Around The NHL 2022-23 Regular Season

Brawndo

Edmonton and Vegas took care of business in regulation.  We can't ask for much more than that.  Heck, even Seattle chipped in and whipped Toronto.  Ware our coming schedule.  Minnesota is hot as a firecracker, the lowly Flyers are on a four game win streak, Seattle has a better record than we do, and so does Winnipeg.  Doesn't matter.  We need at least 6 of those 8 points, and I want them all.  I'm tired of the home record.  The only way to fix it is to start dominating in our building.         

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2
  • Thanks (+1) 1

8 hours ago, onthewarpath said:

Edmonton and Vegas took care of business in regulation.  We can't ask for much more than that.  Heck, even Seattle chipped in and whipped Toronto.  Ware our coming schedule.  Minnesota is hot as a firecracker, the lowly Flyers are on a four game win streak, Seattle has a better record than we do, and so does Winnipeg.  Doesn't matter.  We need at least 6 of those 8 points, and I want them all.  I'm tired of the home record.  The only way to fix it is to start dominating in our building.         

Welcome to the board!

Yes, we need 6 of 8.

• Thanks (+1) 1

10 hours ago, onthewarpath said:

Welcome !!

Sent you a Club Soda that looks like a beer.

We need all the points we can get, but at minimum we need 6 of the next 8.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Eleven said:

Whoa.  That is some big news.  Hopefully he takes it well and develops.

Probably not taking it too well.

Exceptional status for OHL as a 15 year old.

Multi year #1 ranked prospect for his draft.

Great performance as a 16 year old at the U18 tournament.

Captained Canada to the U20 gold.

I’ve watched him a lot in 3 OHL years and he has never wowed me. He will prove me wrong butI see him as a middle six C who can get 20 goals.

He is still very young though.

3 hours ago, Eleven said:

Whoa.  That is some big news.  Hopefully he takes it well and develops.

-Seattle is currently hanging on to 3rd in the division, but only 5 points up on being out of the playoffs, with Edmonton, Calgary, and Colorado the first 3 teams out of the playoffs currently chasing them down.  They need to win and win right now.

-Wright has only 2 points in 8 games with the team this year.  

-He also isn't getting much ice time at all. just over 8 minutes per game they are limiting him to when he does play.  No penalty killing, he is is an aftethought on the PP (just touching the ice a couple times all year)

The coaching staff doesn't have him playing much at all, and when they do he's not doing much out there.  Best bet is to get him down where he can get a lot more playing time, AND free up the minues for older/veteran guys who can do more to help the team win right now.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.