Complaint Thursdays

LabattBlue

Aw geez, feel better soon bio!

Crutches suck.

I'm avoiding using them as much as possible. I'm slow on them and people are surprisingly rude towards me when I'm crutching about. One stupid close range slapshot to the leg a bit above the ankle (that one inch where my skate boot and shin pad don't meet) and I'm out of commission for a few weeks. Luckily nothing is broken, but as the bone bruise tries to heal, it's constant stupid pain. I move my leg and it's like a neverending charlyhorse cramp. Hrrrnnnnggg!

Small potatoes in the grand scheme of things, and the cruddy weather is keeping the cabin fever a little more manageable, but grump.

Same to you! That sounds painful, and those are slow to heal from what I've heard. Surprised / disappointed that people are rude to someone on crutches!

Ah, there we go.

Had dental implant surgery yesterday morning. This was supposed to be the easier of the two procedures (first was tooth extraction), but so far I disagree. Wishing I'd opted for general anesthesia over local, since it was kinda freaky feeling them drilling a hole in my jaw and watching them stitch everything shut after. Thought I'd be fine with just ibuprofen since that's all I needed before, but somewhere around 6:30pm the last of the 800 mg tablet they had me take before the surgery must have worn off because my jaw started to HURT. Hydrocodone killed the pain but left me feeling like I was gonna hurl. Stuck taking antibiotics for 10 days (3x/day), plus using an antibacterial mouth rinse that leaves a lovely aftertaste. That side of my face is puffy. And there's a small extra length of suture lassoed around the neighboring tooth and sticking up where my tongue keeps finding it that's taking a serious amount of self-control to leave alone. Bah. Can't wait to be done with all this.

Oh yeah, and the local ski resort is closing on Sunday, so I may only get out one more time this season if I'm lucky. :(

I learned the lesson the hard way when I had my knee scoped a couple years back that you should just take the pain medicine the first day well ahead of time instead of waiting. I was walking around for about 5 hours completely ignoring the crutches they told me to use. All of a sudden at dinner time when I got up off the couch, the surgery meds had completely worn off. Any movement I made shot pain right through that knee. I don't remember how long it lasted until the pill I took at that point actually took effect, but it was not a fun time. And this was a fairly routine minor surgery. I don't even want to know what people who go through legitimate surgeries have to deal with.

I learned the lesson the hard way when I had my knee scoped a couple years back that you should just take the pain medicine the first day well ahead of time instead of waiting. I was walking around for about 5 hours completely ignoring the crutches they told me to use. All of a sudden at dinner time when I got up off the couch, the surgery meds had completely worn off. Any movement I made shot pain right through that knee. I don't remember how long it lasted until the pill I took at that point actually took effect, but it was not a fun time. And this was a fairly routine minor surgery. I don't even want to know what people who go through legitimate surgeries have to deal with.

Yeouch. I did that when I had the extraction (took a hydrocodone right when I got home to be safe), but I ended up not feeling much pain at all then so I figured this would be the same. I had taken 400 mg ibuprofen each at 1pm and 6pm (and I thought the 800 mg from 9am had long since worn off), but I was wrong... probably would've hurt way worse if I hadn't already taken the ibuprofen 30 min. before the other stuff wore off. Thankfully haven't needed the narcotics since then.

Fred Phelps died and now I have to find someone new to hate.

Take heart; his jackass progeny live on.

Take heart; his jackass progeny live on.

I believe the best course of action to take at behest of his death is not to picket his funeral or dance on his grave, but to donate to or start a charity in his name for the troops, vets, lgbtq community, or any other set he spewed hatred against. Truly spite the man's earthly actions and do some good.

"In memory of Fred Phelps of Westboro Baptist Church- this generous donation has been made to _____________."

Informal poll, choose one:

• Everyone should ignore his funeral
  • People should picket his funeral
  • WBC should picket his funeral :)

The decent human being in me thinks we should just ignore it.

The sadistic ###### in me would love to see his funeral picketed for DAYS. And I'm not talking peaceful protest either. I'm talking Rob Halford in a monster truck doing donuts on his grave.

We should ignore them. They only want attention.

The decent human being in me thinks we should just ignore it.

