Complaint Thursdays

LabattBlue

mice. and lazy landlords

My girlfriend and I have a mouse infestation. It doesn't matter how many I catch (6 so far + 1 missing trap, so potentially 7 if whatever was attached to the trap died), they keep on coming. It's not that traps are expensive, but a pest control person or something better than traps may be better, but my landlady keeps telling me to just keep using the traps and that in the spring and summer, they'll go away...

not when there is an endless supply of insulation in the house, attic and crawlspace. They got into our dog's treat bag too!! :censored: :censored:

Eeeeww... sounds like it's time to think about relocating! Hopefully the traps you have are at least humane (not the sticky ones)? Not sure how well they work for mice, but could also try something like one of the plug-in electronic pest repellers.

mice. and lazy landlords

My girlfriend and I have a mouse infestation. It doesn't matter how many I catch (6 so far + 1 missing trap, so potentially 7 if whatever was attached to the trap died), they keep on coming. It's not that traps are expensive, but a pest control person or something better than traps may be better, but my landlady keeps telling me to just keep using the traps and that in the spring and summer, they'll go away...

not when there is an endless supply of insulation in the house, attic and crawlspace. They got into our dog's treat bag too!! :censored: :censored:

Get yourself a cat ... even if you just borrow it for a while. Even if it's not a mouser, they will smell the cat and scram.

Problem solved

Simply put, weed for kids. it's the same stuff.

We have been waiting for them to make availabe a strain that is very high in CBD but very low in THC, that is good for seizures. In the meantime, though, we have been using a process that uses very high THC weed to make a tincture (which I'm not quite sure is legal to make but don't care). The final product is a tincture that has THCA (non decarboxilized THC) which is not psychoactive and also good for seizures (as I can attest to).

That sucks, swamp. But if it's the same stuff for kids as adults, can't you just buy the stuff for adults? Maybe there's some way your doc can re-word the Rx so you can still get it?

I have. When the right people give enough money to the right other people in order for the FDA to approve it in 15 years, I'll give it to my daughter. Until then it's just me, my grain alcohol, and my graduated cylinder.

Oh,.. and the pot.

So stupid, isn't it?

Trying to incorporate comments / suggestions on a manuscript draft, and it's extremely painful. I've literally been struggling with the same introductory paragraph for over an hour. My boss wrote the first version and left it pretty thin on details, and then the other senior author expanded it but in a way that's overly verbose and semi-redundant. Now there's no flow to the whole section and I'm stuck looking for references for all the stuff the other person added in since they couldn't be bothered. Lack of sleep is not helping, either.

Eeeeww... sounds like it's time to think about relocating! Hopefully the traps you have are at least humane (not the sticky ones)? Not sure how well they work for mice, but could also try something like one of the plug-in electronic pest repellers.

I'm using the typical Victor wooden/spring traps. I don't like the sticky ones or the poison.

Get yourself a cat ... even if you just borrow it for a while. Even if it's not a mouser, they will smell the cat and scram.

Problem solved

if our pup wouldn't chase the cat around all the time (he just wants to play), then I would borrow my sister's cat or the girlfriend's mom's cat...

we may leave the dog with one of our parents this weekend and just have the cat chill for the weekend. not sure yet. Either way, the girlfriend sleeps during the day to work overnights at the hospital, and all she hears all day is the scurrying, and at night, that's all I hear too...driving us nuts!

It is very stressful and nobody gets it. I can't tell you how many times my wife and I have looked at each other and said, "Don't these people deal with people like us all the time?! How can they not ________?!" It's amazing.

My complaint. My daughter is going on six months without a seizure, the longest she has ever gone. I'm a believer in medical marijuana. We just found out that the jackass who owns the dispensary dicided that he is no longer going to provide pediactirc marijuana. He just happens to be one of Chris Christie's douchebag moneygrubbing buddies. He couldn't give a rats ass about helping people. He only cares about money and feels he doesn't want the "risk". Now we have to figure out where we are going next.

Your daughter's results are amazing. There has to be a way to make your experiences known. Families in your situation should be the face of legalization.

That sucks, swamp. But if it's the same stuff for kids as adults, can't you just buy the stuff for adults? Maybe there's some way your doc can re-word the Rx so you can still get it?

That wouldn't happen, they're pretty strick on who gets the cards. Getting weed isn't the problem. Getting weed that has been legally sanctioned by the state and has been tested and comes with a lable with all the percentages on it, so that there is some consistancy is the problem. I mean, I'm already making my own f####n' medicine FFS.

I guess I'm going to have to pick up one of those mass spectrometer thingys off Ebay. You're into the science thing, right? Is liquid chrometography really that hard to pickup?

That wouldn't happen, they're pretty strick on who gets the cards. Getting weed isn't the problem. Getting weed that has been legally sanctioned by the state and has been tested and comes with a lable with all the percentages on it, so that there is some consistancy is the problem. I mean, I'm already making my own f####n' medicine FFS.

I guess I'm going to have to pick up one of those mass spectrometer thingys off Ebay. You're into the science thing, right? Is liquid chrometography really that hard to pickup?

