Complaint Thursdays

LabattBlue

We're talking about characters who were created as a joke, picked up to market merchandise, and spent the first decade as a kids animated series, right?

It's not like we're talking about a comic book hero with decades of history.

That history is there though and it has a massive cult following. I hate it when big Hollywood money sh*ts all over stuff like this.

I was really hoping for a more Kurosawa-esque Turtles movie. But instead we're just going to get plug-and-play formulaic bullsh*t that will undoubtedly rake in a ton of cash and perpetuate the rape of the film medium.

That history is there though and it has a massive cult following. I hate it when big Hollywood money sh*ts all over stuff like this.

I was really hoping for a more Kurosawa-esque Turtles movie. But instead we're just going to get plug-and-play formulaic bullsh*t that will undoubtedly rake in a ton of cash and perpetuate the rape of the film medium.

I see your point. I'll go see it, and give it a chance. If it sucks it sucks, but can't write it off simply because a set of characters created by commercialization is being commercialized.

Two days ago, my mom and I were planning a trip to NY for next weekend (her flying from Arizona, me driving from PA) to see my grandfather, who had been ill for a long time and was expected to go home on Hospice.

Yesterday morning, he took a turn for the worse and she re-scheduled her flight for today and I was going to drive up Sat. morning.

Last night, we found out we would actually be attending a funeral instead.

Two days ago, my mom and I were planning a trip to NY for next weekend (her flying from Arizona, me driving from PA) to see my grandfather, who had been ill for a long time and was expected to go home on Hospice.

Yesterday morning, he took a turn for the worse and she re-scheduled her flight for today and I was going to drive up Sat. morning.

:( My condolences, Bio. May he be at peace, and you and your family's travels safe.

I was going to ask how Michael Bay keeps getting work, but after thinking about it, I think the more appropriate question is how do Michael Bay movies keep making money?

My complaint: cheap toilet paper. I will refuse to believe college athletics is, in general, a hyper-profitable venture that benefits the entire school until at least one of the schools I teach at starts providing some quality two-ply toilet paper.

I was going to ask how Michael Bay keeps getting work, but after thinking about it, I think the more appropriate question is how do Michael Bay movies keep making money?

I ask that, and then I realized I'm being unfair. To a little boy, I bet those Transformer movies are really awesome. I enjoyed the first one for what it was, a loud, crash boom bang, high tech, metal whirring advertisement for toys. The sequels suck because they're the same thing, just more servings with less wow. I can act all high and mighty and pretend I know something about filmmaking (I don't) and point my finger, but I doubt a little kid is going "My goodness, those cycle bot dudes are racist. My my, what terrible actors Shia and Megan are. Lordy, this plot is full of holes and my ears hurt".

To them it's all adrenaline cool metal awesome escape for the afternoon. And then they go to Applebee's after the movie with their parents with a smile on their faces. I don't think we're really the intended audience.

Oh well, they can't all be zingers.

my condolences :(

in regards to TMNT...I'll definitely see it. I won't have high expectations, but I'll see it nonetheless.

no complaints from me today.

Sorry Bio. :(

ok...now I have a complaint. Freshman Tyler Ennis of Syracuse is entering the NBA draft. I think that's a bad move on his part, and sucks for the school. but hey, his choice.

EDIT: I guess he;s projected to be top 12, and that it's a tossup between him and Marcus Smart for top Point Guard. Still angry though. Cuse is gonna be in trouble next season.

Edited by dEnnis the Menace

It seems like he's exclusively relying on nostalgia now. Most people expect his movies to be bad, but they'll still stick it out just in case he actually does a service to the memories of their youth.

It seems like he's exclusively relying on nostalgia now. Most people expect his movies to be bad, but they'll still stick it out just in case he actually does a service to the memories of their youth.

So when is the Partridge Family remake coming out? Who will play Rueben Kincaid?

Dave_Madden_1970s.jpg

Hello, world, there's a song that we're singin'

C'mon get happy!

That's so sad. Sorry, bio.

Oh, that sux. Hang in there.

I have plenty I could bitch about- insurance guy screwing me over, trying to change my existence from Ohio to NY, bla bla, but this is my main complaint. I've been working with the new TMNT designs of the show (they're not bad, took awhile to warm up to). But... this...

