Around The NHL 2022-23 Regular Season

Brawndo

On 1/8/2023 at 7:32 PM, LGR4GM said:

Great example of a team panicking and ruining what they had going. Should have never fired their coach or made the Tkachuk trade. 

Florida had great chemistry last year.  Lots of players that they drafted and developed came together, others that they acquired (Verhaege, Montour, Reinhart, Bennett, Duclair) all had their best years so far.  Never understood the coaching change, things were working for them.  

They traded Huberdeau, Weegar, a prospect and a conditional 1st rounder.   Tkachuk is playing well even though the team isn't.   For Calgary, Huberdeau is missing his old line mates and is off his normal scoring pace.    Weegar is good but also off his pace of last year.  

Reinhart was very good for them last year.  This year he had returned to his Sabre-like production - projects to 24 goals, 50 points..  Same with Bennet who has also returned to his pre-Florida production.   

16 hours ago, Eleven said:

"Hey Sam.  We've got this guy Casey who kind of sux.  We think we can foist him on Florida for you.  Whaddya say?"

There was a time when the team was under Eichel and Reinhart leadership - no matter who else had a letter.   This team now belongs to Kyle, Dahlin, Thompson, Tuch, and Cozens right now - no matter who else has a letter.   

Bringing Sam back might not be a great move.  Besides, I seriously doubt he wants to come back.   

His next stop is the Western Conference.  

12 minutes ago, Pimlach said:

There was a time when the team was under Eichel and Reinhart leadership - no matter who else had a letter.   This team now belongs to Kyle, Dahlin, Thompson, Tuch, and Cozens right now - no matter who else has a letter.   

Bringing Sam back might not be a great move.  Besides, I seriously doubt he wants to come back.   

His next stop is the Western Conference.  

I don't think Reinhart was seen as a leader by anyone, including himself.

I do agree that he'll be out west soon.

• Like (+1) 1

49 minutes ago, Pimlach said:

Reinhart was very good for them last year.  This year he had returned to his Sabre-like production - projects to 24 goals, 50 points..  Same with Bennet who has also returned to his pre-Florida production.   

I'm wondering if Reinhart is nursing some sort of injury.

Its not just his raw production.  I try to look at production stats for where a player ranks, not just the raw numbers. Scoring has been going up and up almost for the last decade, but it has been accelerating the past 2 years quite a bit.  Someone scoring 25 goals 3-4 years ago is a bit more impressive than doing it this season. 

With Sam, he has been scoring a bit more lately, but he's tied for 130th in the league in points.  88th in goals.  161st in assists.  And that is with not missing many (or any) games and getting top line ice time and he's on the 1st Powerplay team for them.

Again, I wouldn't be surprised if he is playing though an injury. But If I was a big fan or follower of the Panthers, as the 3rd highest paid forward on the team at 27 years of age (in his prime), he would be the #1 guy I want to see increase production the rest of the year.

• Haha (+1) 1

2 hours ago, mjd1001 said:

I'm wondering if Reinhart is nursing some sort of injury.

Its not just his raw production.  I try to look at production stats for where a player ranks, not just the raw numbers. Scoring has been going up and up almost for the last decade, but it has been accelerating the past 2 years quite a bit.  Someone scoring 25 goals 3-4 years ago is a bit more impressive than doing it this season. 

With Sam, he has been scoring a bit more lately, but he's tied for 130th in the league in points.  88th in goals.  161st in assists.  And that is with not missing many (or any) games and getting top line ice time and he's on the 1st Powerplay team for them.

Again, I wouldn't be surprised if he is playing though an injury. But If I was a big fan or follower of the Panthers, as the 3rd highest paid forward on the team at 27 years of age (in his prime), he would be the #1 guy I want to see increase production the rest of the year.

Bad haircut?

On 1/9/2023 at 10:22 AM, kas23 said:

Kevyn should to text him to see if he bleeds blue and gold again. 

So you want to lose again???

The idea of bringing back any of the guys who KA cleared out is just ludicrous. Maybe offer Philly a 2nd rounder for Risto? They'd probably take it.  

I've read things online where people also talk about trading for ROR. Sure, why not, let's kill his love for hockey permanently this time. 

