Buffalo Bills 2022-23

spndnchz

On 1/17/2023 at 10:32 AM, That Aud Smell said:

What's sorta bumming me out ahead of the divisional round game is that the Bills look every bit like the team that needed Von Miller in order to get over the hump. That front 4 just does not do enough on a consistent basis to get home and make a difference. I heard Booger McFarland on a podcast remark that, in order to be a true contender, a team needs a game wrecker on D. This D does not have one.

This, this, a thousand times this.  Von was what the Bills were dying for last year and what they still need desperately. 

• Sad 1

55 minutes ago, Eleven said:

Who was he?

He was the guard on Villanova’s team that accidentally injured Bob Lanier in the east regional final of the 1970 NCAA tourney. Bona won that game and advanced to the final four, but without Lanier they had little chance. That knee injury probably cost Lanier being the number one pick in the draft, too. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

16 minutes ago, K-9 said:

He was the guard on Villanova’s team that accidentally injured Bob Lanier in the east regional final of the 1970 NCAA tourney. Bona won that game and advanced to the final four, but without Lanier they had little chance. That knee injury probably cost Lanier being the number one pick in the draft, too. 

I am still surprised that the Braves did not draft Buffalo Bob.

6 minutes ago, Eleven said:

That, I doubt.  But thank you for explaining Chris Ford.

Actually, I was wrong. He was the 1st overall in the 1970 NBA draft. For whatever reason I thought he fell a pick or two. But he was the consensus number one his entire senior year so I'm not surprised.

6 minutes ago, Marvin said:

I am still surprised that the Braves did not draft Buffalo Bob.

They never had the opportunity. But anyone would have been better than John Hummer.😂

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

6 minutes ago, K-9 said:

Actually, I was wrong. He was the 1st overall in the 1970 NBA draft. For whatever reason I thought he fell a pick or two. But he was the consensus number one his entire senior year so I'm not surprised.

They never had the opportunity. But anyone would have been better than John Hummer.😂

Oh, heck.  My memory failed me too.

On 1/19/2023 at 6:55 AM, LGR4GM said:

When your oc doesn't run play action even though he has a very suspect o line for one. 

Taking timeouts with 1 second left on the play clock... when you're the defense. 

13 seconds. That was 100% lost due to coaching. 

And god forbid we run a screen.

Although, just as I type this, I realize that most teams use a spy on josh, so they probably wouldn't work as well as I think they would.

On 1/19/2023 at 10:38 AM, dudacek said:

I have been a Sabres fan since the mid-70s and a Bills fan since the early '80s.

I have been surrounded by Vancouver Canuck fans for most of my life. The Buffalo experience is not as unique as many living it think it is.

I think I disagree. 20 year playoff drought in one league, current record setting playoff drought in the other. I'm not even going to get into the four SBs and the Homerun throwbacks and 13 seconds and foot in the crease and puck through the net and,... I'm just going to have to stop. There are more, but I want to see another fanbase experience that can even match just that. (Wow, I said "just" that, cuz there are more.)

Edited by SwampD

19 hours ago, K-9 said:

My memory of him is as the Celtics coach in the early nineties. Mustache.

• Like (+1) 1

21 minutes ago, JujuFish said:

Hey now, McDermott brought us to the promised land before the drought was old enough to vote. 17 years, 11 months, and 30 days between playoff games, thank you very much.

I kinda thought that was wrong. I just guessed. I had a great dog. She was born, had a good long life and died old,... never saw a Bills playoff game.

On 1/20/2023 at 1:24 PM, SwampD said:

And god forbid we run a screen.

Although, just as I type this, I realize that most teams use a spy on josh, so they probably wouldn't work as well as I think they would.

I think I disagree. 20 year playoff drought in one league, current record setting playoff drought in the other. I'm not even going to get into the four SBs and the Homerun throwbacks and 13 seconds and foot in the crease and puck through the net and,... I'm just going to have to stop. There are more, but I want to see another fanbase experience that can even match just that. (Wow, I said "just" that, cuz there are more.)

Go over to twobillsdrive.com and check the thread on parenting lessons learnt from 4 Super Bowl losses.