Alex Tuch, a key piece in the Eichel trade

LGR4GM

38 minutes ago, triumph_communes said:

Folingo hole finally filled. Our team’s heart grew three sizes this day

If he can bring some additional intensity, leadership and production to this team (like #17 Foligno), he may turn out to be the most important piece of this trade than Krebs (just like Foligno > Dale McCourt).

• Like (+1) 2

Now that they have Tuch, they might literally have their 3 best scoring forwards all out on IR.  (Suppose that was true when Eichel was here this season, but he was never suiting up again for the Sabres.  And technically Olofsson isn't on IR but it's getting close to a week that he's been out, so effectively ...)

Granato's not getting anything handed to him.

6 hours ago, dudacek said:

Tuch has 71 career PIMs and, as near as I can find, 2 career fights. He 301 hits in 249 Vegas games.

He’s no Foligno

Thank you.  Some people are talking about him as if he will be a bruiser, borderline enforcer.  Those people will be disappointed.  He is big, but he isn’t a nasty player and he doesn’t fight.  Good player though.

1 hour ago, Curt said:

Thank you.  Some people are talking about him as if he will be a bruiser, borderline enforcer.  Those people will be disappointed.  He is big, but he isn’t a nasty player and he doesn’t fight.  Good player though.

He's like Foligno in terms of his love of the city and the team; Tuch is Foligno only if instead become a checker and grinder he gained great skating speed and a bit better hands. 🙂 

• Like (+1) 1

38 minutes ago, thewookie1 said:

He's like Foligno in terms of his love of the city and the team; Tuch is Foligno only if instead become a checker and grinder he gained great skating speed and a bit better hands. 🙂 

Pretty sure the comparable was Mike Foligno, not Marcus.  Mike was a textbook power forward with good skill and hands, effective on the first line, always top 6.  Drop the gloves occasionally, but that wasn’t really his role, more a product of the era he played in.  Not unlike what Cozens seems to be trying.

• Like (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, Weave said:

Pretty sure the comparable was Mike Foligno, not Marcus.  Mike was a textbook power forward with good skill and hands, effective on the first line, always top 6.  Drop the gloves occasionally, but that wasn’t really his role, more a product of the era he played in.  Not unlike what Cozens seems to be trying.

Mike topped 100 PIMs 8 times for the Sabres. 

Tuch has 70ish in his career. intimidation and “keeping guys honest” is not part of his game.

3 minutes ago, Rasmus_ said:

Nope, Mogilny is the only #89 for the Sabres previously.

He's my favorite Sabre ever, still to this day.  Regardless of everything,  I love how Mogilny played, I loved his story about escaping the USSR before the wall went down etc. 

2 hours ago, dudacek said:

Mike topped 100 PIMs 8 times for the Sabres. 

Tuch has 70ish in his career. intimidation and “keeping guys honest” is not part of his game.

Product of his era.  Mike played when guys were accumulating 300 PIMs.  I think the roles overall may be more similar than different.  Adjust for era.

1 hour ago, pi2000 said:

I envision him on a line with Cozens and Skinner.   He likes to take the puck to the net, Skinner likes to clean up.

Agree. 

How’s his defensive game? Unfamiliar. Would be tough for Cozens to cover for both Skinner and someone else 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.