Buffalo Bills 2022-23

spndnchz

KC hosts the early Saturday game - 4:30.

NFC East rematch 8:15PM Saturday.

And Frisco hosts the winner of tomorrow's game at 6:30 on Sunday.

1 minute ago, Eleven said:

3pm is the early game?  What world is this?

Ever since 2001 they've bumped the playoffs later into the day.  Remember the Tuck Rule game was a night game.  

Bigger advertising revenue in Prime Time.  It's a made for TV league nowadays.

8 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

It's the playoffs.

8 minutes ago, Taro T said:

KC hosts the early Saturday game - 4:30.

NFC East rematch 8:15PM Saturday.

And Frisco hosts the winner of tomorrow's game at 6:30 on Sunday.

Ever since 2001 they've bumped the playoffs later into the day.  Remember the Tuck Rule game was a night game.  

Bigger advertising revenue in Prime Time.  It's a made for TV league nowadays.

I only remember that for Saturday games and the championship games. (Not that my memory is correct necessarily.) Oh well.  More time to get stuff done.

I went through the wringer today... and I reflected on it.

My son is one year further on than when I began my initiation to the pain of being from Buffalo and a sports fan. I was on my way to freshman year in college.. he's got one semester down.

I had to walk away from the game today. My son said "I never doubted."  I tried to explain to him about the history, but he doesn't get it.. nor should I expect he would.

No one in my house does.. my wife was born downstate and her Dad was a Giants fan.. soooo

I tried to tell them that this year I let myself actually hope.. I opened myself up to it... *****.. this team needs to be better than what I saw today.

• Agree 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, LTS said:

My son is one year further on than when I began my initiation to the pain of being from Buffalo and a sports fan. I was on my way to freshman year in college.. he's got one semester down.

I had to walk away from the game today. My son said "I never doubted."  I tried to explain to him about the history, but he doesn't get it.. nor should I expect he would.

No one in my house does.. my wife was born downstate and her Dad was a Giants fan.. soooo

I tried to tell them that this year I let myself actually hope.. I opened myself up to it... *****.. this team needs to be better than what I saw today.

Hey man, we all know the struggle. 

• Like (+1) 3

50 minutes ago, LTS said:

I had to explain to my eleven year old that the Bills run of super bowl appearances started when I was his age. And then they didn’t win another playoff game for about 25 years.  

And that’s why this season can be so special.  Time flies.  Go Bills. 

5 hours ago, irregularly irregular said:

It's the playoffs and the teams still playing are the real deal. Everyone has game and they are all professionals. Everyone giving it everything they have. If they don't max out, their career may be over, therefore it's a battle from start to finish of every game. The LAC-JAX game is proof of what happens if you think it's over before it's over. 

I don't disagree, but an acknowledgement of one teams capabilities over another's when skilled veteran talent at key positions is factored in is certainly one of several variables that come in to play.

6 hours ago, LTS said:

I walked away from the Bills Vikings game because I was getting so worked up that I thought it was way too unhealthy.  I could still feel the stress when I went to bed that evening.  I haven’t watched a full game since.  I get the 1st half in, and check Twitter frequently during the 2nd half.  I don’t need a heart attack.  

• Agree 1

13 minutes ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

Especially Ken Dorsey.

Frazier needs to study Baltimore’s D scheme to figure out how to stop Cin.

He won't. He'll run the same nickel defense he has for 4 years.

Dorsey is out of his depth. Be curious to see the percentage of play action plays. 

Edited by LGR4GM
Spelling

3 hours ago, Weave said:

I walked away from the Bills Vikings game because I was getting so worked up that I thought it was way too unhealthy.  I could still feel the stress when I went to bed that evening.  I haven’t watched a full game since.  I get the 1st half in, and check Twitter frequently during the 2nd half.  I don’t need a heart attack.  

I've walked away from a few games this year.. and I did yesterday as well.  I was busy prepping food during half-time and when Allen fumbled I went downstairs for 45 minutes... I didn't actively watch the rest of the game as I was in the kitchen.. it helped.

1 hour ago, Flashsabre said:

Cincy pulled a win out of their ass against an injured backup QB. If anyone watched KC the last month of the year they were lucky to beat inferior competition. These other teams aren’t getting “easy wins”.

While easy wins are nice, the problem I have is that Buffalo is beating themselves more than I think the opposition is beating them.  I have not seen that as much with KC or Cincy.  Perhaps I have not been watching close enough.

The coaching certainly plays into it. But the coaching doesn't make Josh Allen make some of those plays that lead to turnovers. The defensive play calling doesn't lead to all the missed tackles. 