The sadistic ###### in me would love to see his funeral picketed for DAYS. And I'm not talking peaceful protest either. I'm talking Rob Halford in a monster truck doing donuts on his grave.

I agree with both of these, lol.

Just followed Josie's recommendation and donated to GLAAD in memory of Fred. They even let me put in the WBC address so they can send a thank you note.

It's 3701 SW 12th St, Topeka, KS 66604 if anyone is interested.

My complaint for this week is the Kirch Developmental Services Center at Golisano Children's Hospital.

We have been trying for 4 months to get the paperwork and referrals in order to get our son set up for a diagnostic evaluation and official diagnosis. These things are critical for his ongoing services and therapy. We finally (thought we) had everything in order, and our service coordinator gave us a number at Strong to call and do the "Parent Intake". So my wife calls, introduces herself, and says she was told she needs to do the "Parent Intake". The lady on the other end LITERALLY LAUGHS at her, and says, "Your no where near the intake yet". She then explains that there is an entire additional round of paperwork and referrals. My wife then asks if she knew the cost for the evaluation. For some reason at this point the lady completely went off about how they "weren't even going to look at [our son] until they know how they're going to get paid."

This entire process (not just strong, the whole dealing with autism as a parent thing) is extremely stressful, especially for a mom. They have to know this, yet there is no compassion what-so-ever. My wife was in tears by the time she hung up. Our pediatrician had warned us, but they (Kirch) are essentially the only game in town. If we had any other option to provide our son with the things he needs to be successful, I'd be marching into Kirch tomorrow to explain to them terrible they are. Alas, I can't give them what's coming if it will hurt our son, so I get to eat my frustration, and fill out more forms.

Edited by Glass Case Of Emotion

Just followed Josie's recommendation and donated to GLAAD in memory of Fred. They even let me put in the WBC address so they can send a thank you note.

My complaint for this week is the Kirch Developmental Services Center at Golisano Children's Hospital.

We have been trying for 4 months to get the paperwork and referrals in order to get our son set up for a diagnostic evaluation and official diagnosis. These things are critical for his ongoing services and therapy. We finally (thought we) had everything in order, and our service coordinator gave us a number at Strong to call and do the "Parent Intake". So my wife calls, introduces herself, and says she was told she needs to do the "Parent Intake". The lady on the other end LITERALLY LAUGHS at her, and says, "Your no where near the intake yet". She then explains that there is an entire additional round of paperwork and referrals. My wife then asks if she knew the cost for the evaluation. For some reason at this point the lady completely went off about how they "weren't even going to look at [our son] until they know how they're going to get paid."

This entire process (not just strong, the whole dealing with autism as a parent thing) is extremely stressful, especially for a mom. They have to know this, yet there is no compassion what-so-ever. My wife was in tears by the time she hung up. Our pediatrician had warned us, but they (Kirch) are essentially the only game in town. If we had any other option to provide our son with the things he needs to be successful, I'd be marching into Kirch tomorrow to explain to them terrible they are. Alas, I can't give them what's coming if it will hurt our son, so I get to eat my frustration, and fill out more forms.

The first part of your post is awesome.

For the second part, you and your wife have my sympathies. It's awful that the people who should be helping you through this are not only unhelpful but seemingly mean-spirited. I hope things improve on that front for you.

Glaad to hear it! I'm throwing a few bucks the You Can Play Project way in his honor. I'll search out a veteran related one later as well I think.

I'm sorry to hear the medical people are being so cold. It's just a job to the phone people sometimes I think. I hope you summit the paper mountain soon, best of luck with it!

Sorry for your troubles, GCOE.

I will keep you, your wife and all your family in my thoughts and prayer. As you may know I pray at 5 official times during the day, so that's a lot. I just said an additional prayer now.

Are there any private psychologists around your parts that specialize in this field? Insurance should cover it.

Sorry for your troubles, GCOE.

I will keep you, your wife and all your family in my thoughts and prayer. As you may know I pray at 5 official times during the day, so that's a lot. I just said an additional prayer now.

Are there any private psychologists around your parts that specialize in this field? Insurance should cover it.

Thank you.

Everyone (therapists, pediatrician, service coordinator, school district) just keeps telling us that the only place to go in the area for an "official" (whatever that means) clinical diagnosis is Kirch. As long as the medical staff are better to work with than the administrative staff, we'll survive.

