Complaint Thursdays

LabattBlue

Took my car in to trade it in for a new lease. Discovered that the shop my insurance recommended me to use after my accident in January put the car back together wrong. So, I'm driving another rental car, waiting on insurance runaround, and generally feeling pretty sick of cars, insurance, and the whole shebang.

To continue the whine course today, most of my coworkers are at PAX East, which means I got stuck with a coworker's very large project not really in my field of expertise. Originally it was due in September. Then we're told last week it's needed this friday. I find out yesterday it's needed today. I'd been helping along all week, but my coworker (who is incredibly talented and tough to match) is a lot slower a worker than I'd thought soo.... it's behind. I worked 12 some hours on it yesterday before my retinas were fried, dreamt about it all night last night, and here at 11 AM haven't the foggiest clue what I'm doing or how I'm going to do it.

All of the coffee.

How the f*ck am I supposed to dress comfortable in the summertime without looking like:

1. A bro

2. A douche

3. A hipster

4. A 55 year old man?

:wacko:

What's wrong with shorts, a t-shirt, and a pair of sneakers? You work in a factory, right? I'd imagine the dress code would allow for that, although you may have to wear steel-toed shoes instead of sneakers.

What's wrong with shorts, a t-shirt, and a pair of sneakers? You work in a factory, right? I'd imagine the dress code would allow for that, although you may have to wear steel-toed shoes instead of sneakers.

At work isn't really an issue. We have uniforms. But I'm really tired of just rocking gym shorts and a white t-shirt all the time in the summer. I'm a sweaty guy so I want to be comfortable. But I always look like a schlub when I'm out with the girlfriend because she can just throw on a sun dress and look pulled together.

I wish I could wear a more classic look, like slacks and a sports shirt, something 50s style. But then I'll just look like Ace Ventura or a hipster. I don't want to look like I'm wearing a costume.

But I really just don't want to wear khaki shorts and a polo shirt. :yawn:

At work isn't really an issue. We have uniforms. But I'm really tired of just rocking gym shorts and a white t-shirt all the time in the summer. I'm a sweaty guy so I want to be comfortable. But I always look like a schlub when I'm out with the girlfriend because she can just throw on a sun dress and look pulled together.

I wish I could wear a more classic look, like slacks and a sports shirt, something 50s style. But then I'll just look like Ace Ventura or a hipster. I don't want to look like I'm wearing a costume.

A pair of lightweight cargo shorts (never, ever, gym shorts), nylon or light cotton would be best for the heat. A button-front seer-sucker or linen shirt. I love seer-sucker; I think it wears cooler than a t-shirt. Of course, I dress like I'm old according to my wife, but I think it's more like 45 than 55. :)

Edited by MattPie

A pair of lightweight cargo shorts (never, ever, gym shorts), nylon would be best for the heat. A button-front seer-sucker or linen shirt. I love seer-sucker; I think it wears cooler than a t-shirt. Of course, I dress like I'm old according to my wife, but I think it's more like 45 than 55. :)

I'm looking at shirt materials like that. Seersucker and linens. I want something that breathes well and doesn't show sweat.

I guess I'd rather dress like my grandpa than my dad, if you get my drift. :lol:

I'm looking at shirt materials like that. Seersucker and linens. I want something that breathes well and doesn't show sweat.

I guess I'd rather dress like my grandpa than my dad, if you get my drift. :lol:

Life is too short to give a damn how other people perceive your dress. Just choose the clothes you want and wear them.

You have to be dripping for seer-sucker to show, generally speaking. I remember my wife looking at me while we were in Cambodia, and saying, "wow, I finally understand those shirts, you barely look like you're sweating". It was 100 and 90%+ humidity, I assure you I was soaked.

You have to be dripping for seer-sucker to show, generally speaking. I remember my wife looking at me while we were in Cambodia, and saying, "wow, I finally understand those shirts, you barely look like you're sweating". It was 100 and 90%+ humidity, I assure you I was soaked.

Good testimonial :thumbsup:

I think Josie would have something to say about that ;)

Aw c'mon. If I cared that much we wouldn't work. Have I really ever said anything about it? If you stay in gym shorts and tshirts, you stay in gym shorts and tshirts. I'd rather you're comfortable than sweaty and grumpy. You're the one who wants to match my fabulous sundress/heels summer aesthetic. :D

Edited by Josie914

I have to dress business casual for my job which means the evil black socks and dress shoes along with slacks/dress pants and a button up shirt and the shirt is the least horrible part of it (only because I have to tuck it in). I've got a ton of those short sleeve button up plaid shirts and if you don't have to tuck them in they are very comfortable and don't get you too warm. Plus they don't really show your sweat thanks to the pattern even though most of them are pretty thin so I'd recommend them. I live down south so I sweat a lot too at times, especially when I've been drinking. I'd follow Matt as well and go with cargo shorts over gym shorts as well. The only time I wear gym shorts is either at the gym or when I'm bumming around the house but even then I'm usually wearing plaid pajama pants.

I think Josie would have something to say about that ;)

Youth. She likes you because of the choices you make, including clothes. Unless your inner d4rk wants to wear sun-dresses and pantyhone and Josie isn't into that sort of thing.

Edited by sizzlemeister

Revenue Canada electronic filing site shut down because they have a security breach.

It could be worse, I suppose. It could be April 30th and not April 10th.

That's part of the whole Heartbleed thing. Folks should read up on it, it can be fairly serious. I'm not going as far as saying the Internet is burning like some of the media is, but I wouldn't go out of my way to log into banking any whatnot for a few more days.