Buffalo Bills 2022-23

spndnchz

4 minutes ago, Taro T said:

They entered NBA-Mode for the last 2:11 of the 1st 1/2.  3 pointer, TV timeout.  3 pointer, TV timeout.  Lather, rinse, repeat.

Didn't like "sugar high" Josh, but doubt we get that again next week.

The D came to play and covered for his & STs mistakes.

Think about if Knox holds on for the TD, and if Shikar holds on for the bomb.  There were 4 catchable drops.  That’s puts Josh at 500 yards and at least 4 TDS.  All facets of the team made big plays and also they made mistakes.   We gave up a long punt return to set up a score.  We had a kickoff out of bounds that cost us a FG.   On defense we gave up several 3rd and longs, and very longs too.

McD said it was not “complimentary football” today.  He had a few odd timeout moments.  Miami tried some new things today.  

28 minutes ago, Taro T said:

They entered NBA-Mode for the last 2:11 of the 1st 1/2.  3 pointer, TV timeout.  3 pointer, TV timeout.  Lather, rinse, repeat

Was there another tv timeout other than the 2 minute warning? They were not doing any commercial breaks in the 3 or 4 minutes leading up to that. 

Edited by shrader

40 minutes ago, Pimlach said:

Think about if Knox holds on for the TD, and if Shikar holds on for the bomb.  There were 4 catchable drops.  That’s puts Josh at 500 yards and at least 4 TDS.  All facets of the team made big plays and also they made mistakes.   We gave up a long punt return to set up a score.  We had a kickoff out of bounds that cost us a FG.   On defense we gave up several 3rd and longs, and very longs too.

McD said it was not “complimentary football” today.  He had a few odd timeout moments.  Miami tried some new things today.  

Well, yes, STs made several out of character bad plays.  The messed up KO, the huge punt return, & the fortuitous recovery by Dotson on Hines fumble being the biggest examples.

But w/ all that, plus 3 Fish starts in Bills territory & another at the Mami 40, the D only gave up ~250 yards & 24 points.

No point in being upset about giving up ridiculously long 3rd down conversions; it's a staple of Frazier's D.  So is solid red zone D & being good at short/moderate yardage 3rd down D.  They gave up 5 3 FGs (several off short fields), 1 2 TDs (1 off a short field), & a 2 point conversion.

The D showed up.  The rest, not so much.  But, overall, they were good enough to beat a divisional foe (almost always a tough out).

Expect the whole team will be ready for Cincy or the Jags.

Edited by Taro T
Forgot the Gesicki TD. D'oh!
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Thanks (+1) 2

2 hours ago, Scottysabres said:

If they play the Bengals they will be. Make no mistake, Joe Burrows and the Cincinnati Bengals are the real deal.

It's the playoffs and the teams still playing are the real deal. Everyone has game and they are all professionals. Everyone giving it everything they have. If they don't max out, their career may be over, therefore it's a battle from start to finish of every game. The LAC-JAX game is proof of what happens if you think it's over before it's over. 

• Like (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, Taro T said:

Well, yes, STs made several out of character bad plays.  The messed up KO, the huge punt return, & the fortuitous recovery by Dotson on Hines fumble being the biggest examples.

But w/ all that, plus 3 Fish starts in Bills territory & another at the Mami 40, the D only gave up ~250 yards & 24 points.

No point in being upset about giving up ridiculously long 3rd down conversions; it's a staple of Frazier's D.  So is solid red zone D & being good at short/moderate yardage 3rd down D.  They gave up 5 FGs (several off short fields), 1 TD, & a 2 point conversion.

The D showed up.  The rest, not so much.  But, overall, they were good enough to beat a divisional foe (almost always a tough out).

Expect the whole team will be ready for Cincy or the Jags.

The D more than showed up.  They were huge at the hugest moments.

The passing game was excellent.  JA had a good completion ratio and if not for some key drops the Bills would have had 2 more TDs.  It's a game of inches.

Any time you have 2 receivers over 100 yards your passing game was not the problem.

Again, IMO, the biggest issue was the Bills not having established a good running game.

One Fin TD was while they were on D ... the forced fumble by JA and the fat guy scores a TD ... what can you do.  Those things happen.

You are correct that a divisional foe in the playoff is always a tough game no matter what.

• Like (+1) 1

I’m not a Leslie Frazier fan, but this was one of his better games.  If the team played clean the Bills claim an easy victory.  Ken Dorsey, not so much.  I think he plays into Josh’s gambler instincts.  Daboll had a better feel when to attack and when to simply take what the defense give you.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 3

Just now, Crusader1969 said:

Kumerow ? But I don’t think so.  Was hurt 

Diggs, Davis, McKenzie , Shakir  

Maybe they only carry 4 wr?  🤷‍♂️

Right now we are carrying Diggs, Davis, MacKenzie, Shakir, Brown and Beasley.  Hodgins would be 3rd on my list, but admittedly he is a Davis type player and not really a slot receiver.

6 minutes ago, Sabres Fan in NS said:

Beasley.  Does he count?

Probably not very well.  He can catch footballs, for sure, but I don't think math and reading are among his stronger skills.

Edited by Eleven
  • Eyeroll 1

Football seems just so random at times.  The dolphins aren't good enough to advance, but the Bills looked beatable for sure.  Now you think the Bills are in huge trouble vs Cincy, but they look 'beatable' too.  Even if Baltimore moved on, I don't see them beating anyone else.  Depending on what half you took into consideration, Jax or the Chargers could beat anyone or get blown out by anyone.  

One bad spot by an official. One inch.  A ball being 1/4 inch off of the ground vs hitting the ground. So many little things can be the difference between a team making an appearance in the Superbowl or going home 2 rounds early.  I guess it is that way with all sports, but it seems like it shouldn't be that way with how long the season is and how much work goes into it.

1 minute ago, Eleven said:

Yep.  They're having their own problems at home against a backup QB.

For the Bills to advance, it really matters how they play or are they good enough.  Who would be tougher, cincy or jax? hard to say, if jax plays good they might be just as good as cincy.  But, I might want to play cincy and force jax to play kc. Will jax beat kc? probably not, but i think they have a lot better chance against kc than baltimore would, I think Baltimore gets rolled in kc.  

so who do we want?  Doesn't matter either way, the Bills will win or lose based on their own play, not necessarily 'who' they play.

12 minutes ago, mjd1001 said:

WAY too early weather forcast for next weekend in Orchard park:

Saturday afternoon/evening:  cloudy/overcast, small chance of precip, 30-32 degrees, moderate winds

Sunday afternoon: pretty much the same as the above forcast for Saturday evening.

It's the same forecast since the blizzard.  Every day.