I mean is there a way your doc can write a medical marijuana Rx for your daughter specifying to use a certain dosage of the "adult" weed? Maybe not, but that would make life easier. And I wish I could tell you differently, but I know very little about LC/MS and the people here who do it tend to be kind of specialized. :( Probably has more to do with the cost and sensitivity of the equipment than the ability to train people, but still...

I mean is there a way your doc can write a medical marijuana Rx for your daughter specifying to use a certain dosage of the "adult" weed? Maybe not, but that would make life easier. And I wish I could tell you differently, but I know very little about LC/MS and the people here who do it tend to be kind of specialized. :( Probably has more to do with the cost and sensitivity of the equipment than the ability to train people, but still...

That's actually that most infuriating part of this. There is no actual distinction between the different strains from a prescription standpoint. Everyone is kinda just making it up as they go.

And I was just joking about getting mass spectrometer. The whole process has been trial and error anyway. If it comes to making meds from "street" weed, if it doesn't work as well at first, I'll just give her more. From my extensive, lifelong research, I have found that overdosing is virtually impossible.

That's actually that most infuriating part of this. There is no actual distinction between the different strains from a prescription standpoint. Everyone is kinda just making it up as they go.

And I was just joking about getting mass spectrometer. The whole process has been trial and error anyway. If it comes to making meds from "street" weed, if it doesn't work as well at first, I'll just give her more. From my extensive, lifelong research, I have found that overdosing is virtually impossible.

lol

mice. and lazy landlords

Rodent infestation is a health issue. You should be playing hardball with your landlord. And if that doesn't work you should contact your county offices and find out what your options are. I am fairly certain they are obligated by law to provide a safe, healthy living environment.

And if you want to get really aggressive about getting rid of those mice google up bucket trap. Very efficient, very effective. Very inexpensive to set up. I can vouch from personal experience how effective a well placed bucket trap can rid an area of small rodents.

X finally coming to pick up stuff Saturday, I have nothing against her just want to move on and die alone already

There is a satellite campus in town and because its IP range isn't the same is main campus they have all sorts of connection issues for IP authenticated databases. Found out a professor has been having a problem and he went straight to the director. Who then contacted my boss, who then contacted me. I am not in trouble but it is just like, why the hell wouldn't you just ask me first you dick. I am fairly certain the guys problem is easily fixed but screw it, lets make me look incompetent.

Rodent infestation is a health issue.

Check out the size of this rat.

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-26764929

I have plenty I could bitch about- insurance guy screwing me over, trying to change my existence from Ohio to NY, bla bla, but this is my main complaint. I've been working with the new TMNT designs of the show (they're not bad, took awhile to warm up to). But... this...

TURTLESPLOSION featuring Megan Fox looking clueless and out of breath, breasts heaving attractively as she vapidly looks into the face of... what the hell... is... that... the creepiest design of a humanoid turtle dude I've ever seen.... doesn't matter because BOOM transformer SPARKS notsohotcgi SMOKE FIRE LOUD NOISES screw your childhood, I'm going home.

http://youtu.be/nCjsWpM9zFU

I have plenty I could bitch about- insurance guy screwing me over, trying to change my existence from Ohio to NY, bla bla, but this is my main complaint. I've been working with the new TMNT designs of the show (they're not bad, took awhile to warm up to). But... this...

TURTLESPLOSION featuring Megan Fox looking clueless and out of breath, breasts heaving attractively as she vapidly looks into the face of... what the hell... is... that... the creepiest design of a humanoid turtle dude I've ever seen.... doesn't matter because BOOM transformer SPARKS notsohotcgi SMOKE FIRE LOUD NOISES screw your childhood, I'm going home.

Shut-up-and-take-my-money.jpg

Need to replace my chimney. Not the whole thing, just the exposed part above the roofline. Not really my complaint as it happens when you own a house built in 1870. My complaint is contractors. 1st, trying to get them to respond to your request for a quote, and 2nd, a $2000 variance between the highest quote and the lowest. Seriously? On a job where the winning bid (not the lowest btw) is in the $1800 range the spread among bids is about $2K?

That was some damn fine free association there.

Bill Fichtner as Shredder looks like just about the only redeeming quality of that one.

Edit: And hey, Mickey from Seinfeld plays Splinter.

Edited by shrader

Bill Fichtner as Shredder looks like just about the only redeeming quality of that one.

Edit: And hey, Mickey from Seinfeld plays Splinter.

That wont be enough to save this tire fire of a film project. They've already screwed up the origin story. And then cast Megan Fox as "pointless scared female lead 1", so I guess April O'Neil is dead.

I hate Michael Bay.

That wont be enough to save this tire fire of a film project. They've already screwed up the origin story. And then cast Megan Fox as "pointless scared female lead 1", so I guess April O'Neil is dead.

I hate Michael Bay.

April O'Neil is a personal hero of mine. And Casey Jones is one of my all time favorite characters. I wonder if they'll ruin him in this, too.

Just yikes.

I hate Michael Bay.

Did they take out the part where the mutated turtles have ninja weapons and fight bad guys?

Probably not. But I bet those ninja weapons make everything explode.

We're talking about characters who were created as a joke, picked up to market merchandise, and spent the first decade as a kids animated series, right?

It's not like we're talking about a comic book hero with decades of history.