Complaint Thursdays

Topic will be automatically locked at 03:59 AM

LabattBlue

It's not even just that; my family lived at 4 different addresses when I was between the ages of maybe 4 and 20, plus at least 2 before that I was too young to know of. And I've had 6 different addresses by myself since then. I fail to see how any of that information is relevant to their searches. Maybe the last 5-10 years or something, but to request 39 years worth of details? Either I have a record or I don't; where I lived and who with has no bearing on that and I don't feel comfortable giving them so much information on my family.

And yikes, CSB! Feel better, man.

I had to do that for a bar application. I don't remember what state. An incredible pain in the ass.

CSB: How's it going?

New one: incompetent admin staff. Our dept assistant was informed almost 4 weeks ago that we needed to start our annual (assinine, and worthless) staff review paperwork, and since she couldn't be bothered to let us know until today, now we have 1 week instead of 5 to get it done. This is the same person who recently screwed up the computer serial #s for our lab machines throughout multiple correspondences and had us completely confused on which computers were being upgraded and/or replaced over the last several weeks. It's really not that hard, lady.

It's not even just that; my family lived at 4 different addresses when I was between the ages of maybe 4 and 20, plus at least 2 before that I was too young to know of. And I've had 6 different addresses by myself since then. I fail to see how any of that information is relevant to their searches. Maybe the last 5-10 years or something, but to request 39 years worth of details? Either I have a record or I don't; where I lived and who with has no bearing on that and I don't feel comfortable giving them so much information on my family.

And yikes, CSB! Feel better, man.

If you can't remember the addresses it's ok. They're not required.

They said city/state is sufficient, and I recall that much so I'm not so much concerned with remembering as I am with the absurdness of their request. And I'm honestly much more concerned with them asking for info on my family. None of them work here and their actions do not influence my suitability for employment, but both my brother and father probably have things on record that would show up if someone decided to check. It's none of my employer's business and it has nothing to do with me.

Wicked hay fever.

And a pretty solid hangover.

And I need some exercise.

And this one really isn't a complaint, but more of a "I can't believe I saw that". I was at CVS this morning and a guy was in the aisle putting on deodorant.

As in shoplifting one morning's worth of deodorant? i.e. taking one off the shelf, applying it to his armpits and then putting it back?

I hope at least it was a spray.

Yuck.

As in shoplifting one morning's worth of deodorant? i.e. taking one off the shelf, applying it to his armpits and then putting it back?

I hope at least it was a spray.

Yuck.

Nope, not a spray. I suppose it was possible that he was going to buy it afterward, but I doubt it.

Now I'm finding out the goddamn idiot insurance agent back home has screwed up royally and I might be uninsured completely at the moment. Thank GOD I'm switching out of there. He already screwed up my rental policy. I also discovered i got suckered by the rental car place- they told me to sign on for insurance with them, it seemed like a "you need to do this or you can't drive this car" deal, so I did- just discovered that I'm covered anyways by my main insurance and am now on the hook for $200 bucks in worthless insurance because I'm too stupid/inexperienced to have known to say no.

I am beyond exhausted, I broke down sobbing at work, holy ###### I need a beer.

None of this latest ###### would have happened if the collision place had just done the damn repairs correctly the first time. How tough is it to put a damn swaybar on correctly and NOT upside down? Use unbent parts? Put a cotter pin in? ARGH

Edited by Josie914

Now I'm finding out the goddamn idiot insurance agent back home has screwed up royally and I might be uninsured completely at the moment. Thank GOD I'm switching out of there. He already screwed up my rental policy. I also discovered i got suckered by the rental car place- they told me to sign on for insurance with them, it seemed like a "you need to do this or you can't drive this car" deal, so I did- just discovered that I'm covered anyways by my main insurance and am now on the hook for $200 bucks in worthless insurance because I'm too stupid/inexperienced to have known to say no.

I am beyond exhausted, I broke down sobbing at work, holy ###### I need a beer.

None of this latest ###### would have happened if the collision place had just done the damn repairs correctly the first time. How tough is it to put a damn swaybar on correctly and NOT upside down? Use unbent parts? Put a cotter pin in? ARGH

:(

Call the office, and complain. Then, call the companies corporate office and complain that one of their branches is using deceptive practices. Then, if nothing works, call two on your side. :(

Just give them a ballpark...

