Complaint Thursdays

Topic will be automatically locked at 03:59 AM

LabattBlue

A pair of lightweight cargo shorts (never, ever, gym shorts), nylon or light cotton would be best for the heat. A button-front seer-sucker or linen shirt. I love seer-sucker; I think it wears cooler than a t-shirt. Of course, I dress like I'm old according to my wife, but I think it's more like 45 than 55. :)

By "button'front shirt" do you mean that the buttons go the full length of the shirt and not just the collar? If that's the case, I can see why the wife is labeling that paired with shorts as an old guy look.

Stephen Colbert leaving comedy central to take over for Letterman on CBS. I liked the Colbert Report :(

I'm more disappointed that Dave is retiring, not because that I watch Late Night anymore, but because this likely means the end of the line for Letterman impersonator 'Evil Dave' on Stern. I can't post YouTube videos at work, but search Evil Dave & Stern...comedy gold.

Stephen Colbert leaving comedy central to take over for Letterman on CBS. I liked the Colbert Report :(

Wow, that's crazy. I wonder how much of the Report stuff will get carried over.

By "button'front shirt" do you mean that the buttons go the full length of the shirt and not just the collar? If that's the case, I can see why the wife is labeling that paired with shorts as an old guy look.

Yep. A casual, button shirt. For example:

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/91pKoMFd97L._SL1500_.jpg

I like Polos (I have one on right now), but realistically they're adult T-shirts. They feel more business casual than casual to me, and they too seem strange with shorts.

adults that choose to act like children at work. seriously! I didn't sign a set of calipers out (because they belong in my lab anyways) and the technician in the adjoining lab got pissed about it, so to spite me, he threw my test reports out that I had printed but hadn't gotten over to grab off the printer yet. He then acted like a child about the whole incident telling me that had I just followed the rules, he would've too.

you're 40+ years old...are you ###### shitting with me?! And I can't complain to anyone above me about this individual because it will get turned back on me that I can't play nice with others...not that this guy is a loose cannon and a complete ass.

so glad today is my Friday. I cannot take any more this week! :censored: :wallbash:

adults that choose to act like children at work. seriously! I didn't sign a set of calipers out (because they belong in my lab anyways) and the technician in the adjoining lab got pissed about it, so to spite me, he threw my test reports out that I had printed but hadn't gotten over to grab off the printer yet. He then acted like a child about the whole incident telling me that had I just followed the rules, he would've too.

you're 40+ years old...are you ###### shitting with me?! And I can't complain to anyone above me about this individual because it will get turned back on me that I can't play nice with others...not that this guy is a loose cannon and a complete ass.

so glad today is my Friday. I cannot take any more this week! :censored: :wallbash:

You should look him in the face and tell him to ###### off.

That's how I dress every day. I guess I'm old.

Viacom owns CBS and Comedy Central. Everything from the Colbert Report will move to Late Night. Including the Character. It will be a nice contrast to the aww-shucks nice guy jimmies.

How closely do Viacom and CBS work together? I've been looking up that stuff a bit today and I never realized that they are now two separately traded corporations as of 2006.

That's how I dress every day. I guess I'm old.

Knee-high socks?

How closely do Viacom and CBS work together? I've been looking up that stuff a bit today and I never realized that they are now two separately traded corporations as of 2006.

National Amusements owns about 80% of each company. So effectively, they are the same. The issue would be if they weren't, Viacom could sue CBS if CBS started using elements of the Report. Remember when Letterman left NBC for CBS, NBC sued for use of the "Top Ten List". They lost that one, but I'd expect things like "The Word" and "Tip of the Hat, Wag of the Finger" would have been harder to move if they weren't the same parent company.

Got told a certain IP address problem was going to be fixed. Then got fed a line of BS about the problems that existed before and why it took me saying it was unacceptable to get it fixed. The vendors may want more money? Really? Tell them to screw off they get paid based on number of users not number of IP addresses.

You should look him in the face and tell him to ###### off.

I really wish I could without stirring the pot too much. Our departments are already having communication issues as it is, and mine is like the bastard child that nobody pays attention to, but we consistently beat our goals and overachieve just to get noticed...which we in turn get a "next month we expect more" instead of a great job... :censored:

I like what I do...I can't stand some of the people that are here tho! gonna find that anywhere I guess though.

National Amusements owns about 80% of each company. So effectively, they are the same. The issue would be if they weren't, Viacom could sue CBS if CBS started using elements of the Report. Remember when Letterman left NBC for CBS, NBC sued for use of the "Top Ten List". They lost that one, but I'd expect things like "The Word" and "Tip of the Hat, Wag of the Finger" would have been harder to move if they weren't the same parent company.

I was only 10 at the time, so unfortunately I don't remember that. ;)

Hope you're feeling better, CSB.

I'm woefully behind on SS news between work, travel, and more work the last few weeks. And speaking of work, they decided to roll out a new HR policy requiring all employees (not just those in the hospital) to have the following:

• Pennsylvania State Police Criminal History Check

• National Sex and Violent Offender Registry Check

• Pennsylvania Child Abuse History Clearance

• Federal Criminal History Report

Now I have nothing to hide personally, and I can understand some kind of check as a condition of employment, but they're doing this even on people who have been here for years, and the PA child abuse one (FU, Sandusky) requires us to list every address we've held SINCE 1975, as well as everyone with whom we have lived (excluding college roommates, for some reason) during that time. Whyinthehell do they need all that information from the last 39 years, which includes my entire life and places my parents would have lived when I was an infant that I don't even know firsthand about. And I'm just supposed to take them at their word that they aren't running checks on any of the other people you list as co-habitants. Really? If you don't plan to use it, why are you even asking? And this info goes to our HR dept before getting sent out to the relevant agencies who complete the checks, so it becomes part of our personnel file. The whole thing feels unnecessary and more than a little intrusive.

Edited by biodork

Bio, good luck pulling up some of your old college addresses. I know I wouldn't be able to get those.

And this one really isn't a complaint, but more of a "I can't believe I saw that". I was at CVS this morning and a guy was in the aisle putting on deodorant.

Well, the surgery went fairly well, was released Saturday afternoon. Was planning to back to work Tuesday, but Monday night I broke out in a rash and ran a101 fever all night. Called the doctor Tuesday morning and was admitted back to the hospital. Been here since Tuesday at 9 am. Turns out I developed an abscess, and some of the infection got into my blood stream. They had to insert a drain, which will stay for about two weeks, and give me a cocktail of high powered antibiotics. Looks like I'm finally heading home this afternoon. This whole thing has been such a pain, and my boss calls daily to bother me with work questions.

Bio, good luck pulling up some of your old college addresses. I know I wouldn't be able to get those.

And this one really isn't a complaint, but more of a "I can't believe I saw that". I was at CVS this morning and a guy was in the aisle putting on deodorant.

It's not even just that; my family lived at 4 different addresses when I was between the ages of maybe 4 and 20, plus at least 2 before that I was too young to know of. And I've had 6 different addresses by myself since then. I fail to see how any of that information is relevant to their searches. Maybe the last 5-10 years or something, but to request 39 years worth of details? Either I have a record or I don't; where I lived and who with has no bearing on that and I don't feel comfortable giving them so much information on my family.

And yikes, CSB! Feel better, man.