Reinhart is back to being Reinhart, and it's part of why Florida is losing. Just be glad that era here is over. Somebody else's issue now.  

• Agree 1

23 hours ago, PerreaultForever said:

So you want to lose again???

The idea of bringing back any of the guys who KA cleared out is just ludicrous. Maybe offer Philly a 2nd rounder for Risto? They'd probably take it.  

I've read things online where people also talk about trading for ROR. Sure, why not, let's kill his love for hockey permanently this time. 

Reinhart is back to being Reinhart, and it's part of why Florida is losing. Just be glad that era here is over. Somebody else's issue now.  

Eeyore will never love hockey. He only loves when everyone loves him... and even then he secretly wonders if they hate him.

It wasn't Buffalo that killed his "love", it was his conspiracy theory that people didn't like him.

I wonder if anyone has asked him lately if he still has his love for the game?

2 hours ago, LTS said:

Eeyore will never love hockey. He only loves when everyone loves him... and even then he secretly wonders if they hate him.

It wasn't Buffalo that killed his "love", it was his conspiracy theory that people didn't like him.

Oh come on. He just got sick of losing. He didn't see a future and wanted out. Went to a team where his skill set fit perfectly and went on a good run. Now the team's declining and so I imagine he will want to land on some other contender next year. No more no less. 

5 hours ago, PerreaultForever said:

Oh come on. He just got sick of losing. He didn't see a future and wanted out. Went to a team where his skill set fit perfectly and went on a good run. Now the team's declining and so I imagine he will want to land on some other contender next year. No more no less. 

I'm still looking for an article a St. Louis journalist did on him.  We quoted it way back when.  When you read it you'll see that he was basically convincing himself that the city hated him.  It was like the crap he pulled in Colorado as well.  Everyone gets sick of losing.  Some have the mentality to change it, others just make excuses to get away from it. 

I suppose I could search the archives here.. but I'm not real good at it.

• Thanks (+1) 1

4 hours ago, LTS said:

I'm still looking for an article a St. Louis journalist did on him.  We quoted it way back when.  When you read it you'll see that he was basically convincing himself that the city hated him.  It was like the crap he pulled in Colorado as well.  Everyone gets sick of losing.  Some have the mentality to change it, others just make excuses to get away from it. 

I suppose I could search the archives here.. but I'm not real good at it.

Maybe it’s guilt for the crime he committed and got away with 

On 1/10/2023 at 11:38 AM, Eleven said:

I don't think Reinhart was seen as a leader by anyone, including himself.

I do agree that he'll be out west soon.

You don't think the guy who was Captain of his junior team, Captain of U18 Canada and Assistant on U20 Canada was seen as a leader? 

3 hours ago, LGR4GM said:

You don't think the guy who was Captain of his junior team, Captain of U18 Canada and Assistant on U20 Canada was seen as a leader? 

Not at the NHL level, no.

20 hours ago, LTS said:

Harsh.  And probably true.

In lighter news,

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

7 hours ago, LGR4GM said:

His name gave him extra cache. 

His lack of leadership has been clearly demonstrated in the NHL. The team around him doesn't get better, it gets worse. Argue with it all you want but the results show the truth, Kulich and Levi (assuming he signs here) will be seen as a steal in Sabres history 10 years from now. 

• Haha (+1) 1
  • dislike 1

2 hours ago, PerreaultForever said:

His name gave him extra cache. 

His lack of leadership has been clearly demonstrated in the NHL. The team around him doesn't get better, it gets worse. Argue with it all you want but the results show the truth, Kulich and Levi (assuming he signs here) will be seen as a steal in Sabres history 10 years from now. 

Yes, the president trophy winning Panthers were worse last year because of adding Reinhart... you don't even exist in reality. 

• Thanks (+1) 1

# 90 was an anomaly. As a player he was pretty much complete. Played well in both ends of the ice and was a magician on faceoffs. I still remember a game in which the Sabres were ahead by one in the waning minutes. The Sabres were in a shell and iced the puck like 5 times with RO of course winning every one. His leadership came from his play while the Captain, skilled as could be, had an on/off button that he wasn't afraid to use. Today, #21 and his line mate #28 aren't even in the same zip code skill wise when compared to #90 & #9 but their work effort shows what leadership is all about. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.