2023 trade speculation and rumors

Eleven

17 minutes ago, Taro T said:

The Sabres need somebody to make Bryson and Clague only injury replacements.  An upgrade at F is more of a luxury.

In the DeDominicis interview on WGR talking about trades he made the point that one of the majority benefits of trading for Jensen is that he would take much of the playing time away from Bryson and Clague. Exactly the same point that you made in your post. 🍷

• Like (+1) 2

2 hours ago, Taro T said:

The Sabres need somebody to make Bryson and Clague only injury replacements.  An upgrade at F is more of a luxury.

I just disagree. I don't see it as a luxury. Most of the times we see a lapse in D, it's a forward who has completely missed an assignment and left a guy wide open. Not the D's fault.

We've got two guys that haven't even scratched what they are going to become, who will most likely be playing half of games (ala the Niedermayer and Pronger Ducks). Mule and Joker can fill another twentyish. The next two will probably always be the same guy.

I want tougher more defensive minded forwards who know how to score and play D. We've got some growing already. Maybe it's just me, but I want even more.

Edited by SwampD
  • Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, SwampD said:

I just disagree. I don't see it as a luxury. Most of the times we see a lapse in D, it's a forward who has completely missed an assignment and left a guy wide open. Not the D's fault.

We've got two guys that haven't even scratched what they are going to become, who will most likely be playing half of games (ala the Niedermayer and Pronger Ducks). Mule and Joker can fill another twentyish. The next two will probably always the same guy.

I want tougher more defensive minded forwards who know how to score and play D. We've got some growing already. Maybe it's just me, but I want even more.

While I agree with you that we need more tougher defensive minded forwards, I do feel that Bryson is simply bad.  He's a minus-18 with no other defenseman even close (Boosh is -1 I believe, Clague is an even 0 +/-.  Plus minus can be misleading sometimes, but I don't think it is here with respect to Bryson.  Granted Stillman is a minus as well, but he's not alone on the Canucks.  Therefore, I maintain hope he can be an improvement vs. Bryson.

I look at the trade deadline like this:

This is a lineup as I see Adams more or less committed to for next year

• Skinner Thompson Tuch
  • XXX Cozens Quinn
  • Peterka Krebs XXX
  • Girgensons YYY YYY
  • Samuelsson Dahlin
  • Power ZZZ/Jokiharju
  • Jokiharju/ZZZ Lybushkin
  • ???
  • ???

Right now, the candidates for:

• XXX are Okposo, Mittelstadt and Olofsson,
  • YYY Jost, Okposo and Asplund,
  • ZZZ Johnson, Stillman, Bryson, Clague
  • ??? Luukkonen Comrie

I'm interested in any trade that maintains that 1st depth chart while upgrading any of the candidates for open spots.

I don't want Brock Boeser because he's not playing on the 4th line and he's not better than Olofsson or Mitts.

But I'd love any defenceman as good or better than Jokiharju and any goalie as good or better than UPL.

Edited by dudacek
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

21 minutes ago, dudacek said:

I look at the trade deadline like this:

This is a lineup as I see Adams more or less committed to for next year

• Skinner Thompson Tuch
  • XXX Cozens Quinn
  • Peterka Krebs XXX
  • Girgensons YYY YYY
  • Samuelsson Dahlin
  • Power ZZZ/Jokiharju
  • Jokiharju/ZZZ Lybushkin
  • ???
  • ???

Right now, the candidates for:

• XXX are Okposo, Mittelstadt and Olofsson,
  • YYY Jost, Okposo and Asplund,
  • ZZZ Johnson, Stillman, Bryson, Clague
  • ??? Luukkonen Comrie

I'm interested in any trade that maintains that 1st depth chart while upgrading any of the candidates for open spots.

I don't want Brock Boeser because he's not playing on the 4th line and he's not better than Olofsson or Mitts.

But I'd love any defenceman as good or better than Mittelstadt and any goalie as good or better than UPL.

Boeser is such an interesting case. He basically spawned into the league as 50 point guy and has stayed at just about..50 point guy. Good consistency, but I wonder if he ever gets one more later career jump 

agreed in full w/ your breakdown but reaction upgraded from “like” to “Cup” for obvious, Quinn related reasons 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.