Buffalo Bills 2022-23

spndnchz

3 hours ago, JohnC said:

The Pegulas made some mistakes in staffing when they took over the hockey team. They eventually got it right. 

There was an ownership learning curve in both sports that is now bearing fruit. Both franchises are not only winning but also are entertaining and compelling teams to watch. The fans in Buffalo deserve this hard-earned success. 

Leaving curve of a decade? ***** I could have majored in sports management and gotten a PhD in it during that time and you wanna talk about learning curves?

Just now, LGR4GM said:

Leaving curve of a decade? ***** I could have majored in sports management and gotten a PhD in it during that time and you wanna talk about learning curves?

What's a leaving curve? Is it a course on the inability to acknowledge success when it happens? 

3 minutes ago, JohnC said:

You are being utterly ridiculous! Who is kissing their buttocks? However they got it done, luck or not, hiring a search firm or not, the end result is they got it right. If you can't acknowledge that they made the right call on this GM hire, then so be it. And the owners also made the right call on allowing Granato to take over for Krueger during the season, and hiring him on a full-time basis soon thereafter. 

You are. You are kissing their butts like they didn't make the Sabres the worst franchise in hockey for a decade. I'm fully acknowledging they hired Adams and it worked but your original post and tone is what's ridiculous. 

1 minute ago, JohnC said:

What's a leaving curve? Is it a course on the inability to acknowledge success when it happens? 

You're just ignoring context, pretending the Pegulas just needed a little time to figure things out. That's not what happened and I am glad it appears to finally be fixed... a decade later. 

Edited by LGR4GM
Spelling

1 hour ago, LGR4GM said:

Just stop. The Pegulas spent 10 years, an entire decade screwing up the hockey team and only "got it right" because they lucked into Adams not being an idiot when they fired botteril for refusing to gut the hockey ops for their "lifestyle". 

They get no credit and saying "some mistakes" is just a truly laughable understatement. Sorry, but I'm coming in harsh on this because I'm not giving them more than the tiniest amount of credit that Adams was someone they liked. 

I’m going side with John here. The truth is they hired the chalk hires, other than settling for Bylsma after being spurned by Babcock. Even Krueger, who was an unmitigated disaster, was lauded by the hockey community in general. Did they make mistakes? Sure. Mostly impatience and not vetting Lafontaine but I also don’t think they “lucked” into Adams. The JBOT dismissal sped up the timeline but they were grooming him for this position. Like John and others have said, you can blame them for every mistake without crediting them for their successes.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

Just now, tom webster said:

I’m going side with John here. The truth is they hired the chalk hires, other than settling for Bylsma after being spurned by Babcock. Even Krueger, who was an unmitigated disaster, was lauded by the hockey community in general. Did they make mistakes? Sure. Mostly impatience and not vetting Lafontaine but I also don’t think they “lucked” into Adams. The JBOT dismissal sped up the timeline but they were grooming him for this position. Like John and others have said, you can blame them for every mistake without crediting them for their successes.

Go for it. I'm not and you are both changing the subject. It has nothing to do with "credit" it has to do with the complete and total horse crap post from John C.

3 hours ago, JohnC said:

The Pegulas made some mistakes in staffing when they took over the football team. They eventually got it right. 

The Pegulas made some mistakes in staffing when they took over the hockey team. They eventually got it right. 

There was an ownership learning curve in both sports that is now bearing fruit. Both franchises are not only winning but also are entertaining and compelling teams to watch. The fans in Buffalo deserve this hard-earned success. 

This, right here is laughable shite. Congrats Terry, after a decade you finally figured it out, let me kiss your butt.

Made some mistakes: that's a long list. 

Eventually: yea a decade is eventually. 

• Eyeroll 1

3 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

Go for it. I'm not and you are both changing the subject. It has nothing to do with "credit" it has to do with the complete and total horse crap post from John C.

This, right here is laughable shite. Congrats Terry, after a decade you finally figured it out, let me kiss your butt.

Made some mistakes: that's a long list. 

Eventually: yea a decade is eventually. 

The only butt being kissed is you contorting yourself to get to your behind. Just stop with this foolishness. You are being ridiculous. 

