Buffalo Bills 2022-23

spndnchz

2 hours ago, JujuFish said:

I guess I'll be the dissenter and admit  that I didn't like the call.

You and most of the people who commented on the tweet.

I only hear snippets of the Bills radio calls.  While I'm familiar with Murph's voice I don't have enough listens to have become attached to it.  I thought Brown was fine.

Schedule maker already screwing the Bills for next season.  According to Cbssports.com here are our opponents for next season.

AFC EAST

Buffalo Bills

Home: Patriots, Dolphins, Jets, Broncos, Raiders, Cowboys, Giants, Buccaneers, Jaguars
Away: Patriots, Dolphins, Jets, Commanders, Chiefs, Chargers, Eagles, Bengals

A bunch of crap home games and then road games at KC, at Philly and at Cinn.  

4 minutes ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

Schedule maker already screwing the Bills for next season.  According to Cbssports.com here are our opponents for next season.

As a STH, I don't care too much about who are non-divisional opponents are. And getting 2 NFC East royalties at the stadium, along with a fast rising team like the Jags, is fine. I do wonder, though: Why does KC never come to Buffalo? Won't next season be, like, the 4th (5th?!) straight season (?) that the Bills go to KC in the regular season? I remember this being a point of conversation when the Bills played at KC this season. Wtf.

• Like (+1) 2

50 minutes ago, That Aud Smell said:

As a STH, I don't care too much about who are non-divisional opponents are. And getting 2 NFC East royalties at the stadium, along with a fast rising team like the Jags, is fine. I do wonder, though: Why does KC never come to Buffalo? Won't next season be, like, the 4th (5th?!) straight season (?) that the Bills go to KC in the regular season? I remember this being a point of conversation when the Bills played at KC this season. Wtf.

It's the third season and the next 3 after that will be in Buffalo, should they continue to finish in the same spots in their respective divisions.

• Thanks (+1) 1

59 minutes ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

It's literally a formula. There is no schedule-maker per se for who plays who and where. The human element comes in on the sequencing but even there it's limited by rules like no more than 2 home or road games in a row, avoiding known stadium conflicts, LA and NY teams need to not be playing at home on the same day, etc. 

• Thanks (+1) 1

1 hour ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

No one is screwing anyone. It's a formula and all but 3 teams are known at any time. You can find out who 14 of our 17 opponents in 2050 are, and whether they are home or away, if you want (and, of course, the formula doesn't change).

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

1 hour ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

Your team is very good if anything those teams are scared to play you .

• Like (+1) 1

19 hours ago, LTS said:

I guess if the game was rigged then it was Bill Belicek and Robert Kraft who agreed to allow two kick-off returns for TDs?  Those damn officials!

I'm sure that the refs could have found a penalty one each, if they had wanted to. 😉

On 1/9/2023 at 3:43 PM, TheAud said:

no more than 2 home or road games in a row

Looked into this a little bit after listening to something on WGR...I think you're mistaken here.  The Fish played on the road three times in a row last month 

53 minutes ago, Buffalonill said:

I thought this thread would be going nuts right now with all that Tua news .

And you getting back one of my favorite packers in Hyde

Everything is  Falling all in place for your Super Bowl run

If there's one thing all Buffalo fans know, is you never talk about how things are going to work out in favor for Buffalo. We do not tempt fate.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

1 minute ago, MattPie said:

If there's one thing all Buffalo fans know, is you never talk about how things are going to work out in favor for Buffalo. We do not tempt fate.

Correct. Because every Buffalo fan knows what happens next. I'd rather see Tua for that reason.

#staniowski

• Thanks (+1) 2

7 hours ago, Eleven said:

Looked into this a little bit after listening to something on WGR...I think you're mistaken here.  The Fish played on the road three times in a row last month 

I should have been more expansive in my response. 

It's possible to play 3 in a row on the road or home. The last time it happened to the Bills was 2019. 

That said, I am sure the NFL's scheduling process, which certainly involves a Linear Program optimizer and/or Heuristic solver, tries to avoid this situation where possible. However, it will fall below 'hard' constraints such as the stadium is not available on a given weekend (like for a Phish concert) and would have to be prioritized vs. things like Network requests for certain games. 

But you're right, it can happen. 

33 minutes ago, TheAud said:

It's possible to play 3 in a row on the road or home. The last time it happened to the Bills was 2019. 

That said, I am sure the NFL's scheduling process, which certainly involves a Linear Program optimizer and/or Heuristic solver, tries to avoid this situation where possible. However, it will fall below 'hard' constraints such as the stadium is not available on a given weekend (like for a Phish concert) and would have to be prioritized vs. things like Network requests for certain games. 

The Bills have played 3 in a row on the road every now and then.  The league does seem to try and avoid it.  I remember that I used to see 2 road - 1 home - 2 road more often in years gone by.

• Like (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, Eleven said:

Is this even English?

Lol. Sorry, I reverted back to my grad school Operations Research experience. I had a professor for two classes that was working with another guy to get the bid to do Major League's Baseball schedule using these sorts of tools. Shortly after I graduated, they actually got the business. He frequently used sports scheduling in his class discussion and homework. 

Ok this made me google it...these guys:  http://www.sports-scheduling.com/

22 minutes ago, TheAud said:

Lol. Sorry, I reverted back to my grad school Operations Research experience. I had a professor for two classes that was working with another guy to get the bid to do Major League's Baseball schedule using these sorts of tools. Shortly after I graduated, they actually got the business. He frequently used sports scheduling in his class discussion and homework. 

Ok this made me google it...these guys:  http://www.sports-scheduling.com/

That is interesting stuff.

4 hours ago, TheAud said:

NFL Scheduling consists of:

mike tyson darts GIF

Only the bulls-eye isn't always hit.

This is, of course, not true.  But I'll stick with it.