2023 trade speculation and rumors

Eleven

On 2/1/2023 at 9:18 AM, Taro T said:

Devin Levi has a FORTY INCH waist.  That is crazy large for a 6' tall athlete.

Who is he Jerome Bettis? 

Devin Levi has a FORTY INCH waist.  That is crazy large for a 6' tall athlete.

That is an insanely large waist for 6 feet. I wonder if that’s even accurate. Like if he wasn’t in shape, sure, but I can only assume he is 

John Cena has a 36 inch waist 

On 2/3/2023 at 5:42 AM, steveoath said:

Good player. What's his injury history though? Anything that could be an issue in future?

He has only played over 60 games 4 times in his 15 year career. If he’s cheap enough and doesn’t cost anything, he’d be good depth, but wouldn’t count on him to put a full season in (done so only once).  Plus he makes $5.25M and has a M-NTC (but maybe VGK don’t know this). 

• Haha (+1) 2

I hear  CBJ defenseman Vladislav Gavrikov might be available. He's a lefty and a shutdown defenseman, 6'3 and 27 year old vet. Salary is 4.2 million and cap hit is 2.8 million for this season. Except for lefty, I like everything here. 

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=gavrikov+highlights

From ca sports.yahoo:

Vladislav Gavrikov would be a welcome addition to the Maple Leafs blue line, he’s been quietly terrific for a Blue Jackets team that falls apart when he’s not on the ice. He currently has a $2.8-million cap hit and is slated to become an unrestricted free agent, where you can bet Toronto’s market size and status as a leading contender will certainly have some appeal. He stays at home, he can play in all situations and he can provide some more balance to a stellar Maple Leafs defense that hasn’t got the best out of Rielly and will almost certainly be missing Muzzin.

Edited by Quint

Devin Levi has a FORTY INCH waist.

This just sounds like a mistake in translating metric to English units to me.  But maybe he really does.

On 2/2/2023 at 5:18 PM, Thorny said:

That is an insanely large waist for 6 feet.

Not for the majority of Americans it isn't.

Martin Tv Show Im Fat GIF by Martin

On 1/26/2023 at 9:51 AM, Eleven said:

I think that McCabe could be the piece the Sabres are missing to get into the playoffs.  And his salary isn't exorbitant enough that they'd need Chicago to retain.  I'd do it for the 2nd and B-level guy.  I'd even give them Vegas's second, which, if the Sabres get McCabe, might be a better pick.  Or they can take choice.

I don't want anybody from "then". Too much baggage and I don't want any of it coming back to this locker room. Once you've cleaned house you don't sweep things back in.

Gavrikov might have bad metrics but he is on a bad team. He's a true rental that fits the role but I doubt very much Sabres want that. 

The Karlsson thing isn't crazy. Not necessarily a good idea, I flip flop on it myself, but he was/is Dahlin's idol as I remember Dahlin saying when we drafted him so pairing them together would be a dream for Dahlin. 

7 hours ago, LGR4GM said:

His possession metrics are terrifyingly bad. 39.9cf% and a -11.5 for xgf. Vladislav Gavrikov sounds like someone who struggles to gain possession and transition the puck up ice.

I really don't get the appeal besides having an other body incase of injuries hit your defense.   Which is why Toronto makes sense I guess.

Attached is a link of an article from the Buff News by Ryan O'Halloran. The article dealt with the opinion of Kevin Weekes about the Sabres. He talks about players such as Dahlin, Tuch, Cozens and our veteran group. Much of this article deals with what is discussed here. Nothing really new but insightful about how this team is being reconstructed and its upward trajectory. 

https://buffalonews.com/sports/sabres/sabres-commitment-to-doing-unsavory-things-to-win-stands-out-to-analyst-kevin-weekes/article_9c99ce6c-a3fb-11ed-b4fc-3b12b6260c27.html#tracking-source=home-sports

• Like (+1) 1

Some clown in the interwebs says that he has heard someone's uncle tell his brother to tell his neice to tell her cousin that they may have heard through the grapevine that the Panthers may be looking to trade Samson back to the Sabres.

I'll see it when I believe it, eh.

e(-3.89)

• Haha (+1) 3

1 hour ago, Sabres Fan in NS said:

Some clown in the interwebs says that he has heard someone's uncle tell his brother to tell his neice to tell her cousin that they may have heard through the grapevine that the Panthers may be looking to trade Samson back to the Sabres.

e(-3.89)

This is example of the “laundering” of unsubstantiated rumors. Someone posts to a message board. People start talking about it on Twitter. Some Eckkund type picks it up. Suddenly Sabres have supposedly “reached out.” E3. Finally it becomes a “friend of a friend” story.

Epilogue: Inkman posts something incredulous.

• Haha (+1) 2
  • Thanks (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Sabres Fan in NS said:

e(-3.89)

Someone check on Paul Hamilton stat.😂

2 hours ago, Doohickie said:

Sampson was too close to Ground Zero of the toxic locker room.  He was one of the Big Three Kevyn moved when he cleaned house (Reino, Risto and Eich).

1 hour ago, tom webster said:

This is example of the “laundering” of unsubstantiated rumors. Someone posts to a message board. People start talking about it on Twitter. Some Eckkund type picks it up. Suddenly Sabres have supposedly “reached out.” E3. Finally it becomes a “friend of a friend” story.

Epilogue: Inkman posts something incredulous.

I tried fighting this battle years ago.  I lost.  People want to include unsubstantiated nonsense as if it came from Darren Dregger without any basis in reality.  Because “it’s fun”.   Sure it is. 

• Thanks (+1) 1

2 hours ago, JohnC said:

Attached is a link of an article from the Buff News by Ryan O'Halloran. The article dealt with the opinion of Kevin Weekes about the Sabres. He talks about players such as Dahlin, Tuch, Cozens and our veteran group. Much of this article deals with what is discussed here. Nothing really new but insightful about how this team is being reconstructed and its upward trajectory. 

https://buffalonews.com/sports/sabres/sabres-commitment-to-doing-unsavory-things-to-win-stands-out-to-analyst-kevin-weekes/article_9c99ce6c-a3fb-11ed-b4fc-3b12b6260c27.html#tracking-source=home-sports

Whenever someone I respect talks about what this team needs, the third item after another defensemen, a goalie(unless 6K continues to develop) is a physical presence at forward. I know some don’t agree with me, but this is the biggest reason I think Mitts is the odd man out. There is no other forward in the current top 12 they are going to sit this year barring injury.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.