9 minutes ago, tom webster said:

@LGR4GM can have whatever opinion he wants. He's entitled to it. However, the butt kissing comment was simply a juvenile response. That's what got me to respond to his childish behavior. Responding any more on this topic to him is unproductive. 

2 minutes ago, JohnC said:

@LGR4GM can have whatever opinion he wants. He's entitled to it. However, the butt kissing comment was simply a juvenile response. That's what got me to respond to his childish behavior. Responding any more on this topic to him is unproductive. 

For what bits worth, I only responded to the previous post, I didn’t read the whole conversation 

The Bills win today will certainly be a memorable game in Franchise history, and in  NFL history.  Hines TD return on the opening kickoff was magical.  Can you imagine how they felt?   What an incredible emotional roller coaster this team has had this season. 

I foolishly thought they could put up 35 points in the first half after that play.  Then reality set in.  The other team showed up and they were prepared to play a game. 

The Bills are a very good team, maybe a great team, but not a perfect team.  They could win the Super Bowl, they might fall short. 

I just hope the success continues because this Franchise, Team, and Community deserves it.  

Edited by Pimlach
  • Like (+1) 4

1 minute ago, Pimlach said:

The Bills win today will certainly be a memorable game in Franchise history ,and in  NFL history.  Hines TD return on the opening kickoff was magical.  Can you imagine how they felt.  What an incredible emotional roller coaster this team has had this season. 

I foolishly thought they could put up 35 points in the first half after that play.  Then reality set in.  The other team showed up and they were prepared to play a game. 

The Bills are a very good team, maybe a great team, but not a perfect team.  They could be the win the Super Bowl, they might fall short. 

I just hope the success continues because this Franchise, Team, and Community deserves it.  

It's the final game.  The Patriots came to play.  If they won they would be in the playoff (I think so anyway), but there was no way they were going to make it if they did not win.  They were prepared and it was a battle.  No team is perfect this season.  The playoff is pretty wide open.

The Bills have the Fins at home.  They should win, but it won't be easy.  They never are.  Especially in the playoff.

The Bills have home field until the AFCC game.  They will need it's every advantage.

Now it really is a ...

MUST WIN !!

GO BILLS !!

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

27 minutes ago, JohnC said:

The only butt being kissed is you contorting yourself to get to your behind. Just stop with this foolishness. You are being ridiculous. 

22 minutes ago, JohnC said:

You're entitled to think what you'd like but I won't be praising Terry for a decade of futility. He didn't "figure it out" but thankfully Kevyn Adams is a good cookie.

Edited by LGR4GM

6 hours ago, Dreams Burn Down said:

Smoke with a spectacular TD catch.

That was fun to watch in the stadium.  Could see how open he got as soon as Allen sent him deep.

The 2 KO returns were telegraphed live too.  Was joking after the 2nd one that if the Cheat Miser were smart he'd start kicking them out of bounds & giving the Bills the ball at the 40.  The SOB really does have spies everywhere! 😉

1st in stadium game for this kid since Ryan was coach. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

2 hours ago, Goldseatsaud said:

Patriots fans still bitching and complaining that the game was rigged 

NFL wanted the bills to win. Goodell eA there too telling the officials to not throw flags

The irony of Pats fans saying that the game was rigged…

I was lucky to be at this game. What a fun one to witness…

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 3

12 hours ago, PASabreFan said:

They played Chris Brown's call of the kickoff return to start the game and he sounded great. This was on CNN.

A lot of pressure on Brown today too.

Here's hoping Murph can get back soon.

I wish John Murphy a full and speedy recovery. I wish him every happiness in life.

I will not miss him calling Bills games when he's done doing so.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

I don't think they mathematically eliminated the patriots in 2020, but that's 3 years in a row now where the Bills handed them the final loss of the season.  I can get used to this.

Here's my screwup of the day yesterday.  I lost track of time and when I turned the tv on, I see Josh Allen with his hands on his head and the building is exploding.  Just now in Doohickie's post above is the first time I actually saw the return.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

13 hours ago, PASabreFan said:

They played Chris Brown's call of the kickoff return to start the game and he sounded great. This was on CNN.

A lot of pressure on Brown today too.

Here's hoping Murph can get back soon.

I hate to say it--but Brown was terrific on the radio yesterday.

• Like (+1) 2