Our insurance will cover it, but we have a "high deductible" plan, so I'd like to know the cost so I can calculate my out-of-pocket, and set that money aside.

Thank you.

Everyone (therapists, pediatrician, service coordinator, school district) just keeps telling us that the only place to go in the area for an "official" (whatever that means) clinical diagnosis is Kirch. As long as the medical staff are better to work with than the administrative staff, we'll survive.

Our insurance will cover it, but we have a "high deductible" plan, so I'd like to know the cost so I can calculate my out-of-pocket, and set that money aside.

Medical receptionists, billers, and other red tape types are ######. Sorry that you're dealing with them.

Great idea on the donations.

Thank you.

It is very stressful and nobody gets it. I can't tell you how many times my wife and I have looked at each other and said, "Don't these people deal with people like us all the time?! How can they not ________?!" It's amazing.

My complaint. My daughter is going on six months without a seizure, the longest she has ever gone. I'm a believer in medical marijuana. We just found out that the jackass who owns the dispensary dicided that he is no longer going to provide pediactirc marijuana. He just happens to be one of Chris Christie's douchebag moneygrubbing buddies. He couldn't give a rats ass about helping people. He only cares about money and feels he doesn't want the "risk". Now we have to figure out where we are going next.

My complaint. My daughter is going on six months without a seizure, the longest she has ever gone. I'm a believer in medical marijuana. We just found out that the jackass who owns the dispensary dicided that he is no longer going to provide pediactirc marijuana. He just happens to be one of Chris Christie's douchebag moneygrubbing buddies. He couldn't give a rats ass about helping people. He only cares about money and feels he doesn't want the "risk". Now we have to figure out where we are going next.

If you don't mind my asking, I'm curious what "pediatric marijuana" means. I have next to no knowledge about marijuana, so explain it like I'm five- is it just a strain that's lower on THC or simply smaller amounts? Does the fact it's intended for children affect the reason why the dispensary dude is no longer selling it?

If you don't mind my asking, I'm curious what "pediatric marijuana" means. I have next to no knowledge about marijuana, so explain it like I'm five- is it just a strain that's lower on THC or simply smaller amounts? Does the fact it's intended for children affect the reason why the dispensary dude is no longer selling it?

Simply put, weed for kids. it's the same stuff.

We have been waiting for them to make availabe a strain that is very high in CBD but very low in THC, that is good for seizures. In the meantime, though, we have been using a process that uses very high THC weed to make a tincture (which I'm not quite sure is legal to make but don't care). The final product is a tincture that has THCA (non decarboxilized THC) which is not psychoactive and also good for seizures (as I can attest to).

We have been waiting for them to make availabe a strain that is very high in CBD but very low in THC, that is good for seizures. In the meantime, though, we have been using a process that uses very high THC weed to make a tincture (which I'm not quite sure is legal to make but don't care). The final product is a tincture that has THCA (non decarboxilized THC) which is not psychoactive and also good for seizures (as I can attest to).

Have you read about epidiolex? http://www.gwpharm.com/Epidiolex.aspx

Ahhh ok. Thanks for the explanation! Best of luck finding the right stuff!

Have you read about epidiolex? http://www.gwpharm.com/Epidiolex.aspx

I have. When the right people give enough money to the right other people in order for the FDA to approve it in 15 years, I'll give it to my daughter. Until then it's just me, my grain alcohol, and my graduated cylinder.

Oh,.. and the pot.

I have. When the right people give enough money to the right other people in order for the FDA to approve it in 15 years, I'll give it to my daughter. Until then it's just me, my grain alcohol, and my graduated cylinder.

Oh,.. and the pot.

The FDA is such a ###### ###### show.

mice. and lazy landlords

My girlfriend and I have a mouse infestation. It doesn't matter how many I catch (6 so far + 1 missing trap, so potentially 7 if whatever was attached to the trap died), they keep on coming. It's not that traps are expensive, but a pest control person or something better than traps may be better, but my landlady keeps telling me to just keep using the traps and that in the spring and summer, they'll go away...

not when there is an endless supply of insulation in the house, attic and crawlspace. They got into our dog's treat bag too!! :censored: :censored: