Around The NHL 2022-23 Regular Season

Brawndo

1 hour ago, Hank said:

Tolvanen finally got into a game and got a goal. Really surprised Seattle kept him in the press box for so long, anyone in the pacific NW heard anything about why they claimed him but haven't been playing him?

His game generally lacks on the defensive side and they wanted him to learn the team system. having lost a couple they inserted him to add to the offense and it did. 

27 minutes ago, JohninMinn. said:

Who did we get for Ullmark? He just won the winter classic for Boston.

Fun game and general vibe. The opening "puck pitch" was cute, and Orr sent it straight down the plate 🙂

Bruins haters should at least relish the fact that the result was better for our playoff chances, long shot as they might be. 

1 hour ago, Porous Five Hole said:

Tristan Jarry was injured in the winter classic today. That bears monitoring as the Pens (losing today makes it five losses in a row) are a team the Sabres are chasing. 

I thought I saw DeSmith out there?  Or maybe that was just the pre-game walk.

5 hours ago, sweetlou said:

TNT

5 hours ago, LTS said:

TNT game.

I’m assuming TNT isn’t a regular channel, because I couldn’t find it on TV. 

Why wouldn’t the NHL put a game they spend so much money on, on a regular major channel?

Edited by Andrew Amerk

19 minutes ago, Andrew Amerk said:

Why wouldn’t the NHL put a game they spend so much money on, on a regular major channel?

I Agree but nothing the NHL does makes sense when you think about it. 

• Agree 1

12 hours ago, Andrew Amerk said:

11 hours ago, bunomatic said:

I Agree but nothing the NHL does makes sense when you think about it. 

Exactly. We are talking about a league where you need ESPN, TNT, USA, ESPN+, MSG, and NHLN to watch all your teams games. 

• Like (+1) 2

Ullmark must have been thrilled to be part of the Bruins' ceremony. Very rich in tradition. The Bruins walked out dressed like old-time Red Sox playersThis kind of thing never happens in Buffalo because we are relatively new to major league sports. . It was a treat. But of course it means more in Buffalo.

12 hours ago, Andrew Amerk said:

I’m pretty sure that TNT is a part of most packages. I have Sling and it’s in their basic offering.

33 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

Exactly. We are talking about a league where you need ESPN, TNT, USA, ESPN+, MSG, and NHLN to watch all your teams games. 

It’s not like it was a Sabres game, though. People act like historically we could see every game and certainly not out of market games. We couldn’t. There were always radio only games every so often. 

I don’t think you need USA anymore.

2 hours ago, LGR4GM said:

This is the same for most sports, except the NFL, and it too is rapidly changing the platform which you can view it.  Google/YouTube and Amazon Prime winning bids in the last year.  How will these two companies monetize Thursday Night Football and what was formerly known as The Sunday Ticket remains to be seen.  Local markets lost MLB with the advent of NESN and YES networks, which require a basic cable plan.  The NBA has a minimal number of games on ABC, and reserve most of their prime time events to ESPN and TNT.  World Series and NBA Final is still “free” but for how much longer?

18 hours ago, Andrew Amerk said:

It's not part of FuboTV.. but I believe nearly every other provider has it.  Fubo has no Turner stations (TNT, TBS, CNN, etc.)

1 hour ago, Eleven said:

Any interest in Vrana (on waivers)?

33 minutes ago, Buffalonill said:

Hell yes what are the red wings doing .

Buffalo needs to do this 

19 minutes ago, thewookie1 said:

I don't see a good reason not to besides his injury issues

According to Detroit fans on HFBoards, he is in some kind of NHLPA support program.  That may or may not be a massive red flag.

2 hours ago, Buffalonill said:
2 hours ago, Eleven said:

Any interest in Vrana (on waivers)?

Hell yes what are the red wings doing .

Buffalo needs to do this 

1 hour ago, thewookie1 said:

I don't see a good reason not to besides his injury issues

He's also been in the Player Assistance Program.

I think he's going Patrik Berglund.

• Thanks (+1) 2

1 minute ago, Buffalonill said:

Thats a shame hes a good player maybe hes home sick.

I can actually see a scenario where the Sabres claim him and it works well, but they'd have to do some roster gymnastics to make it work.  If Kevyn thinks he can sign him as a free agent after contract termination maybe he'll try to go that path and save a few mill. 

But if the Player Assistance Program was due to some kind of addiction issue, I can see where Adams would run away.  I trust Kevyn's judgment far more than I trust my own in matters like that.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.