Alex Tuch Scheduled to Make His Sabres Debut on 12/20

Brawndo

1 hour ago, Flashsabre said:

And in classic Sabres fashion Tuch is in but Thompson might be out. Game 77 might be the one we get a full lineup.🤪

Really looking forward to Tuch. For the first time in a long time the 2022 Sabres could be a big club.  Tuch, Tage, Cozens, Murray, Power, Samuelsson are all very big, skilled players.

Dahlin is 6-3" as well!

• Like (+1) 1

The one thing with Tuch is when he gets moving not many can stop him because he’s such a big guy. Loved Tuch when he played here in Vegas. I’m telling you guys, he’s gonna leave you wanting more after you see him for an extended period of time. Season one he used to stand in front of the net creating a screen so he can tip pucks. In season 2-4 his game changed as he really doesn’t go to the front of the net but now uses his skating to create chances. For a big guy he’s a gentle giant. Don’t expect him to lay down the law. In all he should fit in quite well and will get his chance in the top 6 to shine. He will be a solid addition that I look forward to see in Buffalo. 

• Thanks (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, SabresBillsFan said:

The one thing with Tuch is when he gets moving not many can stop him because he’s such a big guy. Loved Tuch when he played here in Vegas. I’m telling you guys, he’s gonna leave you wanting more after you see him for an extended period of time. Season one he used to stand in front of the net creating a screen so he can tip pucks. In season 2-4 his game changed as he really doesn’t go to the front of the net but now uses his skating to create chances. For a big guy he’s a gentle giant. Don’t expect him to lay down the law. In all he should fit in quite well and will get his chance in the top 6 to shine. He will be a solid addition that I look forward to see in Buffalo. 

I'm expecting that a year from now Sabrespace will be treating Alex like Drew Stafford, just because he doesn't match a false picture they've created in their heads.

Never mind that he never did.

It'll be Dahlin all over again.

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, dudacek said:

I'm expecting that a year from now Sabrespace will be treating Alex like Drew Stafford, just because he doesn't match a false picture they've created in their heads.

Never mind that he never did.

It'll be Dahlin all over again.

Don't know about that.  There'll still be Mittelstadt to kick around.  Usually only need two whipping boys and w/ Dahlin not going anywhere they should be covered on that front.

34 minutes ago, Taro T said:

Don't know about that.  There'll still be Mittelstadt to kick around.  Usually only need two whipping boys and w/ Dahlin not going anywhere they should be covered on that front.

Yea. Part of the problem is some posters have diarrhea of the mouth and constipation of the brain when it comes to players and their development.  

Like this gem from 2020 regarding Mitts …

”Still think he's only worth a 4th round pick.  You find a GM that'll give you more, you jump on it.  He's garbage.  Watching him play against professional players in both the NHL and AHL has cemented my opinion.  He simply doesn't have what it takes to be a professional hockey player”

“cemented” 😂

Thank god it’s not very common and majority of fans take a wait and see approach. Production wise, if Tuch gets 50+ points in a full healthy season, I’ll be very happy with that. Any less, and I guess it will depend on the circumstances as to why he produced less. 

• Thanks (+1) 1

• nfreeman changed the title to Alex Tuch Scheduled to Make His Sabres Debut on 12/20
17 hours ago, The Ghost of Yuri said:

Yeah, he seems the same size as Bryson the way he plays.

I’m starting to see a change.  He is getting more feisty lately.   I’m liking his game in the past few weeks. 

He has the frame to add muscle. Be patient.  

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.