Granted, I think Frazier's defensive scheme is awful. I will not be sad to see him go. I didn't like Daboll's play calling and I don't think Dorsey is any better or worse than he was. There are just some real boneheaded sequences.. why is Josh Allen's average target over 26 yards when they have the lead?  What on Earth makes someone call two fly routes on 1st and 2nd down.. leaving you with 3rd and 10 which is a pure passing situation that leads to a sack?

Oh well. they won.. I guess that's what matters.

16 hours ago, Taro T said:

They entered NBA-Mode for the last 2:11 of the 1st 1/2.  3 pointer, TV timeout.  3 pointer, TV timeout.  Lather, rinse, repeat.

Didn't like "sugar high" Josh, but doubt we get that again next week.

The D came to play and covered for his & STs mistakes.

I read that Miami had less than 300 yards of offense.  Just shows how much the gaffes on offence and special teams mattered.  Can the Bills have them cured by next week?

14 minutes ago, Marvin said:

I read that Miami had less than 300 yards of offense.  Just shows how much the gaffes on offence and special teams mattered.  Can the Bills have them cured by next week?

231 yds passing, 42 yds rushing

The crazy run backs after the interceptions gave them great starting positions on both.  And, of course, there was the fumble for a touchdown.

37 minutes ago, Marvin said:

Don't see any reason not to.

The Fishies, being a division rival know the Bills well & play them hard.  Read that 8 of Allen's 16 fumbles came against them.  And Allen was a fraction of an inch away from having an extra TD on the Knox play; a 1st down inside the 10 on the Shakir play; plus Diggs near catch of another bomb for a TD.  Those last 2 connect, & they often do, & Miami likely gets out of cover 0 and then Allen goes back to taking underneath plays.  Plus, if Brown doesn't add the hitch to his route & at minimum Howard doesn't have an INT & the Bills might have the ball there or in the end zone.

The Bengals were down 3 OL-men by the end of last night's game.  If they don't get healthy quick, it'll be a long night for Joe Rodent House.  Cincy's O was noticeably limited after the 3rd guy went down.

18 minutes ago, Taro T said:

Don't see any reason not to.

The Fishies, being a division rival know the Bills well & play them hard.  Read that 8 of Allen's 16 fumbles came against them.  And Allen was a fraction of an inch away from having an extra TD on the Knox play; a 1st down inside the 10 on the Shakir play; plus Diggs near catch of another bomb for a TD.  Those last 2 connect, & they often do, & Miami likely gets out of cover 0 and then Allen goes back to taking underneath plays.  Plus, if Brown doesn't add the hitch to his route & at minimum Howard doesn't have an INT & the Bills might have the ball there or in the end zone.

The Bengals were down 3 OL-men by the end of last night's game.  If they don't get healthy quick, it'll be a long night for Joe Rodent House.  Cincy's O was noticeably limited after the 3rd guy went down.

It was interesting on many of those plays there was no checkdown option...it was the old Daboll move of allowing Allen's legs to be the checkdown...there were some gaping holes up the middle and Allen attempted to take off several times but the Fins did an exceptional job of making him think he had a lane to run through and then closing it down as soon as he started to run...barely got tackled a few times where it would have been 20+ yard runs if he got through as there was nobody in the middle of the field.

6 hours ago, Weave said:

My reaction to the Vikings debacle was I took a week off and didn't watch the game vs. Cleveland at all. First game I have missed in many years. 

It was a healthy break and I was able to ease back into it slowly. 

But now I am preparing to have my soul crushed again (Bills fan since ~1976). 

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, TheAud said:

My reaction to the Vikings debacle was I took a week off and didn't watch the game vs. Cleveland at all. First game I have missed in many years. 

It was a healthy break and I was able to ease back into it slowly. 

But now I am preparing to have my soul crushed again (Bills fan since ~1976). 

I felt this game like no other in the past two decades. It surprised me. I had to work and could only see a few minutes or even seconds at a time. I was overwrought (and likely professionally derelict) as the game seemed to slip away. Now, I have no business feeling this way as I long ago left the Bills behind. But as several of you have hinted, what we're feeling isn't really about THESE Bills. Not hard to analyze, I suppose.

• Thanks (+1) 2

10 hours ago, LGR4GM said:

Buffalo coaching staff needs to take a good long hard look at themselves.

Unfortunately we might of had one of the most gifted up and coming coaches in our building, and now he’s coaching the Giants. And clearly he knows what he is doing. 

1 hour ago, Gatorman0519 said:

Unfortunately we might of had one of the most gifted up and coming coaches in our building, and now he’s coaching the Giants. And clearly he knows what he is doing. 

That's like saying Alabama should have fired Saban to give Smart the job or Georgia firing Smart to give Dan Lanning the job.  

• Like (+1) 1