Alex Tuch, a key piece in the Eichel trade

LGR4GM

The discussion points on the potential trade deadline sell off of the pending UFA's is interesting.  I don't see the Sabres making the playoffs but even if they do Adams can't deviate from the rebuild plan.  We won't be selling off prospects or picks this season to acquire any players.  Selling off the UFA's?  I think that it's reasonable even if they are in the hunt but I understand the thoughts that this might hurt the "new winning culture" that they are trying to build now.  I also wonder if Adams had promised any of the JAG's that he would try to move them at the deadline as part of signing with the young Sabres.

I guess one other point that I have is that I really want to see some of the Rochester guys play for the Sabres after the deadline.  I want to know if they are good enough this season to play well in the NHL so that we can give them a roster spot going into next season.  If they look shaky or not quite ready defensively then we will need to sign more JAG's in the offseason to ensure the young guys are earning a spot and not being given a spot.

• Like (+1) 3

• 2 weeks later...
53 minutes ago, Norcal said:

Good.  The player I am most looking forward to seeing play for the Sabres this year (yes, ahead of even Quinn and Peterka and Krebs), and probably the biggest addition to make this team better than any other 'realistic' piece they might add before the offseason.

• Like (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, mjd1001 said:

Good.  The player I am most looking forward to seeing play for the Sabres this year (yes, ahead of even Quinn and Peterka and Krebs), and probably the biggest addition to make this team better than any other 'realistic' piece they might add before the offseason.

I have high hopes for him

Cozens better not get a sniff of a letter prior to turning 23 or leading the team in scoring, whichever comes first.

He's a great kid, but let's not force another kid into a formal leadership role, especially one who has to work on his own game first.

The Sabres seem determined to let the position happen organically, yet another example of Adams/Granato not repeating the mistakes of their predecessors.

i agree with @inkman, people seem to be missing the point of his thread.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

19 hours ago, dudacek said:

Cozens better not get a sniff of a letter prior to turning 23 or leading the team in scoring, whichever comes first.

He's a great kid, but let's not force another kid into a formal leadership role, especially one who has to work on his own game first.

The Sabres seem determined to let the position happen organically, yet another example of Adams/Granato not repeating the mistakes of their predecessors.

i agree with @inkman, people seem to be missing the point of his thread.

Surprised you have the "or leads the team in scoring" caveat in there, when our last captain did that twice before being given the C..

Edited by Thorny

15 minutes ago, SDS said:

Who do you play for?

I used to play street hockey for the Plymouth St Penguins on the west side of Buffalo. 

We took on the Breckenridge Bruins on their home turf once and I got high sticked in the mouth and lost a tooth. 

Our jerseys were fashioned out of T Shirts with the word Penguins written diagonally down the front. 

I'm not sure what you mean?

• Awesome! (+1) 2

1 minute ago, Norcal said:

I used to play street hockey for the Plymouth St Penguins on the west side of Buffalo. 

We took on the Breckenridge Bruins on their home turf once and I got high sticked in the mouth and lost a tooth. 

Our jerseys were fashioned out of T Shirts with the word Penguins written diagonally down the front. 

I'm not sure what you mean?

The famous post-game skating scene from Miracle…

• Like (+1) 3

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.