pickup truck guy (as a daily driver anyway) and the Tahoe and Suburban have gotten insanely overpriced and bloated. Gone are the days of those being even remotely in my price range.

My ideal car does not exist. They do not make it. The full size wagon is dead, long live the full size wagon. 

Addendum: Reading reviews sucks too because everything is simultaneously great and also the worst. You read a review that is excellent and then go over to Car Complaints and there are 50 posts about how the thing is just a mess (I'm looking at you Jeep). So not only does everyone make cars that are too expensive, but they're also all garbage. Like...all of them.

I'm starting to look at cars the way I never wanted to: as something where you're getting robbed blind no matter what you do. The corporations are getting their money from you one way or another.

Haven't been looking for a car for 3+ years, so this might be dated, but Subaru had one of the Outback body styles in form of a station wagon when we were looking. Expect they still do.

So for close to a year now, I've had a "new" boss. I say it this way as most days feel like his first. He's a nice enough guy, mostly, but I've never worked for someone so detached from their actual work.

I had an audit closeout meeting with a huge customer. Think of the largest food manufacturer in the world. Super important customer that we have a wonderful working relationship with. My boss, a no show. I call him due to the importance and he tells me he's in HR. Outside of him getting fired or firing a department manager, neither of which happened, he has no excuse to be in HR over this meeting.

This is on the heels of him attending a meeting with this same customer accusing them of lying and having a general disposition that would have off put just about any person. Our customers handled it without a flinch or mention.

A few months ago he stormed into my office asking if I ever answer my phone and he needed to see me immediately. I check my phone, he sent a text 30 seconds prior which I hadn't seen. He then proceeds to ask me if I have a problem with him and if I like him. I tell him he's an adequate boss (I can't sugar coat things).

He still doesn't know all the product we run, constantly asks why we are running items as we have "so much in inventory". When I look into the inventory, it always turns out that we actually don't have very much of what we're running and he has confused a different SKU for what we're running.

He also degrades other managers ans supervisors in front of all the managers. Seriously unprofessional stuff. I think he's in way over his head but he was hand picked by the director and VP so it would be serious egg on their face if they have to show him the door.

Haven't been looking for a car for 3+ years, so this might be dated, but Subaru had one of the Outback body styles in form of a station wagon when we were looking. Expect they still do.

I wish I liked Subarus. They just don't agree with me, the seats specifically. They put the lumbar support in a weird spot and it kills my back after an hour or so. I'll probably give the Outback and Legacy a look just to do it, but I suspect I'll be too nervous about the seats to commit.

Frankly, there's a chance I go back to VW. I swore them off after Dieselgate but the Golf Sportwagon is just about perfect, especially with AWD available on the base model. I liked my Golf hatchback. It was sporty, had nice seats, good on the highway, well styled. It wasn't great in the snow but that could be fixed by adding the weight of the larger wagon and the AWD. VW has also stepped up their game and offers an amazing warranty. I'm very tempted for the price.

I just wish an American company made a competitor. They could. They own the platform to do it. All they'd have to do is build a Malibu wagon and offer it with remote start and I'd be running a the dealer for one.

So for close to a year now, I've had a "new" boss. I say it this way as most days feel like his first. He's a nice enough guy, mostly, but I've never worked for someone so detached from their actual work.

I had an audit closeout meeting with a huge customer. Think of the largest food manufacturer in the world. Super important customer that we have a wonderful working relationship with. My boss, a no show. I call him due to the importance and he tells me he's in HR. Outside of him getting fired or firing a department manager, neither of which happened, he has no excuse to be in HR over this meeting.

This is on the heels of him attending a meeting with this same customer accusing them of lying and having a general disposition that would have off put just about any person. Our customers handled it without a flinch or mention.

A few months ago he stormed into my office asking if I ever answer my ###### phone and he needed to see me immediately. I check my phone, he sent a text 30 seconds prior which I hadn't seen. He then proceeds to ask me if I have a problem with him and if I like him. I tell him he's an adequate boss (I can't sugar coat things).

He still doesn't know all the product we run, constantly asks why we are running items as we have "so much in inventory". When I look into the inventory, it always turns out that we actually don't have very much of what we're running and he has confused a different SKU for what we're running.

He also degrades other managers ans supervisors in front of all the managers. Seriously unprofessional stuff. I think he's in way over his head but he was hand picked by the director and VP so it would be serious egg on their face if they have to show him the door.

This kinda stuff starts at the top. I'm sad that nothing has changed there. It could be a great place to work.

The day Subaru stops making a wagon is the day their corporate overlords at Toyota have won. That being said, the Outback has gotten pretty tall; the roof is probably taller than my old Cherokee.

A few months ago he stormed into my office asking if I ever answer my ###### phone and he needed to see me immediately. I check my phone, he sent a text 30 seconds prior which I hadn't seen. He then proceeds to ask me if I have a problem with him and if I like him. I tell him he's an adequate boss (I can't sugar coat things).