TURTLESPLOSION featuring Megan Fox looking clueless and out of breath, breasts heaving attractively as she vapidly looks into the face of... what the hell... is... that... the creepiest design of a humanoid turtle dude I've ever seen.... doesn't matter because BOOM transformer SPARKS notsohotcgi SMOKE FIRE LOUD NOISES screw your childhood, I'm going home.

http://youtu.be/nCjsWpM9zFU

My complaint is being promised a scene of heaving breasts and then waiting in vain for them for 90 seconds.

Very sorry Bio. God bless you and your family.

Sorry bio.

My complaint: Men who refer to other men as studs. "That guy's a stud!" Yeah, whatever you say 'bro'

This practice becomes all the more unbearable come draft time in the NFL.

Sorry bio.

My complaint: Men who refer to other men as studs. "That guy's a stud!" Yeah, whatever you say 'bro'

This practice becomes all the more unbearable come draft time in the NFL.

what if "that guy" is actually marketed for the purpose of breeding?

Fred Phelps died and now I have to find someone new to hate.

You'll always have Zdeno & Milan.

Just followed Josie's recommendation and donated to GLAAD in memory of Fred. They even let me put in the WBC address so they can send a thank you note.

It's 3701 SW 12th St, Topeka, KS 66604 if anyone is interested.

My complaint for this week is the Kirch Developmental Services Center at Golisano Children's Hospital.

We have been trying for 4 months to get the paperwork and referrals in order to get our son set up for a diagnostic evaluation and official diagnosis. These things are critical for his ongoing services and therapy. We finally (thought we) had everything in order, and our service coordinator gave us a number at Strong to call and do the "Parent Intake". So my wife calls, introduces herself, and says she was told she needs to do the "Parent Intake". The lady on the other end LITERALLY LAUGHS at her, and says, "Your no where near the intake yet". She then explains that there is an entire additional round of paperwork and referrals. My wife then asks if she knew the cost for the evaluation. For some reason at this point the lady completely went off about how they "weren't even going to look at [our son] until they know how they're going to get paid."

This entire process (not just strong, the whole dealing with autism as a parent thing) is extremely stressful, especially for a mom. They have to know this, yet there is no compassion what-so-ever. My wife was in tears by the time she hung up. Our pediatrician had warned us, but they (Kirch) are essentially the only game in town. If we had any other option to provide our son with the things he needs to be successful, I'd be marching into Kirch tomorrow to explain to them terrible they are. Alas, I can't give them what's coming if it will hurt our son, so I get to eat my frustration, and fill out more forms.

The 1st part is hilarious.

I hope you and your wife continue to find the strenghth to take the high road w/ the idiots making your journey to treatment for your child more arduous than it needs to be. (I know you will.) Even though they richly deserve getting ripped into.

Very sorry for your loss Ms. Dork.

And now for my complaint, I came up w/ a 'great' response to one of your posts from last week but now it doesn't seem to fit. Double bummer.

It is very stressful and nobody gets it. I can't tell you how many times my wife and I have looked at each other and said, "Don't these people deal with people like us all the time?! How can they not ________?!" It's amazing.

My complaint. My daughter is going on six months without a seizure, the longest she has ever gone. I'm a believer in medical marijuana. We just found out that the jackass who owns the dispensary dicided that he is no longer going to provide pediactirc marijuana. He just happens to be one of Chris Christie's douchebag moneygrubbing buddies. He couldn't give a rats ass about helping people. He only cares about money and feels he doesn't want the "risk". Now we have to figure out where we are going next.

That stinks. Hope you find a new dispensary soon enough that she doesn't have the siezures come back.

Work. Love my company and enjoy my job but they are making it more and more difficult. Lost two of my employees to downsizing late last year, now I'm losing my supervisor (right hand man, works directly under me does a lot of leg work). I'm also losing a technician to injury as he has to have surgery and will be out 3-4 months. I've asked for a temporary replacement from our other locations and was given a BS response about how they can't do it. I'm going to have to stretch my whole department super thin and piss most of them off with mandatory overtime. (d4rk you know what I mean).

I know they can lose a person from a specific location as I used to manage it and know they have extra personnel. Better yet, I'm losing people making less than $40 k left and right and we keep bring VP's making more than them combined. It's depressing.