1998-2000 An apartment next to Lincoln Elementary......

2001-2004 Across the street from Chuck E. Cheese

2005-2006 St. Abigail's Rectory

2007-2009 State College of PA campus housing

2010-2014 A van

same complaint as last week. I'm reaching my limits with this co worker. He walked by my office today, and while HR was in there, he just said "###### you". HR lady asked me what I did...thanks lady. because it's obviously my fault that this guy who is a loose cannon and always angry is angry? All I did was not use the right fan apparently on a chamber...

:wallbash:

yeesh.

same complaint as last week. I'm reaching my limits with this co worker. He walked by my office today, and while HR was in there, he just said "###### you". HR lady asked me what I did...thanks lady. because it's obviously my fault that this guy who is a loose cannon and always angry is angry? All I did was not use the right fan apparently on a chamber...

:wallbash:

yeesh.

If something like that is happening and people immediately ask what you did, you've got a reputation around that place.

If something like that is happening and people immediately ask what you did, you've got a reputation around that place.

HAHA that's what one of the other technicians said, that I must have a reputation with certain people...i.e. the wrong rep with the wrong ppl.

I don't understand why or how either. I'm a hardass with the guys in my dept. but we have well exceeded our goal for 5 months running now, and I believe it has secured them better raises (which I told them it should). I don't take ###### from the other favored depts, and I tell it like it is. Maybe others don't like it, but it's ended up bringing in more profits to two areas that haven't seen much the last few years before I came aboard.

Call the office, and complain. Then, call the companies corporate office and complain that one of their branches is using deceptive practices. Then, if nothing works, call two on your side. :(

Believe me, I'm going to Enterprise tomorrow to give that little sh*t a piece of my mind.

Just give them a ballpark...

1998-2000 An apartment next to Lincoln Elementary......

2001-2004 Across the street from Chuck E. Cheese

2005-2006 St. Abigail's Rectory

2007-2009 State College of PA campus housing

2010-2014 A van

Well played, sir. Well played.

Believe me, I'm going to Enterprise tomorrow to give that little sh*t a piece of my mind.

Being nice, apologetic, and having a (very guilty feeling) agent who apparently used to work for Enterprise helped. He knew exactly what game they'd used on me. I settled on paying half. I understand their stance, I DID sign the paperwork, but I was duped into doing so. Expensive little life lesson.

It ain't over yet, but it's some progress. I've missed most of the workday because I've been on the phone. A small bit of incompetence flaps the butterfly's wings and then a ###### storm's a comin', Rand.

Being nice, apologetic, and having a (very guilty feeling) agent who apparently used to work for Enterprise helped. He knew exactly what game they'd used on me. I settled on paying half. I understand their stance, I DID sign the paperwork, but I was duped into doing so. Expensive little life lesson.

It ain't over yet, but it's some progress. I've missed most of the workday because I've been on the phone. A small bit of incompetence flaps the butterfly's wings and then a ###### storm's a comin', Rand.

Man, you just keep finding ways to prevent me from being mean to people :P

HAHA that's what one of the other technicians said, that I must have a reputation with certain people...i.e. the wrong rep with the wrong ppl.

I don't understand why or how either. I'm a hardass with the guys in my dept. but we have well exceeded our goal for 5 months running now, and I believe it has secured them better raises (which I told them it should). I don't take ###### from the other favored depts, and I tell it like it is. Maybe others don't like it, but it's ended up bringing in more profits to two areas that haven't seen much the last few years before I came aboard.

I'm reminded of a Seinfeld episode...

George: "You know how these interoffice politics work."

Jerry: "Actually I don't, I've never had a job."

Well, sir, you have a job and apparently still don't know how interoffice politics work :nana:

You're still in? For an appendix?

Got out, Saturday, but went back in on Tuesday for infected abscess and what turned out to be infected bacteria in my bloodstream (see up thread). Just got home about an hour ago, on the condition I may have to go back tomorrow. They gave me the highest powered antibiotic in pill form (Cipro), but it may not be strong enough, and I may need to get it via IV. if that's the case, then I get a pic installed tomorrow and get home delivery for two weeks.

Edited by ChileanSeaBass