Seems like same everywhere.

Dropped my '14 Impala with its dead infotainment screen off at the dealer this morning for diagnosis. 

Diagnosis: the screen is shorted out and the whole center stack needs to be replaced.

Estimated parts and labor: $1,100.00

And that it could be days before the parts come in.

I told them no way. Going to pick it up and pay them their diagnosis fee. 

Looks like I'm going car shopping this weekend. 

Dropped my '14 Impala with its dead infotainment screen off at the dealer this morning for diagnosis. 

Diagnosis: the screen is shorted out and the whole center stack needs to be replaced.

Estimated parts and labor: $1,100.00

And that it could be days before the parts come in.

I told them no way. Going to pick it up and pay them their diagnosis fee. 

Looks like I'm going car shopping this weekend. 

That is such bull***

Edited by sabelvilhelm

I didn't get a chance to post this last week, but my dad and stepmom had 3 cats and a dog (full house!).  The youngest cat was somewhere between 6 and 8 years old, so an adult, but still with plenty of lifespan to go.  She had always been incredibly skinny (5-6 lbs), but she was a Siamese with a small frame and had a voracious appetite, easily out-eating the other two (much larger) cats.  It had gotten to the point where they had to hide any food in the kitchen because she had literally chewed through a bag of bread and eaten part of the loaf one time!  And she was so very sweet and would love to curl up on your lap... probably the only cat I've ever met who never grew tired of attention like most do.  And yet she was still losing weight.  They took her to the vet to see if she had some kind of thyroid problem, and that test came back negative, but her white cell count was very high so the vet suggested maybe she had some kind of internal infection, gave her a 3 week course of antibiotics and a steroid shot, and told them to come back when those were done.  Still she kept losing weight, and once the steroids wore off she grew increasingly weak and actually lost her appetite.  When they went back to the vet, they said it felt like there was a large mass (tumor) in her liver and that she was probably not going to survive much more than a few days and recommended euthanasia.  Turns out she probably had lymphoma or something all along, but no one thought to look for that because her appetite was so strong and she never "acted" sick.  RIP little kitty.   :cry:

Time to let another brand conquest me. 

Good thing no one makes a car that I like. That'll make haggling easier for me. 

If you just accept that you can live with an older car, then you don't have to deal with infotainment systems and can get a real value. I have a good job and choose to drive a '07 Pontiac G6 just so I don't have to deal with the cost of a new car.

Not for nothing, but you don't really strike me as a "needs to drive a new car for status" kind of guy.

If you just accept that you can live with an older car, then you don't have to deal with infotainment systems and can get a real value. I have a good job and choose to drive a '07 Pontiac G6 just so I don't have to deal with the cost of a new car.

Not for nothing, but you don't really strike me as a "needs to drive a new car for status" kind of guy.

Nah, but he's the pickiest bugger you'll ever face... all he wants is a modern/reliable early 90s land yacht. 

course, the fact that he's juuust tall enough to be uncomfortable in most sedans/compacts complicates things. 

Nah, but he's the pickiest bugger you'll ever face... all he wants is a modern/reliable early 90s land yacht. 

course, the fact that he's juuust tall enough to be uncomfortable in most sedans/compacts complicates things. 

As evidenced by the "Sausage" sign at the meetup, i'm not exactly a short guy either. Find something you can stomach driving for as cheap as possible and save money on not having a lease payment

I don't really want to go super used again, but I would be heavily inclined towards an '11 Buick Lucerne with a cloth split front bench...

Correct.

I didn't get a chance to post this last week, but my dad and stepmom had 3 cats and a dog (full house!). The youngest cat was somewhere between 6 and 8 years old, so an adult, but still with plenty of lifespan to go. She had always been incredibly skinny (5-6 lbs), but she was a Siamese with a small frame and had a voracious appetite, easily out-eating the other two (much larger) cats. It had gotten to the point where they had to hide any food in the kitchen because she had literally chewed through a bag of bread and eaten part of the loaf one time! And she was so very sweet and would love to curl up on your lap... probably the only cat I've ever met who never grew tired of attention like most do. And yet she was still losing weight. They took her to the vet to see if she had some kind of thyroid problem, and that test came back negative, but her white cell count was very high so the vet suggested maybe she had some kind of internal infection, gave her a 3 week course of antibiotics and a steroid shot, and told them to come back when those were done. Still she kept losing weight, and once the steroids wore off she grew increasingly weak and actually lost her appetite. When they went back to the vet, they said it felt like there was a large mass (tumor) in her liver and that she was probably not going to survive much more than a few days and recommended euthanasia. Turns out she probably had lymphoma or something all along, but no one thought to look for that because her appetite was so strong and she never "acted" sick. RIP little kitty. :cry:

So sad. I'm gonna cry for days when our cat dies someday.